BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Photos / Videos / Builds / Journals

08-14-2023, 06:31 PM   #67
Matt@Evolve
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, E36 M3 Touring, Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
For you guys that have had the car for a little while, what are your thoughts on the screens / lack of HVAC buttons?

My lady got to sit in a new M2 (not drive it) and was really put off by not being able to push the Mac AC button (it IS 110 in Texas right now)
HVAC is fine, as the buttons are still there and truthfully the auto setting is very good.

Heated seats sucks, and it’s a solvable issue by just adding the button in as software. When you have it on ‘very high’ it actually puts an icon there! But it disappears. I also dislike how it remembers the heated seat setting rather than turning off like older cars. They also don’t seem to get as hot? G82 with ID7 and buckets gets hotter than G87 with ID8 and buckets.

In general ID8 makes more sense to me than ID7, the gauges are already a screen, stop making them try and look traditional in a recess and just go all the way to a screen that can show more information. I prefer the UI also, and the larger screen feels like it makes a bit more sense. Going back to ID7 surprisingly feels like a step back, even though fundamentally they do the same things.
Appreciate 2
dmboone254972.00
ronin130131002.00
      08-14-2023, 06:50 PM   #68
M2siast
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
my guy, you can go whereever and say whatever, I know I will.
And I'm perfectly happy with all the "fake" badges that BMW installed on my car.
BMW doesn't install ///M grille slats yet. I foresee them being an option in the future, because many people need them. But not yet. You paid money to install those in your car. Which is fine. Not sure why you are not owning up to liking them... You do you man. Be proud of your things. When you're proud of what you have and who you are, your self-esteem gets higher. And when you have higher self-esteem, you don't feel the need to go on other people's car forums to knock on their vehicles.

Enjoy your nice car in good health. It is a nice car. No need to put others down.
Appreciate 3
aerobod3724.00
ronin130131002.00
clydefrog288.50
      08-14-2023, 08:38 PM   #69
imperfectluck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
BMW doesn't install ///M grille slats yet. I foresee them being an option in the future, because many people need them. But not yet. You paid money to install those in your car. Which is fine. Not sure why you are not owning up to liking them... You do you man. Be proud of your things. When you're proud of what you have and who you are, your self-esteem gets higher. And when you have higher self-esteem, you don't feel the need to go on other people's car forums to knock on their vehicles.

Enjoy your nice car in good health. It is a nice car. No need to put others down.
In case you haven’t seen it this has already existed as I’ve seen one on a vehicle from factory already.

Can we please leave the petty convos, it literally ate half of the last page before I got to this one, thanks.

Link
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 08:49 PM   #70
M2siast
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectluck View Post
In case you haven’t seen it this has already existed as I’ve seen one on a vehicle from factory already.

Can we please leave the petty convos, it literally ate half of the last page before I got to this one, thanks.

Link
The car in question:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 12:50 PM   #71
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini.m3 View Post
I like evolve products but I take everything they say about newer bmws with a grain of salt. Imran hasn’t met a new bmw he doesn’t like - what’s he going to do? Give his real feelings when each of these new models = $$ after initial R&D is completed? I love the mental gymnastics they come up with. If anyone can find me one evolve video where they are critical of any of the new g series platform cars or any new Bmw for they matter, I’d love to see it.
These YouTube shops are all the same. Shill spacers Sunday. Upload lowering springs on stock shocks content Monday.
      08-17-2023, 04:58 PM   #72
sbom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adris View Post
g87 looks amazing and masculine, but the f87 compared with g87 looks kind of girlish
I agree with that gender statement...this got me thinking about people who use "he" or "she" when talking about their car (versus "it")...I always thought it was silly, but in this case, the F87 is clearly feminine and the G87 masculine, so maybe it applies

...in the end, really glad I own the F87 (CS) and will for sure not switch a G87...I'd rather ride a woman
Appreciate 1
Tarmac124.50