BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

05-22-2023, 11:12 AM   #1
HardBoiled
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i (E92 M3 sold)

Toe out?

Anyone play with their alignment? Front camber not adjustable out of the box, which is lame but I’ve seen online this car is fairly toe in front and rear. Wonder if anyone has gone toe out and how much? I feel might make this car pretty playful. As stock feels like the toe in was added for stability at super high speeds to counteract the quickness of the steering. But there’s no autobahn where I live so I favor turn in response and driftiness. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
Sonic RR129.00
      05-23-2023, 08:14 AM   #2
oldbmwtech
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardBoiled View Post
Anyone play with their alignment? Front camber not adjustable out of the box, which is lame but I’ve seen online this car is fairly toe in front and rear. Wonder if anyone has gone toe out and how much? I feel might make this car pretty playful. As stock feels like the toe in was added for stability at super high speeds to counteract the quickness of the steering. But there’s no autobahn where I live so I favor turn in response and driftiness. Thanks!
I have camber kits and when I track it I adjust toe to 0 or a bit toe out. Yes, this helps and of course you get some tire wear but who cares if you are tracking. Tires and brakes wear and are consumables. Expensive hobby. For street use keep alignment stock or 0 toe. I'm talking about the front. The rear I have kept stock.
This is only my opinion as I'm a retired professional ASE master grease monkey technician, now instructor. Your best teacher is your last mistake. Use what I post at your own risk as you know teachers only know book knowledge.
Appreciate 0