F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Help!!How to retrofit my new cluster into my F30
ARMA SPEED

02-06-2024, 12:17 PM   #155
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mougwai View Post
Okay, there are 1 time long vin and 3 times short VIN, i will replace them by FF instead of my VIN.

Maybe the coding do something more to solve the problem

Bonjour,
Can you please get in touch via DM? I have a question re: 6WB virginisation and would appreciate if you could share how you did that. Thanks
      05-09-2024, 04:27 PM   #156
armenh7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhnblckwood View Post
I’m having a hard time with 160DOWT eeprom. I can only get it to read with test clip one way and the vin file is all zeros. If I try to put the test clip on different ways I get no eeprom error or pin error. Anyone deal with this problem before? Do we still choose DOWQ as chip type? I only need to change vin so really rather not desolder eeprom as I heard I can’t eerase mileage anyway with this eeprom and r270.
Did you ever figure this out? I'm able to read when desoldering but would prefer to use the clip. These clusters take so much heat to get the eeprom desoldered.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:41 AM   #157
armenh7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenh7 View Post
Did you ever figure this out? I'm able to read when desoldering but would prefer to use the clip. These clusters take so much heat to get the eeprom desoldered.
I fixed this. I had my test clip pins soldered in upside down. Now, I'm able to read and write successfully but the mileage always reads 0 which is unfortunate. On the bright side, I can still change the VIN for cars that have higher mileage than the replacement cluster and don't need to desolder the EEPROM.
Appreciate 0