E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Multiple dash warning lights

06-14-2017, 05:51 AM   #1
Adam1990
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330I

Multiple dash warning lights

As you can see from the photo the dash is like a Christmas tree

It started of off with the normal e90 abs /wheel speed sensor lights on which when plugged in showed the steering angle sensor needed recalibrating, which was done and kept the lights away for 2 weeks.

So last week the abs lights came back on and was plugged in again and showed a fault with the rear wheel speed sensor, so the fault was cleared to see what would happen...... But as of Sunday its been error message central now.

So any ideas what the cause could be?

Battery has been checked and showed to be fine so the car will be going on the ramps on Saturday to check abs sensors and reluctor ring as these are probably the cause for the abs faults, but that doesn't explain the airbag lights.

any ideas welcome.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 06:00 AM   #2
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1990 View Post

As you can see from the photo the dash is like a Christmas tree

It started of off with the normal e90 abs /wheel speed sensor lights on which when plugged in showed the steering angle sensor needed recalibrating, which was done and kept the lights away for 2 weeks.

So last week the abs lights came back on and was plugged in again and showed a fault with the rear wheel speed sensor, so the fault was cleared to see what would happen...... But as of Sunday its been error message central now.

So any ideas what the cause could be?

Battery has been checked and showed to be fine so the car will be going on the ramps on Saturday to check abs sensors and reluctor ring as these are probably the cause for the abs faults, but that doesn't explain the airbag lights.

any ideas welcome.
May well be a bad wheel speed sensor mate which is what the DSC uses to monitor the car.

Try recalibrating the flat tyre monitor and checking your tyre pressures.
I've had FTM go off and trigger ABS, DSC and hill start assist warnings when the alignment was out after changing control arms. Might be worth getting the alignment done if it's been a while to see if that sorts it.
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #3
hp88
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

I had the same lights appear on mine when the ABS Pump failed. Did your scan pick up the E20/24 fault code?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 06:07 AM   #4
Adam1990
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Im not sure on the actual code numbers it came up with but I will have to have a proper look at the actual codes when I gets looked at on Saturday.

I guess the first thing to do is replace the wheel speed sensors to rule the cheap part out and then an alignment wouldn't be a bad idea as its in getting 4 new tyres fitted today any way.

Was there any other symptoms when your abs pump went?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 01:20 PM   #5
hp88
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1990 View Post
Im not sure on the actual code numbers it came up with but I will have to have a proper look at the actual codes when I gets looked at on Saturday.

I guess the first thing to do is replace the wheel speed sensors to rule the cheap part out and then an alignment wouldn't be a bad idea as its in getting 4 new tyres fitted today any way.

Was there any other symptoms when your abs pump went?
Cruise control will stop working as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 05:46 PM   #6
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp88 View Post
Cruise control will stop working as well.
That'll be because it can't trust the wheel speed sensor to be correct and doesn't let you use it with dsc not in full operation.

First step is always clear down codes and see what persists.

Whatever you keep getting codes for you'll have to consider replacing.

Best to try replacing cheaper parts first if you can.

This post makes any abs sensors or ABS pump look a good place to consider but it depends on your codes.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1393134
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 01:10 PM   #7
Adam1990
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Finally got the car back today, turns out it was 1 rear sensor which had failed and one front which was intermittent.

Both changed and now working perfectly find thankfully.
Appreciate 0