E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Lighting / Electronics / Audio / Security > BMW Retrofit Team: CIC Navigation System Retrofits, Combox Retrofit and Remote Coding

Closed Thread

12-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #45
Max123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

last questions..

Will the hardware activated cic come preloaded with the maps for my region? is there any other type of coding needed after the cic is installed?
Would I be able to update to the lates maps that BMW releases in the future?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #46
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max123 View Post
last questions..

Will the hardware activated cic come preloaded with the maps for my region? is there any other type of coding needed after the cic is installed?
Maps of your region + FSC to activate these maps are extra, thus may require additional costs.
Usually no additional coding is required once CIC is pre-coded at our lab in prior to the shipping.
Yes, you will be able to upload any new maps for your CIC by using appropriate Maps FSC.

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #47
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max123 View Post
last questions..

No.

If the hardware-activation of the CIC blocks the VIN/FSC handshake then it cannot be possible for an owner to update the Maps regardless of having the FSC or not... the FSC are blocked by hardware.

For an owner to update the maps with FSC the CIC has to be activated by software/FSC and not hardware.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #48
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
No.

If the hardware-activation of the CIC blocks the VIN/FSC handshake then it cannot be possible for an owner to update the Maps regardless of having the FSC or not... the FSC are blocked by hardware.

For an owner to update the maps with FSC the CIC has to be activated by software/FSC and not hardware.
1. It is possible to update maps from DVDs using the FSC code issued for the VIN number which belongs to CIC. It does not matter if you have CAN Filter in line or not. CIC does care about VIN number reported from CAS via CAN ID transmission. If CAS not report (transmit) the VIN ID or report it with some specific VIN (exactly what CAN filter change it to), CIC will expect to have FSC which match the VIN with which CIC has been programmed previously.

2. We did this procedure many times. The trick is: How to know the VIN number for particular CIC - but this is resolved so far.

3. CAN filter does not block VIN handshake, it simply change the VIN number to the specific one

Last edited by bmwretrofit; 12-13-2010 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #49
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwretrofit View Post
1. It is possible to update maps from DVDs using the FSC code issued for the VIN number which belongs to CIC. It does not matter if you have CAN Filter in line or not. CIC does care about VIN number reported from CAS via CAN ID transmission. If CAS not report (transmit) the VIN ID or report it with some specific VIN (exactly what CAN filter change it to), CIC will expect to have FSC which match the VIN with which CIC has been programmed previously.

2. We did this procedure many times. The trick is: How to know the VIN number for particular CIC - but this is resolved so far.

3. CAN filter does not block VIN handshake, it simply change the VIN number to the specific one
Are you providing that particular VIN to the customers of hardware-activated CIC?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #50
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Are you providing that particular VIN to the customers of hardware-activated CIC?
Yes sure, we have to. Otherwise customer will not be able to purchase FSC code for the next Map update. We also offer FSC codes if required.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #51
speuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 3.0d MSport / F23

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes, possibly my fault is here. The production # date is within 2009...
So programming with ISTA 40 at our location only than.
Hi I have a 2010 F07 530d GT May 2010 build. Prof Media Pack, which has just (11th December) had an update from ISTA 40.0.0.3 TO 40.1.0.1. and update to 2011 Premium Road Maps Europe.

What do I need to add a ComBox? Is it simply a case of buying a kit from you or would I need to send the CIC to you for programming or have additional coding at UK dealer? What are the costs?
2019 G05 3.0d MSport in Artic Grey/ Black 2015 F15 3.0d MSport/ 2014 F15 3.0d MSport, Carbon Black with Ivory White/ Black interior. 2015 f23 2 series convertible in Glacier Silver / Black. 2010 F07 5GT SE Sapphire Black with Ivory White/black interior
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #52
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
I do not have I drive (dont want to add either)

I want to retrofit COMBOX for USB+Ipod as well as A2DP bluetooth.

Please PM me price for NON I drive combox addition to 2011 e90
bumping my own question.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #53
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
bumping my own question.
Please email (info@bmwretrofit.com) or PM us your email address and I will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you,
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #54
rezi
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Coupe

@bmwretrofit
news about the telematik combox?
does it work?

regards steven
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #55
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Dear Friends!

BMW Retrofit Team wishes you and your family Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #56
Maxi_for_Life
Mister
Romania
Rep
Drives: Bmw x6 3.5xd Bmw X5 G05

Bmw X6 Cic Retrofit

Hello, I want to share with you my experience was with http://www.bmwretrofit.com/. My car is a BMW X6 (E71) of 2009 which unfortunately I had the factory installed CCC system.
I saw in a friend car (BMW X5 E70) the CIC new system that I was very impressed.
BMW dealer did not want to do a retrofit for CIC and so I chose to do this alone.
I searched the internet and I came across the guys at www.bmwretrofit.com
I buy the kit from them (is the same for E70) and received in 3 weeks (i am from Romania).
I managed to order from the dealer the rest of the parts i needed and i installed the new CIC in the car .
The guys send me all the info i need for a primary installation.
In the first 10 minutes i wanted back my old CCC.
After 10 minutes i saw that the new CIC is AWESOME and wanted to have all the systems working!! I asked for the coding.
Alex do the coding for my car. He is not so communicative like Vlad but he do the job via internet in the end, after we have some problems with my laptop.

The problems i have after the installation and coding are:

1. Voice control (option 600$) is in German.

2.The PDC don't work. You need to put aditional 2 sets of 8 wires in the car. This come from the back in the front of the car.You need to order a new part JBE BOX (the kit from bmwretrofit.com don't include that) and cut some wires from the trunk.The old pdc module is not good anymore. Guys said that PDC will work after another coding of the new JBE BOX.

3.Back up Camera also don't work. They say will work after coding the new JBE BOx. Will see...

4. The last problem i have is i can't communicate with the guys like we communicate before (before i buy the kit)
They use a skype account and email. Via email is ok the reply come very fast (about 2-3 hours). Because i am from Europe i have a GMT +2 and they have GMT -5. There is a 7 hour difference.
Every time when i ask for help i do the things in the night in my location.This is not a problem but after you chat something via skype and stay in the car about 1 hour for a reply the thing become annoying.
I know they have many costumers but everybody need the same respect.
Now i have scheduled (with Vlad) a coding for Monday 11.01.2011. Hope i can do the install of the wires (PDC) and JBE Box till then.

Hope this is helping you if you want to do the retrofit. I communicate here the progress of my installation!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #57
LuvMyRide
Banned
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
2006 E90 Xi  [0.00]
Just so I understand correctly, you would need to have i-drive to begin with, correct???

If this is a COMPLETE retrofit (meaning for cars that DID NOT come with I drive) I am very interested.. Please let me know. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #58
Maxi_for_Life
Mister
Romania
Rep
Drives: Bmw x6 3.5xd Bmw X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyRide View Post
Just so I understand correctly, you would need to have i-drive to begin with, correct???

If this is a COMPLETE retrofit (meaning for cars that DID NOT come with I drive) I am very interested.. Please let me know. Thanks!
i have the CCC (old I-drive) from factory.
They can help you even you don't have from factory. ASk them.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #59
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyRide View Post

Yes, the premise in this thread and in any thread that talks about a CIC retrofit is that you need to have iDrive to begin with.

Otherwise you will need to replace your dash and create wire harnesses for the controller and the screen and then code your car to recognize the iDrive. There is a DIY thread just for this full retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 05:49 AM   #60
spazticrecords
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 328 XI

Has anyone succesfully dont the combox retrofit on CIC. I want to do this, but am not sure if I feel comfortable installing it yet. I think the guys said I need new wiring harness and since my car is a lease I don't want to splice wires or anything unless I can put the car back to stock. If anyone has done it and would mind helping me, I would very much appreciate it. Also, I don't have a BMW assist subscription but do I loose that functionality to use it? The combox adds a lot of nice features that should of came with my 50k car in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #61
rezi
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Coupe

yes i did. all media is working, bluetooth audio streaming, ...
the ecell doesn't work. the problem is the can bus. i take it from the pdc but doesnt work. the ecell is needed for the connected drive features. but i am shure we will serve the problem. a friend is looking from where we have to get the can bus signal.

a few picts from yesterday
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 05:19 AM   #62
Chob
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 318d Touring 09/2009

Nice Rezi! Thanks for the pictures. Just to be sure, you did this all by yourself and you're nót a BMW-mechanic?

Today I've contacted 2 official dealers (Belgium) about the retrofit of a Combox in my post sept/09 3 Touring with CIC. One is my dealer where I bought the car and he didn't say no. The other dealer immediatly said no because it's not possible and if so that the money isn't worth the extras but who is he to judge because that's my problem.

So now I am waiting for an answer and a price.

@Rezi, where did you buy your combox?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #63
spazticrecords
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 328 XI

How hard was it too install? What other parts did you need and did you need to cut any wires or splice or it's a lot of plug and play.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 08:16 AM   #64
bmw-art
Germany
Rep
Drives: e92

combox coasts near 300 euro
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 08:18 AM   #65
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

We have comboxes in stock: http://www.bmwretrofit.com/store/ind...tegory&path=36
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #66
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
What about the Combox harness? Have you tested the Combox Telematics by transferring an existing TCU account to it?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread