E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Coolant Flush

12-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
SeriousE92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Coolant Flush

Has anyone had a coolant flush done locally? Pricing? I've called around to several dealers and they all want to flush the radiator with a machine vs. doing a drain and fill.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
muzzammil15
Slurpee anyone?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 White 335i

If its done by machine, most likely who ever does it will do a complete flush, meaning the radiator and the motor as well. Just draining your radiator is not considered "coolant flush".
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
SeriousE92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzammil15 View Post
If its done by machine, most likely who ever does it will do a complete flush, meaning the radiator and the motor as well. Just draining your radiator is not considered "coolant flush".
I understand that a drain and fill is not a flush. I am looking for feedback on a radiator flush with a machine vs. doing a drain and fill.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
muzzammil15
Slurpee anyone?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 White 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousE92 View Post
I understand that a drain and fill is not a flush. I am looking for feedback on a radiator flush with a machine vs. doing a drain and fill.
I have done both, drain and machine flush on my pervious car. By just draining the radiator you will only drain the coolant in the radiator, and after adding the new coolant you will end up mixing the old coolant which is still in your motor with the new coolant. As long as you use the same type of coolant I do not see anything bad happening, but it defeats the purpose of changing the coolant. With the machine you will be able to clean out the coolant in the entire system. When I had this done, i was surprised how much dirt and discolored coolant came out. Doing a coolant flush with the machine > drain.
Appreciate 0