BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

05-02-2022, 02:01 PM   #1
LeidG42
Rep
Drives: g42

What does VPC do/mean?

Hey gang, I'm so excited that my PB M240i is at the CA port and was expecting to get the car by the end of this week. But I called the genius today and they told me that the can will go through the VPC first. The eta for releasing the car from VPC will be May 6 while the car is expected to arrive dealer in WA at May 11.

I'm wondering if this is normal? Never heard about VPC before and thought it wouldn't take that long from port to dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 02:03 PM   #2
Golddog
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Alfa Romeo Stelvio

Vehicle Processing Center

Read it could be 7-10 days at VPC.
      05-02-2022, 02:05 PM   #3
LeidG42
Rep
Drives: g42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddog View Post
Vehicle Processing Center
Yea, thx mate. Just wondering what they will do to the car at VPC?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 02:13 PM   #4
IndyMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 VO 1 M/22 G42 Thundernight

It's a crapshoot as to how long it can remain there before being released for transport to the ordering dealer or pickup center.

Delays could be for any myriad of reasons from issues clearing Customs; to damage correction; or awaiting missing parts; or install any port added accessories that were part of the delivery order.

I've had cars released within a week, and another took almost a month due to some kind of Customs issue. It's the last point of concern and potential frustration for many.

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 1
jbazz256.50
      05-02-2022, 02:19 PM   #5
emcee1011
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

M240i shouldn't have any customs issues if you are ordering from the US though, or am I wrong?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 02:20 PM   #6
oldbmwtech
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
It's a crapshoot as to how long it can remain there before being released for transport to the ordering dealer or pickup center.

Delays could be for any myriad of reasons from issues clearing Customs; to damage correction; or awaiting missing parts; or install any port added accessories that were part of the delivery order.
I am still waiting on my car that was damaged at the VDC. Was supposed to be delivered to dealer on 4-4. The thrill is gone for me and not sure I will except this vehicle depending on damage and what BMW is going to do to accommodate me. Has anyone had this happen and what was the outcome?
This is only my opinion as I'm a retired professional ASE master grease monkey technician, now instructor. Your best teacher is your last mistake. Use what I post at your own risk as you know teachers only know book knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 02:51 PM   #7
IndyMike
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee1011 View Post
M240i shouldn't have any customs issues if you are ordering from the US though, or am I wrong?
Previous cars came from Germany, so I have no idea why Customs would be so difficult to get a pass from.

Since these cars are coming from Mexico I suppose they could have issues with contraband being found by drug sniffing Chihuahua's in the upholstery or fenders/quarter panels. Might take them a month just to put all of the pieces back together again.

Just kidding.......I think.

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 03:00 PM   #8
IndyMike
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbmwtech View Post
I am still waiting on my car that was damaged at the VDC. Was supposed to be delivered to dealer on 4-4. The thrill is gone for me and not sure I will except this vehicle depending on damage and what BMW is going to do to accommodate me. Has anyone had this happen and what was the outcome?
Ugh. Sorry to hear about your tale of woe. I know it's agonizing to have come this far and taken this long, but I would be in the camp that would request another car. You could be married to this vehicle for quite a while, and you don't want to have any regrets that could hinder the experience. Unless you just plan to lease it and flip it in three to four years anyway.

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 08:05 PM   #9
oldbmwtech
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
Ugh. Sorry to hear about your tale of woe. I know it's agonizing to have come this far and taken this long, but I would be in the camp that would request another car. You could be married to this vehicle for quite a while, and you don't want to have any regrets that could hinder the experience. Unless you just plan to lease it and flip it in three to four years anyway.
I was going to order another car but it would be a 23 and I don't want the iDrive8, if they can make it due to the war. It might be a 24 or 25.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2022, 05:07 PM   #10
hutchsoclutch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i XDrive

Shoot... ACC is the one thing I thought I didn't want when I got my 2020 Giulia and boy was that a mistake. This time around I couldn't get it! Also opted out of the $500 wireless charging pad. YIKES BMW since when did a coil of wire cost that much??
Appreciate 0