E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 15mm spacers rubbing on front

03-27-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
Mark e90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

E90 15mm spacers rubbing on front

Anyone else getting rubbing from the front with 15mm spacers on MV3 alloys ?

Im getting it but only when going over dips on the road and strangely only comes from the drivers side. At first i though it was just a drain or grate in the road its just a quick clatter from the drivers side front.

I had a look around the wheel well to make sure its all ok and nothing hanging or sitting out of place but all seems to be fine, maybe it could just be the extra weight on that side due to the driver...... ???
      03-27-2017, 03:59 PM   #2
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

The weight of the driver will effect that side slightly but I'd consider getting the alignment checked firstly to make sure there's no issues.

Also could just be that the 15mm spacers are just too aggressive.
      03-28-2017, 01:49 AM   #3
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
Rubbing at the front is unusual. Best remove the wheel and have a good look around the wheelarch. It could be rubbing on the wheelarch liner...
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 02:02 AM   #4
n55jb4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi 2007 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark e90 View Post
Anyone else getting rubbing from the front with 15mm spacers on MV3 alloys ?

Im getting it but only when going over dips on the road and strangely only comes from the drivers side. At first i though it was just a drain or grate in the road its just a quick clatter from the drivers side front.

I had a look around the wheel well to make sure its all ok and nothing hanging or sitting out of place but all seems to be fine, maybe it could just be the extra weight on that side due to the driver...... ???
Not normal man. I have 15mm front and I'm going to get low on coilovers to tuck tire in and I don't forsee any rubbing. With stock suspension you should NOT rub even with 30mm spacers - check wheel arch - there's something going on for sure
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 06:29 AM   #5
Mark e90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Got it up and had a good look around the wheel well but nothing seems out of place. So I just removed the spacers from the front for now. I still need to drive the car and make sure the noise has gone. As I said it was only when hitting dips or pot holes on the road I could here it, not a constant rubbing noise just a short blip.

I may fit smaller spacers on but to be honest it looks fine with only 15mm at the back, looks more even actually as the fronts definitely sit flusher from factory.