E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Best bang for buck coilovers?

04-06-2019, 02:35 PM   #45
dublin14
Banned
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i- F150 FX4- Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antetokounmpo View Post
Similar I would say to my BC racing BR coils.
I sent ST an email. My answer was.... "send us pics of the install". Im going to that when the car comes out of storage. Either way Im not happy. Kind of ruined my car in a way.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 10:07 PM   #46
liftrichh
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapCoupe View Post
I picked up a set of new ST V1 Coilovers for around $800. They were easy to install, had great build quality, and ride decent for how bad the roads are around me. It might be worth going with the KW V1 (same exact design, just uses stainless steel bodies) if you live in an area with a lot of car rust.
I heard these are good from a guy locally to me. I was wondering if I can raise the height of my rears with these coils and will it reduce the bouncing level whenever I go they bumps and etc. was $800 for a set?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 07:03 AM   #47
dublin14
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftrichh View Post
I heard these are good from a guy locally to me. I was wondering if I can raise the height of my rears with these coils and will it reduce the bouncing level whenever I go they bumps and etc. was $800 for a set?
Pay attention😉shit coilovers. Spend more to get adjustable dampening.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 07:04 AM   #48
liftrichh
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublin14 View Post
Quote:
Pay attention😉shit coilovers. Spend more to get adjustable dampening.
Pm please
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 09:17 AM   #49
philgli
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E92 Msport

i have had KW v1 and ST v1. Like everyone said, same thing but KW has the stainless body. Both are great. Get a set of used KW v1s from the forum. If they have less than 25k miles and have no leaks, i wouldn't think twice about it.

Also, if you get your alignment done at the "lowered" height, then raise in an inch during the winter for a few months, you should be fine. Just dont get it aligned at the "winter" height. I mean, hell, we get them so we can adjust them!

dont get BCs...
      04-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #50
dublin14
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Pm please
I've been playing with cars since 1992. I've had alot of different cars modded over those years. IMO these ST X coilovers are good on big bumps but harsh AF on small cracks. I feel every small bump. Same with hwy cracks. I kick myself in the ass wondering why I didnt spend the extra to buy myself the option of adjustability. For the roads around me Im just not a fan of these coilovers. The one size fits all dampening is just not good enough IMHO. But you might be fine with them?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #51
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
I've been playing with cars since 1992. I've had alot of different cars modded over those years. IMO these ST X coilovers are good on big bumps but harsh AF on small cracks. I feel every small bump. Same with hwy cracks. I kick myself in the ass wondering why I didnt spend the extra to buy myself the option of adjustability. For the roads around me Im just not a fan of these coilovers. The one size fits all dampening is just not good enough IMHO. But you might be fine with them?
Damn you're scaring me I'm in Quebec roads are even worse. I got the Billstein non adjustable dampers haha I guess I'll see how I handle it.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 09:58 AM   #52
liftrichh
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Pm please
I need to get adjustable damping because it's my car runs when I go over bump. I need to get either stiff higher/taller spring could you lead me to the right direction
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 12:52 PM   #53
Rep
Drives: ST335,E36M3

Just curious, what's the obsession about coilovers? Do you plan on changing the springs, ride height, dampening, compression?

What's wrong with a nice progressive spring and some Koni shocks for a DD?

Cheap coilovers are always a bad idea.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 01:28 PM   #54
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6266335 View Post
Just curious, what's the obsession about coilovers? Do you plan on changing the springs, ride height, dampening, compression?

What's wrong with a nice progressive spring and some Koni shocks for a DD?

Cheap coilovers are always a bad idea.
I liked that I can be milimeters perfect in term of my required ride hieght so it sits nicely and no rubbing on 12mm spacers. Also improve ride quality for sporty driving and all.

I edned up wiht Bilstein B14 PSS which I don't think are cheap. And I really love them!
Appreciate 0