E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Brief Overview of Procede vs Dinan

01-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #45
WilyB
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
I'm like Eugene, just want a stable products thats NOT centered around MORE hp, but stable refined tune...
PROcede has been a stable product for me since 03/2007. Never a CEL, never a problem, and it is getting refined by the version. V2.02 is very sweet. Isn't our Austrian friend back to V2?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #46
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Wow this is by far one of the most ignorant posts I've read on e90post! pathetic! You're clearly just trying to get a rise out of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
If your into Dragracing, where your going to be making your car a suped-up Bimmer with modified exhaust, removing of the cats, etc...

Then you would choose something like what alot of the illegal "street kids" use.. such as the PROcede. Because VishnuTuning periodically release "maps" for those dragracers whom have removed their Catalytic Convertors, or other "performance" modification.. such as running with 100Octane.

Mind you... many choose this type of "tune" and use these cars as their daily drivers... and you see all the "kiddies" post these kills up on YouTube. But you have to realize they don't own their cars and they will sell off their tune once their done with the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #47
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep
Drives: White Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5sokol335icoupe View Post
what are the gains of a V2 on 91 octane of a full stock car on the TQ setting set to match? what is the best TQ setting for 91 octane?
+1 Shiv, I would like to know as well. You mentioned above 92-94%, are we allowed to go that high w/ 91 oct.
      01-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #48
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
Wow this is by far one of the most ignorant posts I've read on e90post! pathetic! You're clearly just trying to get a rise out of people.
Meh, I have some sympathy for his position. I think it's irresponsible to circumvent the emissions equipment. Period. And I found Jim Conforti's stand on this forthright. So yeah, I never felt very good about some of the tuners talking up going catless. If I were Shiv, given the prominence of Vishnu, there is no way that I would be providing what amounts to an illegal street tune, nor would I be encouraging anyone to get catless DPs. I thought RR et al were making a mistake offering catless DPs in preference to catted DPs.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 10:39 AM   #49
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilyB View Post
PROcede has been a stable product for me since 03/2007. Never a CEL, never a problem, and it is getting refined by the version. V2.02 is very sweet. Isn't our Austrian friend back to V2?
I am back on V2.0.2 29-12. I use a different V2 PROcede unit power-source and different ( more precise ) V2 harness power resistors ( Thanks, Orb ! ). I will rebuild the complete PROcede V1 and V2 harness soon. I have zero problems with the car and the tuning so far.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #50
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
This thread has somehow transformed into something different.

I think it's great for tuners to have a tune for high flow cats or no cats. There's nothing wrong with this since it is legal to use these programs on the strip and on the track.

In my GLI, I had a flanged straight pipe that I would put in to replace the cat when I would go to the track. I had a software program that would go with the test pipe, and I could switch between software programs by using my cruise control switch.
This was a great idea and there was nothing wrong with running the catless pipes on the strip.

I understand that some people use these programs on the street, but there should be no fingers pointing to the tuners for giving what the customers want.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 11:10 AM   #51
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
This thread has somehow transformed into something different.

I think it's great for tuners to have a tune for high flow cats or no cats. There's nothing wrong with this since it is legal to use these programs on the strip and on the track.

In my GLI, I had a flanged straight pipe that I would put in to replace the cat when I would go to the track. I had a software program that would go with the test pipe, and I could switch between software programs by using my cruise control switch.
This was a great idea and there was nothing wrong with running the catless pipes on the strip.

I understand that some people use these programs on the street, but there should be no fingers pointing to the tuners for giving what the customers want.
This is obviously a tough issue with a lot of grey area. Your behavior is laudable, but the rather extreme exception, unfortunately. To date, I have yet to read anything by any of the tuners (AA, VIP, Vishnu, etc.) that restricts or even suggests that illegal products be used only in race/track conditions. Who is going to go to the trouble of installing catless DPs and circumventing the sensors for just a night at the dragstrip, reinstalling stock legal parts the next day? The whole issue was not really ever even discussed until Astris raised the question with Jim Conforti, who showed a lot of backbone.

No one is happy with Big Brother, but there is a potential Tragedy of the Commons here. The regulations are there for good reason, and the logic that "my little car won't make much difference" kills the system. It's just like cheating on your taxes or stealing.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #52
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
To date, I have yet to read anything by any of the tuners (AA, VIP, Vishnu, etc.) that restricts or even suggests that illegal products be used only in race/track conditions.
All JB products are stated to be for off-road use only. It is right there in the installation instructions.....
      01-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #53
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

Quote:
The whole issue was not really ever even discussed until Astris raised the question with Jim Conforti, who showed a lot of backbone.
He still made a "race" tune for catless cars that I (and absolutely anyone) can buy today for street use.

Honestly stressdoc, do you think any tuner, including Conforti, created a "race" tune entirely for track use only thinking it would never be used on the street? Of course not. Only a handful would ever be sold, making it not worth while to produce.

Again, I don't really have a problem with it, I just don't think any tuner is that benevolent to spend the time, effort, and money and see a very minimal return. I would bet that if they were only sold to race cars and teams, there would be a loss, not profit. So why do it?

Ok, now back to the topic. I'm done thread jacking. lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 07:14 AM   #54
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
This is obviously a tough issue with a lot of grey area. Your behavior is laudable, but the rather extreme exception, unfortunately. To date, I have yet to read anything by any of the tuners (AA, VIP, Vishnu, etc.) that restricts or even suggests that illegal products be used only in race/track conditions. Who is going to go to the trouble of installing catless DPs and circumventing the sensors for just a night at the dragstrip, reinstalling stock legal parts the next day? The whole issue was not really ever even discussed until Astris raised the question with Jim Conforti, who showed a lot of backbone.

No one is happy with Big Brother, but there is a potential Tragedy of the Commons here. The regulations are there for good reason, and the logic that "my little car won't make much difference" kills the system. It's just like cheating on your taxes or stealing.

+10
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 07:24 AM   #55
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post
He still made a "race" tune for catless cars that I (and absolutely anyone) can buy today for street use.

Honestly stressdoc, do you think any tuner, including Conforti, created a "race" tune entirely for track use only thinking it would never be used on the street? Of course not. Only a handful would ever be sold, making it not worth while to produce.

Again, I don't really have a problem with it, I just don't think any tuner is that benevolent to spend the time, effort, and money and see a very minimal return. I would bet that if they were only sold to race cars and teams, there would be a loss, not profit. So why do it?

Ok, now back to the topic. I'm done thread jacking. lol.

Damn dude, your not too bright. jim already approached you on this and straiten you out. You keep slandering his name, even after he has said directly to you that he has never personally sold one of his tunes for street use.

Astris, If you can name a shop that has JC's products that are selling them illegally... Jim said all you have to do is mention what shop your talking about and he himself said:
Quote:
US Law is such that I cannot control what another business does. If I find out that anyone is selling race tunes for street-operated vehicles. And I find that out with a high level of provability.. I would dial my friends at CARB and the USEPA myself.
Meaning Jim would shut down that shop!

Guess your not to bright slandering him (again) like that... even after he asked you to look up the word "libel"

-Garrett
Appreciate 0