E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Lighting / Electronics / Audio / Security > BMW Retrofit Team: CIC Navigation System Retrofits, Combox Retrofit and Remote Coding

Closed Thread

04-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #177
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwretrofit View Post
BMW Assist integration for North American Combox Telematics units is comming soon. We work on this hard during past couple month.
There are few opened questions left at the moment and the most important is the: clean and proper transfer of the existed BMW Assist account to the new hardware.
We do not want to release any solution which is not complete yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #178
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Its time for the OEM iPhone Video solution

We are working hard on bringing you OEM Video from iPhone solution.
Stay tuned.

Comming soon at our online store. Already available for preordering !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #179
maxmm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 535d GT

Hello.

Could not send PM, asking here

Is it possible to do remote coding to enable "internet" option? Everything else is enabled and working - but the car been ordered (and already delivered) 3 days earlier than option been officially opened in the UK

Officials are still not aware is it allowed or not...

I just like to have internet browser in my car - especially for a passengers (i've got professional rear ent. media)

Last edited by maxmm; 05-03-2011 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #180
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa View Post
Hello.

Could not send PM, asking here

Is it possible to do remote coding to enable "internet" option? Everything else is enabled and working - but the car been ordered (and already delivered) 3 days earlier than option been officially opened in the UK

Officials are still not aware is it allowed or not...

I just like to have internet browser in my car - especially for a passengers (i've got professional rear ent. media)
I am sure it is possible !
Please email us at: info@bimmerretrofit.com and we will be happy to help.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #181
gordonx1
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 E84

I seen you had kits for E87 and E82 but what about X1 E84 CIC ?
Please email me: pjgordon@gmail.com your offer on it
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #182
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Please email us your request and we will be more than happy to help.
info@bimmerretrofit.com

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 06:52 AM   #183
gerritg
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5 Diesel

okay, I manged to retrofit my vehicel with the new CIC.

Everyone buying the Bimmer Retrfit plug and play device should also remove the plastic cover that holds the navigation. You will need to put the big cable adatper on the left so that there is enough room for the navi unit to be place into the hole. If you don't do so it won't fit.

I have a question regarding the plug and play device. the navigation and everything else seem to be working. However I get following errors
- no sound
- dashboard says no SOS calls
- Navigation is activated but no GPS signal. map is locates somewhere in Poland. (that is where I got the navi from)

I also noticed that the language only shows UK English, French, Spanish,
Unluckily no German.

Futher I noticed that the CIC has no port for a black connector that was used on the CCC. Anybody got an idea what this is used for?

Also the Navigation has a sticker on top with HD Sirrius Radio. Not sure what this is. I hope its not an U.S Version.

Thanks for your kind help
Attached Images

SOLD 2012>>>BMW 335i Prior Design*AP Racing suspension*K-Sport brake system 8-piston*Individual paint Lambo Balloon white*Alcantara Roof Liner*CIC Retrofittment*M3 Seats paladium silver*M6 Rims 20inch 245.3535-R275.35*BMW Performance Exhaust* LUX V3.AE
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 07:06 AM   #184
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerritg View Post
okay, I manged to retrofit my vehicel with the new CIC.

Everyone buying the Bimmer Retrfit plug and play device should also remove the plastic cover that holds the navigation. You will need to put the big cable adatper on the left so that there is enough room for the navi unit to be place into the hole. If you don't do so it won't fit.

I have a question regarding the plug and play device. the navigation and everything else seem to be working. However I get following errors
- no sound
- dashboard says no SOS calls
- Navigation is activated but no GPS signal. map is locates somewhere in Poland. (that is where I got the navi from)

I also noticed that the language only shows UK English, French, Spanish,
Unluckily no German.

Futher I noticed that the CIC has no port for a black connector that was used on the CCC. Anybody got an idea what this is used for?

Also the Navigation has a sticker on top with HD Sirrius Radio. Not sure what this is. I hope its not an U.S Version.

You did not transfer the MOST plug from the OEM Quadralock to the retrofit harness. It is clearly stated in the retrofit harness install instructions with photos.

That CIC looks like it is USA.

That connector is not used in the CIC, leave it alone.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #185
gerritg
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep

Hi,
Thanks
Can u provide me with a link? When i got the plug and play module I got no instructions or manual.

SOLD 2012>>>BMW 335i Prior Design*AP Racing suspension*K-Sport brake system 8-piston*Individual paint Lambo Balloon white*Alcantara Roof Liner*CIC Retrofittment*M3 Seats paladium silver*M6 Rims 20inch 245.3535-R275.35*BMW Performance Exhaust* LUX V3.AE
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #186
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Dear gerritg,

At the page where you purchased the PNP module, at the bottom there was a link to the Instruction manual. Please check it here:

Product page

Here is the direct link to the instruction manual for the PNP Activation module:

Instruction manual

Technic is absolutely correct - you forgot to switch the MOST plug. Once it is done you should be getting beck all missing functions such as sound, SOS, e.t.c related to the MOST ring

Regarding your CIC unit, where did you get it from ? It looks like there are plenty of CIC units which have the Sirius label on top but these are NOT US spec ones. You have to verify with the seller if the CIC you purchased is US or Euro.

Lastly regarding the language issue you have - you absolutely required to get your newly installed CIC retrofit coded for your vehicle. Otherwise I am not sure if you have all correct parameters written in to your CIC unit at present.

In case if you may require assistance or help please email us directly at: info@bimmerretrofit.com

Thank you

Last edited by bmwretrofit; 06-07-2011 at 09:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #187
si777
Rep
Drives: E60

Hi Gerrtig,

du hast eine US-Version zu 100% und das eine Kabel mit 3 Pin´s ist für den Lüfter vom CCC wird beim CIC nicht angeschlossen. Du hast auch kein EU-Karten Material drauf deswegen geht die Navigation nicht. Wie kann man hier PM schreiben?? Gruß
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #188
gerritg
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep

Thank you so much. The seller told me its a european version. Its really strange why it has the sirrius sticker on it. Don't know why. In 3 days I will be able to test as I will on a journey. Can't wait to try it out but I think it will work 100%. I thought its a plug and play device :-) So plug and play.

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #189
CRS
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 323i

Is this retrofit possible for an E90 323i without nav?

What are the parts that are needed in addition to the kit and how much approx would it cost?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #190
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Is this retrofit possible for an E90 323i without nav?

What are the parts that are needed in addition to the kit and how much approx would it cost?
Please email us at: info@bimmerretrofit.com and we will be more than happy to answer all your questions.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #191
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Good day everyone and Thank you for reading!

We are pleased to announce that the affordable, and what is most important, simple to install solution for (6NF) iPhone Video Plugin or as widely known "Video from iPhone to CIC" solution is finally properly developed by Bimmer Retrofit Team and will be available for you shortly..

Since the first day BMW introduced Plugin functionality we were working on the easy solution for each and every one who wants to have it in their vehicle. We did not want to release anything which is not fully ready, thus it took us some time to work it out properly.

As many know the straightforward way of getting Video Plugin in your vehicle includes installation of the Combox, Base Plate and Media Snap in adapter.

Unfortunately Baseplate installation is not the easiest task as well as Media Snap in Adapter together with Baseplate cost a bit expensive, and also not everyone wish to do that much wiring in their possible even lease vehicle.

What we will offer in a very short period of time is a simple and straight forward, affordable solutions. It will be designed in two different versions: Complete Plug and Play when you only plug some cables and get all your video rolling and a little bit more complicated version where you have to do some additional wiring but will get all the parts nicely installed in your vehicle's environment.

We will also be offering complete packages which will include CIC + Combox Media or Telematics + our Video Plugin solution.

It is all coming soon at our both European and Canadian sales offices.
Stay tuned ...

More new products and solutions are comming soon!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #192
gerritg
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep

I managed to plug the correct cable in.
- The sos error is not in display anymore
- The gps location is still not updated
- Still no sound.

Could this be that I need to programm the CIC for my vin vehicle so that is has all the option acticated? The donor seems to be an 2008 E91 Touring Facelift.
Thanks

Quote:
Dear gerritg,

At the page where you purchased the PNP module, at the bottom there was a link to the Instruction manual. Please check it here:

Product page

Here is the direct link to the instruction manual for the PNP Activation module:

Instruction manual

Technic is absolutely correct - you forgot to switch the MOST plug. Once it is done you should be getting beck all missing functions such as sound, SOS, e.t.c related to the MOST ring

Regarding your CIC unit, where did you get it from ? It looks like there are plenty of CIC units which have the Sirius label on top but these are NOT US spec ones. You have to verify with the seller if the CIC you purchased is US or Euro.

Lastly regarding the language issue you have - you absolutely required to get your newly installed CIC retrofit coded for your vehicle. Otherwise I am not sure if you have all correct parameters written in to your CIC unit at present.

In case if you may require assistance or help please email us directly at: info@bimmerretrofit.com

Thank you

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #193
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerritg View Post
I managed to plug the correct cable in.
- The sos error is not in display anymore
- The gps location is still not updated
- Still no sound.

Could this be that I need to programm the CIC for my vin vehicle so that is has all the option acticated? The donor seems to be an 2008 E91 Touring Facelift.
Thanks
Yes you definatelly need to get your CIC coded. This is most probably the reason why you do not have a sound.
As I understood you purhcased your CIC from some seller. Did he warn you that for correct CIC functionality you will need retrofit coding to be done ?

GPS location not updated - this shoud not be related to coding. Do you have a map of your region loaded in the CIC ? Does your GPS antenna (blue connector) properly inserted in to the CIC ?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #194
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

CIC F-Series are in stock now
F01, F03, F10, F11
Pre-coded
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #195
tooshay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20+M3 badge

Combox telematics and 6NR retrofit package ready to go?
      06-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #196
HomieTheClown
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan Leaf

Quote:
Yes, possibly my fault is here. The production # date is within 2009...
So programming with ISTA 40 at our location only than.
Hello,

Still trying to learn about all of this. I have a 09 E90 built April 09. So it has a CIC navigation system installed. I think you guys call it a MY2009. So my question which refers to the quote above is will I have to send my unit somewhere? Can someone explain?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 02:40 AM   #197
davedd
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

what comes in the "standard set" for the e9x that cost 1850?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 08:56 AM   #198
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Now F-Series CIC available also in Chinese Language.
Japanese and Korean are to follow ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread