BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

03-21-2024, 09:11 AM   #331
Murp
Rep
Drives: '24 M2, '24 RS3, '23 CX-50

Finally picked up the M2 as well! Nice to see everyone in this thread getting their cars in at the same time haha
Attached Images

Appreciate 11
M2siast5947.50
JMcLellan2082.50
xtougher602.50
digital12.00
MASHCT673.00
Lost2337.00
chris7197363.50
BMR.WRLD276.00
      03-21-2024, 09:41 AM   #332
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveRider View Post
Finally picked her up!!
Congrats!! Looks great in that frozen color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
Congrats!! Wow, you don't really realize that the cheeks/shoulders body line actually starts under the mirrors on these cars until you see these frozen colors. If you want to see all the curves these cars have the frozen colors are the way to go.

Congrats on that beautiful car! And bring on the crappy cell phone pics. That's all I have been doing on here since I got mine in January.
Yeah, it really does accentuate the lines!

And yes, I'm all for the cell phone pics (it's all I've got)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murp View Post
Finally picked up the M2 as well! Nice to see everyone in this thread getting their cars in at the same time haha
Absolutely! And congrats!!

Great color choice, by the way!!
Appreciate 2
Ronin76843.50
Murp24.00
      03-21-2024, 12:51 PM   #333
WaveRider
Rep
Drives: Jeep Gladiator, BMW X2, BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyDad View Post
My twin! Congrats, sir.
Congratulations to you too! I love the frozen color. I like that you can see hues of purple in the right light and the pronunciation of the curves and lines with the satin paint. How are you liking it?

She feels as "big" as my previous '21 M4 but snappier, if that makes sense. I absolutely love it.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 05:01 PM   #334
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep

I knew going in that the climate control stuff was on the screen, so it was going to take some getting used to.

But in the last 8.5 years of owning my F30 340i, the thing related to the A/C that I used the most (by FAR) is this wheel with the red & blue. 80-90% of the time, adjusting just this wheel was enough to not have to touch anything else for my liking. And it was super quick & easy.

I wish it still had that wheel. Now, I actually have to touch the screen to adjust the temperature up and down each time since we have large temp swings, and keeping it the same doesn't usually work even on different trips in the car on the same day.

The sacrifices I have to make...

LOL

I'm sure it's not a big deal to many, but still sucks to be missing that wheel after having it before.
Attached Images

Last edited by xtougher; 03-21-2024 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 4
JMcLellan2082.50
M2siast5947.50
chris7197363.50
wjones14664.00
      03-21-2024, 05:17 PM   #335
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtougher View Post
I knew going in that the climate control stuff was on the screen, so it was going to take some getting used to.

But in the last 8.5 years of owning my F30 340i, the thing related to the A/C that I used the most (by FAR) is this wheel with the red & blue. 80-90% of the time, adjusting just this wheel was enough to not have to touch anything else for my liking. And it was super quick & easy.

I wish it still had that wheel. Now, I actually have to touch the screen to adjust the temperature up and down each time since we have large temp swings, and keeping it the same doesn't usually work even on different trips in the car on the same day.

The sacrifices I have to make...

LOL

I'm sure it's not a big deal to many, but still sucks to be missing that wheel after having it before.
Aahhh, something that I wouldn't even get to experience yet until it actually gets warm here. I think you may be also to do the "Hello BMW" voice command stuff and control temps and turn a/c on and off.

Where you at on the change management curve with the Apple Carplay??
      03-21-2024, 05:30 PM   #336
HockeyDad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche GT4, 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveRider View Post
Congratulations to you too! I love the frozen color. I like that you can see hues of purple in the right light and the pronunciation of the curves and lines with the satin paint. How are you liking it?

She feels as "big" as my previous '21 M4 but snappier, if that makes sense. I absolutely love it.
I love the frozen finish. My wife, not so much. I literally drove home from the dealership last night, then delivered it for PPF first thing this morning. So, not a lot of time with it. It’s funny, I’ve talked friends out of matte finishes for years, but I was sold when I saw RBR’s delivery of frozen Portimao blue M2 last December. I fell in love with the color the moment I saw that video.

You and I just may be the only FPB G87s in the entire state, if not the entire southwest!
Appreciate 1
Ronin76843.50
      03-21-2024, 06:01 PM   #337
WaveRider
Rep
Drives: Jeep Gladiator, BMW X2, BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyDad View Post
I love the frozen finish. My wife, not so much. I literally drove home from the dealership last night, then delivered it for PPF first thing this morning. So, not a lot of time with it. It’s funny, I’ve talked friends out of matte finishes for years, but I was sold when I saw RBR’s delivery of frozen Portimao blue M2 last December. I fell in love with the color the moment I saw that video.

You and I just may be the only FPB G87s in the entire state, if not the entire southwest!
Agreed! I fell in love with it when I saw his review in December. It solidified I made the right call on the color. I spoke with my CA about it yesterday and he confirmed I have the only FPB in Houston. So I wouldn't doubt that we may be the only ones in the state.

I'm taking mine in for PPF on Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 09:06 PM   #338
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Aahhh, something that I wouldn't even get to experience yet until it actually gets warm here. I think you may be also to do the "Hello BMW" voice command stuff and control temps and turn a/c on and off.

Where you at on the change management curve with the Apple Carplay??
Ah, I definitely have to be a bit intentional about trying some more of the voice commands and stuff for sure.

But yeah, the Carplay is kinda nice. It took a few trips using Carplay to realize I can have different "arrangement"s instead of just having Waze up filling the entire screen.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 07:21 AM   #339
abrandonment
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Watch some videos on carplay and id8. I work in mobile so I know carplay and android auto exceptionally well, still learning id8.

Agree though, digital or not the rotary style temp would be nice.

At least they left us the volume knob.
Appreciate 1
xtougher602.50
      03-22-2024, 09:58 AM   #340
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandonment View Post
Watch some videos on carplay and id8. I work in mobile so I know carplay and android auto exceptionally well, still learning id8.

Agree though, digital or not the rotary style temp would be nice.

At least they left us the volume knob.
That's great advice. I will look into the videos for sure, since I don't even really know what I don't know.

The volume knob is a no brainer...hitting a screen or something for volume would be pretty user-UNfriendly.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 10:16 AM   #341
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's great advice. I will look into the videos for sure, since I don't even really know what I don't know.

The volume knob is a no brainer...hitting a screen or something for volume would be pretty user-UNfriendly.
There are voice commands for turning the volume up and down

If you ever want to hear me rant on the worst infotainment, HVAC controls, etc vehicle ever ask me about my wife's Lexus GX460.......we have it soooo much better with our BMW's.
      03-22-2024, 04:55 PM   #342
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
There are voice commands for turning the volume up and down

If you ever want to hear me rant on the worst infotainment, HVAC controls, etc vehicle ever ask me about my wife's Lexus GX460.......we have it soooo much better with our BMW's.
LOL

Good to know! I am definitely thinking it's a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, but still...just whining.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 05:03 PM   #343
toprarnen
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS350

Inside BMW HQ:
"If we make the tactile controls so crappy, they'll be forced to use our voice commands"
"Brilliant!"
"Data mining made easy"
*Rubs hands together*
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 05:12 PM   #344
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toprarnen View Post
Inside BMW HQ:
"If we make the tactile controls so crappy, they'll be forced to use our voice commands"
"Brilliant!"
"Data mining made easy"
*Rubs hands together*
LOL

How could we use this to our (buyer's) advantage??
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 05:14 PM   #345
toprarnen
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS350

Quote:
LOL

How could we use this to our (buyer's) advantage??
Probably selling their data mining to the highest bidder
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 01:33 PM   #346
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep

Another thing I now notice: headlights move when you turn the wheel?

Just hadn't seen that discussed, so it was a surprise. Or maybe it's a common feature now, but the car I came from was old enough NOT to have it?

Interesting though. But I can't help but wonder if this is one of those "just another thing to break" type of things.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 01:36 PM   #347
M2siast
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:

Just hadn't seen that discussed, so it was a surprise. Or maybe it's a common feature now, but the car I came from was old enough NOT to have it?

Interesting though. But I can't help but wonder if this is one of those "just another thing to break" type of things.
This isn’t a thing we discuss because it’s standard in BMWs for over 15 years now…
It won’t break, don’t worry.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 01:39 PM   #348
BroDoze
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stuff

Not standard in the US. ^^

Which is a bit ridiculous, actually. Most Subarus come with steering-responsive headlights now.
      03-24-2024, 03:33 PM   #349
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

My 2019 M240i did not have this. I think it's pretty sweet in the M2 and helpful for night driving on smaller roads with tight turns. I'm interested in getting the Bimmercode app and doing the anti dazzle coding among other things.
      03-25-2024, 07:11 AM   #350
wjones14
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:

You ordered the car with the Lighting Package. Not sure how it's a surprise you got headlights that turn with the car. Without the package, you don't get this feature. According to the BMWUSA website, this is what you get:

"Lighting Package
$650
Don’t just illuminate the road - enhance your nighttime driving confidence. Daylight-like full LED headlights turn to follow the curves in the road ahead, helping to reveal any roadside surprises around the bend.

Adaptive Full LED Lights
LED headlights make everything on and along the road easier to see, helping to reduce eye fatigue - especially on long drives. LED technology is used for both high and low beams. This technology is combined with the Adaptive feature: at speeds up to 35 mph, the headlights swivel to follow bends in the road, based on your steering wheel motion and other metrics.

Automatic High Beams
Driving at night is easier than ever when your BMW is equipped with Automatic high beams. A camera sensor in the rear-view mirror registers vehicles in front of you, oncoming traffic and the quality of road light, and automatically switches between high or low beams, as needed. This adds to your comfort by not only maximizing visibility, but also eliminating the need to dim the lights manually."
      03-25-2024, 02:11 PM   #351
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
My 2019 M240i did not have this. I think it's pretty sweet in the M2 and helpful for night driving on smaller roads with tight turns. I'm interested in getting the Bimmercode app and doing the anti dazzle coding among other things.
I can definitely see it being nice, even just driving in the neighborhood at night. Anti dazzle is on my list to explore as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
You ordered the car with the Lighting Package. Not sure how it's a surprise you got headlights that turn with the car. Without the package, you don't get this feature. According to the BMWUSA website, this is what you get:

"Lighting Package
$650
Don’t just illuminate the road - enhance your nighttime driving confidence. Daylight-like full LED headlights turn to follow the curves in the road ahead, helping to reveal any roadside surprises around the bend.

Adaptive Full LED Lights
LED headlights make everything on and along the road easier to see, helping to reduce eye fatigue - especially on long drives. LED technology is used for both high and low beams. This technology is combined with the Adaptive feature: at speeds up to 35 mph, the headlights swivel to follow bends in the road, based on your steering wheel motion and other metrics.

Automatic High Beams
Driving at night is easier than ever when your BMW is equipped with Automatic high beams. A camera sensor in the rear-view mirror registers vehicles in front of you, oncoming traffic and the quality of road light, and automatically switches between high or low beams, as needed. This adds to your comfort by not only maximizing visibility, but also eliminating the need to dim the lights manually."
Yup, of course I remember everything you copied EXCEPT that first part...I guess I just didn't really have that sink in or stick in my brain at all.

Thanks for that confirmation.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2024, 03:23 PM   #352
abrandonment
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

I paid for the lights without knowing the rotation was tied to it. 🤷
Appreciate 1
xtougher602.50