home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

03-16-2022, 01:18 PM   #45
Mrbig5hot
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Why would I be jealous? The same drivetrain can be found in a lighter and better looking package. But I prefer the N55, the ATW cooling system in the B58 actually is pretty terrible.

Whatever tech garbage you’re going to counter with doesn’t matter either, I just hook my IPhone up to it. AWD? I live in FL and BMWs AWD systems have never been great.

It just a ounds to me that some people base their self worth on the products they own. It’s an ugly car, this shop is going to TRY to make it ‘less ugly’ (can’t do much about that frumpy side profile and ugly rear end though)

If you like it, that’s fine. But don’t attack me personally.
You decided to come into this forum to get a reaction from us and start a controversy over the looks of the car. What your doing is childish and rude to everyone who has a m240! Keep your opinion in your own forum. You dislike the look that's fine but don't come here disputing your opinion when you don't belong here! Your not going to change anyones mind about the car. Grow up!!
Appreciate 2
SN1P3211.50
MrFoxy376.50
      03-16-2022, 03:52 PM   #46
TJZ67201
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M240i

At this point, can this thread be closed? It's unfortunate but all that's going on is shit throwing and shit smearing.

Can't wait to see what autoid (my bad)comes out with for this car tho!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 04:56 PM   #47
Beemer89
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW %E2%93%82%EF%B8%8F240I X D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJZ67201 View Post
At this point, can this thread be closed? It's unfortunate but all that's going on is shit throwing and shit smearing.

Can't wait to see what CarID comes out with for this car tho!
I agree it's getting abit messy now and took a complete turn.

But I don't think this needs to be closed as most still want to come here and appreciate Jacks Car.

I personally Think it's best All just forget the avenue this thread has gone down and remember what this post was created for i.e to show someone's new Car and for us G42 fans to be able to come and have a look and appreciate.

Autoid are most defiantly going to have some great bits and pieces available soon, what I am sure many of us will be interested in and like you I'm looking forward to seeing what's on the way for us all.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 05:45 PM   #48
Golddog
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Alfa Romeo Stelvio

Getting back on point, check out his latest.
      03-16-2022, 06:35 PM   #49
6speed_M2
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Garage List
This is a beautiful car!

I think in comparison we should look at the same model, i.e. 240i vs 240i.

In my opinion this gen 240i is miles nicer & more beautiful than the last gen (as it should be) & it's not even close. The rear end made a big improvement & the front is mesmerizing.

This is coming from a M2 owner & a previous 135i owner. Can't wait to see what the next gen M2 has in store
Appreciate 2
      03-17-2022, 08:25 AM   #50
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G42 M240i, F87 M2, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speed_M2 View Post
This is a beautiful car!

I think in comparison we should look at the same model, i.e. 240i vs 240i.

In my opinion this gen 240i is miles nicer & more beautiful than the last gen (as it should be) & it's not even close. The rear end made a big improvement & the front is mesmerizing.

This is coming from a M2 owner & a previous 135i owner. Can't wait to see what the next gen M2 has in store
We have a comparison like this in the works! Will definitely interesting to compare.

This car feels really different to the F22. It's more composed and feels like more solid machine - also heavier. The dynamics are more in line with a 3 series than a 1 series, thats to be expected given they share the same chassis. The front end is so sharp though, really enjoyable to throw into a corner. The xDrive configuration is done great - it feels safe but pushes into oversteer when provoked. The interior is a huge step on in every category, especially build quality.

The B58 is just as strong as it was in the previous M240i. Its a much better engine than the N55 in the M235i / M135i. Its got an upgraded fuel pump (TU), which is the same as in the A90 Supra. They've been tuned to 600bhp with out any additional cooling requirements, after that you can up-rate the heat exchanger for around £500. Works excellent with the ZF8. The gearbox itself has a new software this time around too which seems to add a "crack" when changing up in sports plus, its really satisfying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddog View Post
Getting back on point, check out his latest.
Thanks for sharing! Hope you're enjoying.

Currently Driving: '23 G87 M2, '22 BMW M240i xDrive, '18 F87 M2, '98 E36 318is

@AUTOID | WWW.AUTOID.CO | SALES@AUTOID.CO
Appreciate 2
6speed_M23633.50
Beemer89154.00
      03-17-2022, 09:15 AM   #51
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i x Mercedes CLS550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@AUTOID View Post
We have a comparison like this in the works! Will definitely interesting to compare.

This car feels really different to the F22. It's more composed and feels like more solid machine - also heavier. The dynamics are more in line with a 3 series than a 1 series, thats to be expected given they share the same chassis. The front end is so sharp though, really enjoyable to throw into a corner. The xDrive configuration is done great - it feels safe but pushes into oversteer when provoked. The interior is a huge step on in every category, especially build quality.

The B58 is just as strong as it was in the previous M240i. Its a much better engine than the N55 in the M235i / M135i. Its got an upgraded fuel pump (TU), which is the same as in the A90 Supra. They've been tuned to 600bhp with out any additional cooling requirements, after that you can up-rate the heat exchanger for around £500. Works excellent with the ZF8. The gearbox itself has a new software this time around too which seems to add a "crack" when changing up in sports plus, its really satisfying.

Thanks for sharing! Hope you're enjoying.
I enjoyed your video! I was a little nervous about doing the paddle shifter install with the wheel still on. However you showed how easy it really is and just making sure you don't loose the spring is the only worry. Need to order some soon!

Thanks! Looking forward to your content and products!
'22 M240i BSM, Shadowline, Black 791M wheels, Red Calipers, ///M Carbon Front Lip, ///M Carbon Spoiler, ///MCarbon Door Sills, Milltek Catback w/Black Tips, Dinan Carbon Intake/Engine Cover, AA Catted DP, Dalher Valve Controller, OEM+ Strut Bar, Red Start/Stop, Floating center caps, TLG Mud Flaps, Black Badges, Led Projectors, 50th Emblems, Carbon Diffuser/Mirrors w/smoke signals/Side Wings/Cooling Shroud/KIES fire extinguisher, Yellow DRL
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 10:12 AM   #52
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudumonkey25 View Post
I enjoyed your video! I was a little nervous about doing the paddle shifter install with the wheel still on. However you showed how easy it really is and just making sure you don't loose the spring is the only worry. Need to order some soon!

Thanks! Looking forward to your content and products!
Thanks man! We did have a little laugh about me drop the screw just as I said not to.... but yeah its an easy mod that makes a big difference - its a tactile mod!

We've got stock if you're interested in grabbing a set.

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 01:45 PM   #53
Winrya
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i G42

Quote:
Thanks man! We did have a little laugh about me drop the screw just as I said not to.... but yeah its an easy mod that makes a big difference - its a tactile mod!

We've got stock if you're interested in grabbing a set.
Jack, does yours have the lights in the exterior door handles ? Configurator seems to suggest they comfort pack and noticed you didn’t spec it?

Also, do you have the £300 m performance option for additional cooling? Anyone yet have any idea yet what it actually includes? It’s only actually £100 on a pcp as the option adds £200 to the future value so I’ve ticked it anyway 😂
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2022, 02:04 PM   #54
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Those carbon seat-backs are beautiful, but literally no one will ever see them.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 03:12 PM   #55
JAH9109
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: too many

Excited to see what you guys do with a front lip and exhaust tips! Enjoy!
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2022, 03:30 PM   #56
MrLatte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Saw this car on Sunday morning, i wasnt a fan until I saw it in the flesh. It was parked next to an f22 m2 cs with gold wheels and held its own.

Good luck with the car Jack, your responsible for me looking at the uk stock for a 240i to sit along with my Z4

Appreciate 3
      03-17-2022, 05:20 PM   #57
Roadwar
Old Grumpy Guy
Rep
Drives: M240i xDrive

Quote:
You’re entitled to your opinion, even if it’s outrageous. But most people don’t agree with you, and I don’t agree with you.

Have fun with the BMW BRZ
Glad to know you're in charge of polling who likes and dislikes whatever on this site. Didn't your momma ever tell you" If you can't say something nice keep your trap shut."? Take a hike.

gone: beloved '74 Mazda RX-3, various V8 Camaros and V8 Mustangs, various other Mazdas including a '10 Mazdaspeed 3, several late model Dodge Chargers including a 6.4 liter R/T. There were others along the way but I didn't love them much.

Last edited by Roadwar; 03-17-2022 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 1
P_Chris153.50
      03-18-2022, 07:52 AM   #58
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i. G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbig5hot View Post
Quote:
Why would I be jealous? The same drivetrain can be found in a lighter and better looking package. But I prefer the N55, the ATW cooling system in the B58 actually is pretty terrible.

Whatever tech garbage you're going to counter with doesn't matter either, I just hook my IPhone up to it. AWD? I live in FL and BMWs AWD systems have never been great.

It just a ounds to me that some people base their self worth on the products they own. It's an ugly car, this shop is going to TRY to make it 'less ugly' (can't do much about that frumpy side profile and ugly rear end though)

If you like it, that's fine. But don't attack me personally.
You decided to come into this forum to get a reaction from us and start a controversy over the looks of the car. What your doing is childish and rude to everyone who has a m240! Keep your opinion in your own forum. You dislike the look that's fine but don't come here disputing your opinion when you don't belong here! Your not going to change anyones mind about the car. Grow up!!
Well said mate, guys like this will be an arsehole with everything. Can't help themselves.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 09:39 AM   #59
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winrya View Post
Jack, does yours have the lights in the exterior door handles ? Configurator seems to suggest they comfort pack and noticed you didn’t spec it?

Also, do you have the £300 m performance option for additional cooling? Anyone yet have any idea yet what it actually includes? It’s only actually £100 on a pcp as the option adds £200 to the future value so I’ve ticked it anyway 😂
Yeah we do have the lights inside the handles, just checked - I can't remember if they activate at night though. Will confirm.

I did go for that pack, seemed like a no brainer. What the actual difference is not clear, this is what BMW say:
"The increased heat capacity of the braking and cooling systems guarantee a long-lasting high performance under extreme driving conditions (similar to motorsport) (especially in conjunction with high outside temperatures). The M Technology Pack includes upgrades for the drive train cooling system and the M Sport brakes. Also features vehicle-specific high performance tyres on exclusive rims in a wide design as well as wheel arch extensions in the body colour."

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 10:02 AM   #60
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLatte View Post
Saw this car on Sunday morning, i wasnt a fan until I saw it in the flesh. It was parked next to an f22 m2 cs with gold wheels and held its own.

Good luck with the car Jack, your responsible for me looking at the uk stock for a 240i to sit along with my Z4

Thanks for the kind words bud! Should have said hello.

Agreed, the more I see it each day, the more I love it. They do look great - also like nothing else on the road!

Appreciate 1
MrFoxy376.50
      03-18-2022, 10:04 AM   #61
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post
Those carbon seat-backs are beautiful, but literally no one will ever see them.
I know, we did just say that at work. However its a lovely touch when you're driving and need to check the opposite mirror. Or if you need to put stuff in the back, looks great. One of my favourite mods so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAH9109 View Post
Excited to see what you guys do with a front lip and exhaust tips! Enjoy!
Appreciate that! Do you have any requests?

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 04:32 AM   #62
LA2912
Private
Rep
Drives: On Order: BG G42 M240i xdrive

Are you guys planning on doing anything with spacers? I've seen there's a few sets on your site and interested to see what they look like on the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 11:40 AM   #63
Winrya
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winrya View Post

Cheers jack. Just placed my order. Due end of July
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 12:08 PM   #64
Ravenseal
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 6MT

Quote:
I know, we did just say that at work. However its a lovely touch when you're driving and need to check the opposite mirror. Or if you need to put stuff in the back, looks great. One of my favourite mods so far.

Appreciate that! Do you have any requests?
Are you guys going to be testing wheel & tire fitment? Because there's a complete lack of information right now. It would be amazing if you could test fit different combinations of wheels and tires to let us know what works and what doesn't!

Retired: 2022 M240i xDrive | 2021 Audi RS5 | 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT | 2016 428i GC | 2011 BMW 335is
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 12:53 PM   #65
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFoxy View Post
Well said mate, guys like this will be an arsehole with everything. Can't help themselves.
Don't understand the animosity.

BMW is designing polarizing cars since a while. I'am completely in love with this G42, but I understand that others may feel offended by it. Instead of being indifferent, BMW fans might want to ventilate their aversion.

Since a car is just an object, why does this immediately translate into personal attacks? It's not that anybody here personally designed this car isn't it?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 01:45 PM   #66
Fredward20
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
Don't understand the animosity.

BMW is designing polarizing cars since a while. I'am completely in love with this G42, but I understand that others may feel offended by it. Instead of being indifferent, BMW fans might want to ventilate their aversion.

Since a car is just an object, why does this immediately translate into personal attacks? It's not that anybody here personally designed this car isn't it?
I don’t think calling the car a BRZ in an insulting manner and telling owners to “Enjoy their BRZ” and also suggesting that the shop who made this post is just going to make cheap crap for it, can be considered “just sharing your opinion and not personal attacks”. It’s one thing to say you don’t like the looks or constructively critique them, but that’s not what happened here, so let’s not play like it is.
Appreciate 3
H2O_Doc511.50
MrFoxy376.50
has_ak36.50