E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Hawaii > Angle senor and Actuator problems

07-01-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
ziggy55
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i E90

Angle senor and Actuator problems

Just my luck... a few problems have occurred with my 06 330i E90. First off I've been getting multiply check engine lights thrown at me because of a faulty Steering angle sensor. The second problem occurred today, my passenger door lock isn't responding via the remote or interior central locking button, possibly due to a faulty door actuator. Quick question did anyone experience these problems and how much did the repair/s cost, also where would be a decent place to get these problems fixed? Just wanted to hear some opinions and any advice would be great.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
hawnhanx
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Red Hussy

Hi Ziggy55..
You are not the only person with door lock problems. I have an '06 330i also. A couple of weeks ago, all my doors wouldn't open with the key fob. Had to open the driver side with the mechanical key that's inside the fob. After searching this forum, I discovered that this is a common problem with all E90s and it's been a problem for years.. and BMW knows it. I found out that a simple solution is to change the blown #57, 15amp fuse that's located behind the glove compartment with a 20amp fuse.

Sounds simple until you try to find a good position for your body to do the work. Because all the doors won't open, I had to lay across the center console and try to reach into the glove compartment, then into the junction fuse box.

But once that was done (took me about an hour to change one fuse), all my doors worked perfectly. Hope this helps a little. Sorry if it doesn't, because if your warranty is expired. It will cost "big time."

"That's my story and I'm sticking to it!" ~hank
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #3
ziggy55
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i E90

^ Hey thanks for the input Hank, yup I came across a few threads on these forums about the fuses. I did switch #56 and #57 with 20 amp fuses with no results So i'm betting its the actuator. I guess I'm gunna have to pay the piper, o wellz.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
hawnhanx
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Red Hussy

I know how you feel. It sucks.
Last night my doors did it again. We may be standing in the same line for repairs... lol.
I know it's nothing to laugh about. I'm just trying to stay cool.
Anyway.. Good luck to you.

~hank
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
IntegraXTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY08 E92 M3 and MY15 F80 M3

Hey Zack, sorry to hear about your car!

maybe try this?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520467

also there's another "fix" where you hafta turn the wheel while turning on the car etcetc.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0