E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Persisting electrical issues

08-21-2024, 11:58 AM   #1
e90sabr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Xdrive

A few weeks ago I hit a bump driving on a road in jersey. Since then I've been having some persisting electrical issues such as, long crank to start, rough idling Significantly reduced power and reduced fuel economy, no oil level sensor function. I have the codes P0458, P0335, and P116E. For some time I had a P16A9 code show up as well. I was told by our resident electrical wizard George to make a new thread about this topic. Since then I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor, the fuel tank vent valve, DMTL pump, and have checked the DME connections as well as the fuse panel in the glove box. Fuse 11 controls all of these electronics and it seems that it keeps blowing even when replaced. I checked my ground straps as well and they seem OK. I used BMW WDS to check the DME connections as well as the fuse panel connections everything seems to be getting power accordingly. Very confused and not sure what I can do to just fix the car, if anyone can recommend something please advise because I would like to not ask the stealership for help. I used my friend’s multimeter to test the fuse panel/DME connections. All wires seem intact and healthy. Will post pictures if that helps.

2011 328i Xdrive (6/10 manf. date)
VIN: A771958
Software I have: INPA with DCAN cable
(Mike’s easy tools)
gbalthrop
Attached Images

Last edited by e90sabr; 08-22-2024 at 08:08 AM..
Appreciate 0