E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Lighting / Electronics / Audio / Security > BMW Retrofit Team: CIC Navigation System Retrofits, Combox Retrofit and Remote Coding

Closed Thread

01-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #111
kinimod
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezi View Post
yes, 100% working
also we tested the extendes emergency call.
no faults.

also coded the bmw apps, comming with 3/11 (webradio, ...).
the ipod out functionallity will not appear in 3/11. unstable at the moment.
the combox media adapter will get a fan in 3/11. iphone 4 gets to hot with webradio.
Where did you get this info please? And what does the 3/11 mean? What's a 2011.5 then?

Wondering when "iPod out" will be finally available...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #112
rezi
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwretrofit View Post
BMW Retrofit Team will be presenting to your attention very soon complete solution for the Combox installation in your vehicle.

It will include Combox Hardware, Wiring and of course Detailed installation instructions with pictures. Remote coding for your system will also be included.

Stay tuned
@bmwretrofit
the wiring for the ejectbox is missing. so the snapin adapter is not working.
the telematic options are not working - wiring is missing.
internet over customer handy is also working with the combox media, has nothing to do with the telematic.

so i´m still waiting for a pict showing the album cover + bmw assist, etc. in you car.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #113
rezi
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinimod View Post
Where did you get this info please? And what does the 3/11 mean? What's a 2011.5 then?

Wondering when "iPod out" will be finally available...
3/11 is meaning march 2011
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #114
rezi
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep

@bmw retrofit

oh i see - this is the combox media on the picts. there are no connectors for the two antennas.

what is going on with the telematic coding??
the us guys will need it, because there are a lot of features (and comming features) which needs the telematic.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #115
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinimod View Post
I have an E60 LCI 2008 with iDrive and CCC Professional, with Assist, Online, Telematics, phone cradle, Bluetooth.

Dealer retrofitted me a USB Audio Interface (USB + AUX in glove box under the cradle, supports iPods with standard cable and iPhones with Y cable). This required to install additional "ULF High" module and update the CCC software to the latest version.

I'd like to retrofit to CIC + Combox, but want to keep all my current features. From the retrofit, I'm particularly interested in "BMW Apps" and "iPod out" feature. User Rezi said here that "iPod out" is unstable at the moment and therefore disabled?

1) If I retrofit now, will it be possible to update software later to support "iPod out" or does it require a new set of hardware?
2) Does your current retrofit solution keep Assist, Online, Telematics?
3) How does maps update work (with FSC codes and without them when custom chip is used)?
In short:

1. Yes, it will be possible to update software. Hardware, if purchased from us, remains the same. We do not guarantee that if purchased from other vendors.

2. We may offer Internet via Combox at your CIC access at the moment.

3. We do provide you with any map FSC codes. We guarantee that maps updates will work for you as usual. You will have a VIN number to purchase FSC Maps updates code for.

We will be happy to answer all your questions in details via email: info@bmwretrofit.com
Please drop us a line via email and we will take care of all your questions
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #116
CrimsonIvy35i
Captain
Rep
Drives: X6 M

Hello guys. I don't have navigation on my e92. Is it possible to retrofit the new idrive on my car? And is it fully functional retrofittable?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #117
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonIvy35i View Post
Hello guys. I don't have navigation on my e92. Is it possible to retrofit the new idrive on my car? And is it fully functional retrofittable?
Hello,

Yes, it is absolutely possibl; however it will involve dash board change and some additional wiring and parts installation.
Once done with retrofit, your installation will be fully functional.

For more information please drop us a line at: info@bmwretrofit.com and we will be happy to answer all your questions.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #118
CrimsonIvy35i
Captain
Rep
Drives: X6 M

Quote:
Hello,

Yes, it is absolutely possibl; however it will involve dash board change and some additional wiring and parts installation.
Once done with retrofit, your installation will be fully functional.

For more information please drop us a line at: info@bmwretrofit.com and we will be happy to answer all your questions.

Thank you
Would you provide me with all the parts needed. And how will I install this?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #119
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #120
WAYNEBO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
It would be more helpful if you posted before/after pics at the front of this thread post -- showing the actual install on a real car.
      01-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #121
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNEBO View Post
It would be more helpful if you posted before/after pics at the front of this thread post -- showing the actual install on a real car.
More pics where added to the first post
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #122
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

George, member of our team, did a videos for us.
We are on Youtube now

Subscribe at our Youtube channel !

Last edited by bmwretrofit; 02-01-2011 at 02:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 02:06 AM   #123
KiwiJoe
Registered
Rep
Drives: 318i

Any chance someone could clarify a few things for me?

I am looking to purchase a E60 2004 without CCC, only MASK Idrive, no telematics, and not phone prep.

Would SVS work, what would i need to install microphone wise etc?
Could i install combox when I dont have TCU?

Very keen on buying this car but CIC and Combox retrofit are a must have.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #124
Maxi_for_Life
Mister
Romania
Rep
Drives: Bmw x6 3.5xd Bmw X5 G05

Cic Monitor is dead ....:((((

[u2b][/u2b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornekus View Post
Today me and Vlad managed to code the car and resolve:
1.Voice control in english ok
2.Pdc working ok, after i instaled 2 sets of 8 wires from the back to the front of the car.

The remaining problem is the rear camera...i need to wait that they find a solution for that. In the first discution that i have with www.bmwretrofit.com they say i need 2 wires instaled so my rear camera work.... This is not true yet. I wait for a solution.

Conclusion > If they don't find a slotion for camera the CIC instalation was to expensive and the pointless because of the money lost . I hope i don't need to buy a new oem camera because is about 600 usd ..(

Hello again,
My Cic monitor and comands from idrive controler are dead in the morning. Everyting work fine (except the rear camera ) when i park the car.

I am very upset. Maybe this CIC "retrofit" was not a good option.
I wait to see the profesionalism of www.bmwretrofit.com to resolve the problem. The system cost me alot of money. This money are now lost if i have any problem with the unit because i don't send anything to Canada to repair. The tax in my country is very large when i receive something from a non ue country. SO DON'T WORHT ANY MORE!!!!

Please see the atash video. Any info are welcome. [u2b][/u2b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0wys3xjABQ
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #125
chuzo
Private
Panama
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
[u2b][/u2b]

Hello again,
My Cic monitor and comands from idrive controler are dead in the morning. Everyting work fine (except the rear camera ) when i park the car.

I wait to see the profesionalism of www.bmwretrofit.com to resolve the problem. The system cost me alot of money. This money are now lost if i have any problem with the unit because i don't send anything to Canada to repair. The tax in my country is very large when i receive something from a non ue country. SO DON'T WORHT ANY MORE!!!!

Please see the atash video. Any info are welcome. [u2b][/u2b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0wys3xjABQ
was everything working fine??? check the fuse at the front fuse box.. If I remember its fuse 16 or 17 (don't remember).. It's a mini fuse
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #126
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:

Hello again,

Please see the atash video. Any info are welcome.
A CAN bus command turns the monitor on and transport the controller commands.

Somehow your CAN bus connection to the controller and the monitor got interrupted/cut off, thus the reason of no monitor display and no controller response.

Check the CAN bus wiring.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #127
ibd12nv
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rep
Drives: 335I, E46 M3, X5M

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [10.00]
are you guys headed to Mfest in Vegas this year? I would like to drive over and have mine installed there.
      02-06-2011, 11:49 PM   #128
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
[u2b][/u2b]

Hello again,

Problem has been resolved. Fuses are the main "weak" parts.
No need to panic
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #129
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiJoe View Post
Any chance someone could clarify a few things for me?

I am looking to purchase a E60 2004 without CCC, only MASK Idrive, no telematics, and not phone prep.

Would SVS work, what would i need to install microphone wise etc?
Could i install combox when I dont have TCU?

Very keen on buying this car but CIC and Combox retrofit are a must have.

Thanks in advance
Hello,

Combox will work with CIC only. You can have it installed without TCU.
SVS will work if option is ordered and properly configured. You will need to add microphone if it not not exists.

VIN number of the vehicle, sent to the email: info@bmwretrofit.com will help us to answer all your questions
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #130
Maxi_for_Life
Mister
Romania
Rep
Drives: Bmw x6 3.5xd Bmw X5 G05

Problem resolved...

Quote:
Problem has been resolved. Fuses are the main "weak" parts.
No need to panic
I am not in panic guys.
I checked all the fuses 2 times. After that the system have the same problem.
I open may dash bord and get out the fucking CIC 2 times. I check the conectors again 2 times. Put everything back in and surprise the Cic work again.
I don't know what was the problem but not the system is working fine.
The guys from Bmwretrofit asist me all the way .
This forum and my post make alot of this i think.
I am very glad that you think with professionalism and take this in serious mode now

Today i noticed the navi go wrong...the position of the car is not correct on the gps map. I talk with the BMwretrofit again and they say to check the blue connector from the back of the CIC. This was the problem ...the connector was not in his place. Put the connector in right hole again ,and i put the CIC back in his place. AFter that the vehicle position was ok.

I noticed short refresh of the display (about 0,2 sec) from time to time.
Anybody see that? The display go black and after a very short time go to initial image. This is very hard to see if you are driving. you see that so this is a particular situation.
I hope everything remains in this way.....hope no problems!!!!

Now only thing i have left is my Rear Camera. Bmwretrofit promise that resolve this problem in a very short time. I wait to write about this! if this will be done.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #131
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
I am not in panic guys.
I checked all the fuses 2 times. After that the system have the same problem.
I open may dash bord and get out the fucking CIC 2 times. I check the conectors again 2 times. Put everything back in and surprise the Cic work again.
I don't know what was the problem but not the system is working fine.
The guys from Bmwretrofit asist me all the way .
This forum and my post make alot of this i think.
I am very glad that you think with professionalism and take this in serious mode now

Today i noticed the navi go wrong...the position of the car is not correct on the gps map. I talk with the BMwretrofit again and they say to check the blue connector from the back of the CIC. This was the problem ...the connector was not in his place. Put the connector in right hole again ,and i put the CIC back in his place. AFter that the vehicle position was ok.

I noticed short refresh of the display (about 0,2 sec) from time to time.
Anybody see that? The display go black and after a very short time go to initial image. This is very hard to see if you are driving. you see that so this is a particular situation.
I hope everything remains in this way.....hope no problems!!!!

Now only thing i have left is my Rear Camera. Bmwretrofit promise that resolve this problem in a very short time. I wait to write about this! if this will be done.
Your CAN bus wires in the back of the CIC were not making contact...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #132
onesuperboi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335i COBB 4.01 Stage 1

Wow. A much better price than the other person offering the CIC retrofit (~$1000 cheaper). Thanks!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread