E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > MHD 2.0x Maps

10-11-2024, 01:39 PM   #45
ryansbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M-Sport, 2010 535x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBlaze View Post
I have the E series MHD license and maps and was able to get F series app to work with my E series license. You don’t need to do anything but log in to the app.
Awesome! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2024, 02:13 PM   #46
yoitsdhani
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i N55 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrevilo View Post
Has anyone else played around with resetting adaptations as part of testing? I went through and reset a lot as I am still trying to close down a slightly variable idle when warm and some instances of inconsistent revs (dropping to near stall) on initial manoeuvres after a cold start. The Valvetronic actuator has been changed and the relearn procedure completed without issue, so I am wondering if fresh coils might help.
I thought MHD resets adaptations whenever you flash a tune? Been noticing inconsistent revs as well when leaving in first, both cold and warm I thought maybe it was a clutch issue.

Last edited by yoitsdhani; 10-12-2024 at 02:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2024, 11:34 PM   #47
fastboatster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i

meanwhile, I'm continuing to be my own "mhd", and decided to show my "ignition cut" shifting:
      10-15-2024, 01:22 AM   #48
shmoneho
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i (N55)

Has MHD given a follow up on development for MHD+ for n55e i really want that antilag/launch control feature and especially the map switching! It would be a godsend when switching between E85 and 93
Appreciate 1
wrevilo75.50
      10-15-2024, 03:55 AM   #49
wrevilo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i N55 6MT

I have not seen any further updates on Facebook or had any response to the logs I posted. However, I am sure they are working on it in the background.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2024, 01:28 PM   #50
fastboatster
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoneho View Post
Has MHD given a follow up on development for MHD+ for n55e i really want that antilag/launch control feature and especially the map switching! It would be a godsend when switching between E85 and 93
why do you want to wait for MHD, though? aren't there any other people "messing" with these DMEs? MHD is not the only option to flash these DMEs, I'm using N55e Quickflash, which is cheaper btw than MHD's N55e flasher license and allows to write custom code from your tuner, not just a tune:
https://www.bimmertuningtools.com/pr...5e-quickflash/
And there're other options for logging like Vehical which is quite a bit faster and can log a lot more data points per second:
https://docs.vehical.net/logger_protocols
About the only option missing now is OTS maps, but your tuner can make these for you.
I get why people want to see map switch etc features from the MHD, though. They're pretty much the "gold standard" for the N54, and people expect them to be for the rest of the e9x platform engines like N55s. N55 is not an N54, though, and on the F-series platforms, many people actually prefer bm3 or ecutek. And I kind of get why nobody else is stepping in for N55e, you can spend all the time for the development and then people will be like "oh, but can you flash it using mhd".

Last edited by fastboatster; 10-15-2024 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2024, 06:12 PM   #51
minulache
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 F36 & E92 N55 LCI

Well, cost wise, going to a tuner to make you maps will cost you alot, plus the fact that the majority of good tuners don’t want to share their tunes like this. Imagine that anyone can use them, or you can share them with your friends etc and it’s like stealing money from their mouth.
Also, your option is for flashing maps, not switching maps on the fly…
Also, your tuner can make you a stage 2 map with antilag for example, another one without, another one with burble and antilag etc, so how many types of maps? In MHD you can only select them as an option, what you want, what you don’t want.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2024, 07:05 PM   #52
fastboatster
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minulache View Post
Well, cost wise, going to a tuner to make you maps will cost you alot, plus the fact that the majority of good tuners don’t want to share their tunes like this. Imagine that anyone can use them, or you can share them with your friends etc and it’s like stealing money from their mouth.
Also, your option is for flashing maps, not switching maps on the fly…
Also, your tuner can make you a stage 2 map with antilag for example, another one without, another one with burble and antilag etc, so how many types of maps? In MHD you can only select them as an option, what you want, what you don’t want.
well, my tuner is myself, lol. I don't quite get what you mean when you say "one map with antilag, another one without". afaik, mhd+ features for the f chassis are not switched on or off based on the map selection.
as for "Also, your option is for flashing maps, not switching maps on the fly…" - there's no switching maps on the fly on N55e MHD, either, at least not yet, and timeline seems to be very wide, we haven't seen any video teasers with these features from them, only verbal announcements.
As for the tunes, many people choose to get custom tunes done, so "cost" is very subjective. And again, I'm not making an argument MHD vs Quickflash vs some other flasher here, I'm merely describing what I'm using, not saying you should all switch to it. Although they do have a commercial version which can "crypt" the tunes. "Good tuners" also know how to vin-lock their files so your friends will thank you bricked dmes, lol.
I think you kind of missed my point here, which is that N55e community got conditioned to ignore anything but MHD, even though they paid almost no attention to N55e for many years.