BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

02-05-2022, 10:53 AM   #45
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvalt View Post
I ordered mine with ACC, and today when it went into production, it magically vanished from my order. Called BMW and they told me that it can't be ordered since October. I'm not picking up a $57K car that does not have ACC, when my 2016 GTI already had, and the lowest trim Honda Civic has it standard. I'll just wait for MY23 or get a different car.
Did you order your car prior to October?

If yes, then what is the reason for removing ACC?

If no, then why did they allow an order with ACC?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 06:43 AM   #46
codelilac
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by codelilac View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong… could you just change the tires/wheels after the fact? Like directly through BMW?

I went with the standard wheels simply to lower the cost of wheel replacements. That's it. we always have the option if we change our minds to just… you know… swap them?
The performance wheels (zero cost option!) gives you bigger, staggered-size wheels. If you want them anyway that's a money saver. And the standard tires are if anything *more* expensive to replace because runflats.

You can of course change your tires or wheels later, but you can never get back the increased top speed limiter that comes with the performance wheels. So I see no reason not to do that, since it doesn't cost anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoop View Post
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong… could you just change the tires/wheels after the fact? Like directly through BMW?

I went with the standard wheels simply to lower the cost of wheel replacements. That's it. we always have the option if we change our minds to just… you know… swap them?
The performance wheels (zero cost option!) gives you bigger, staggered-size wheels. If you want them anyway that's a money saver. And the standard tires are if anything *more* expensive to replace because runflats.

You can of course change your tires or wheels later, but you can never get back the increased top speed limiter that comes with the performance wheels. So I see no reason not to do that, since it doesn't cost anything.

So my sales associate told me that if you change the wheels down the road through BMW, that they are able to remove the speed limit.

He said that when they change tires they're required to put in a wheel code, and that the wheel code will change the Vmax on the car. He said runflats have a speed rating of 130 MPH, so the car won't exceed that speed when they're what's registered on the vehicle, but if you switch to performance tires down the line that the new wheel code lifts the speed limiter.

Is this true?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 11:03 AM   #47
240idax
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW m240i

Quote:
So my sales associate told me that if you change the wheels down the road through BMW, that they are able to remove the speed limit.

He said that when they change tires they're required to put in a wheel code, and that the wheel code will change the Vmax on the car. He said runflats have a speed rating of 130 MPH, so the car won't exceed that speed when they're what's registered on the vehicle, but if you switch to performance tires down the line that the new wheel code lifts the speed limiter.

Is this true?
Perhaps it's dealer dependent, but for all I have seen this is false. My dealer told me it cannot be changed, and I even ordered my car with the correct tires but they applied the wrong limits at the factory. They're willing to pay money even instead of changing it which further leads to my belief that it cannot be changed, or they simply won't for liability reasons. I have not found anyone on the forums that was able to have it changed by the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 11:07 AM   #48
PNW240
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i, Subaru Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post
Did you order your car prior to October?

If yes, then what is the reason for removing ACC?

If no, then why did they allow an order with ACC?
I had to fight a bit with mine to add it, and they were honest about the possibility of it dropping off.
I told them I wouldn’t be taking delivery if it did not arrive as ordered.
Seems to have made it through production with everything included so ACC being removed and that statement from the dealer is surprising!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 01:26 PM   #49
jpcoop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240idax View Post
Perhaps it's dealer dependent, but for all I have seen this is false. My dealer told me it cannot be changed, and I even ordered my car with the correct tires but they applied the wrong limits at the factory. They're willing to pay money even instead of changing it which further leads to my belief that it cannot be changed, or they simply won't for liability reasons. I have not found anyone on the forums that was able to have it changed by the dealer.
Yeah this is correct. Can't be changed, at least not by any normal operation. The iDrive menu they are referring to is for the tire pressure monitor, all it does is change how much it tells you to inflate your tires to (since it needs more PSI if used at higher speeds).
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 06:15 PM   #50
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

there seems to be a lot of mixed messages or misinformation out there, and i traditionally have been blaming misinformed dealers but I think much of the problem is the lack of good info coming direct from BMW, they seem to be pretty lax in getting good info to the dealers, other than the generic stuff needed to sell a car. We shouldn't have to guess at this stuff and get different messages from different dealers.
Appreciate 1
Jashue202.50
      02-09-2022, 12:59 PM   #51
MisteClueless
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M --> 2022 m240i

I do appreciate the input from everyone, I think I was just having a bit of a freak out and finding out the ACC was gone was my tipping point (its a feature I've been waiting to have for a while, drivers car or not). Still excited to get the car, and hearing what you all had to say kind of made me step back and realize its still gonna be a kick ass car, and I needed to chill. Was hoping I would take delivery sometime next week, but port delays + module recall- have me hoping before the end of the month then I can update on my impressions and how possession will change my feelings on unexpected changes from my "vision" of what I ordered.

2022 M240i Brooklyn Gray Shadowline, Black w/ Blue Stitching, 791M w/ as rft, Blue Calipers
Appreciate 2