bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior, Interior, Lighting)

03-05-2023, 06:53 PM   #1
Coconut
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i xDrive

IND Painted Front Reflector Set Review

The G42 comes with amber front reflectors in some regions, unfortunately the US is one of those region. You can easily just vinyl wrap your reflectors but the color match may be hit or miss and finish-wise it won't be as good as painted obviously. Really glad IND offers these painted set as this is a perfect solution for those wanting to get rid of the amber reflectors.

https://ind-distribution.com/product...-reflector-set

INSTALLATION: EASY
There's a few DIY Youtube videos out there so I won't go into much detail about it. From the factory, the reflectors are held in by a perimeter of double-sided tape. You basically unbolt x3 10mm fender liner bolts to allow that extra bit of clearance to reach around the backside of the reflector. Overall quite easy if using a heatgun or hair dryer to soften up the adhesive however I had PPF on the front bumper so I opted not to use heat so I don't risk wrinkling the PPF. A bit harder to do but I used a nylon pry tool/spatula to work around the perimeter and it came off without an issue. Peel off the tape reside from the bumper, clean with 50% iso-alcohol then apply the new painted reflectors.

QUALITY: 10/10
IND sources OEM reflectors so the fitment is perfect. The Brooklyn Metallic Grey paint match was perfect, even down to the slightly blue metallic flake. No runs or fisheyes in the paint. It's nice that they apply Adams Sealant as standard and you have option for Ceramic Pro 9H ($25) which I opted for. The paint quality actually looks better than factory.

PRICE: 8/10
At $140 for the set I think it's very well priced. A little on the high side for what essentially is a painted part however the quality justifies the price IMO.

03-07-2023, 03:09 PM   #2
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Thank you!