E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Electric Driver Seat Adjustment

10-07-2024, 07:18 PM   #1
GAB121442
BMW Newbie
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Convertible

Electric Driver Seat Adjustment

Hello Folks. I have just migrated from a 1962 Triumph TR3B and 1974 TR6 to a 2012 328i convertible. So you get my drift. With all of the electric doodads, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I am going thru the owners manual item by item and have one question, so far. All of the electric adjustment features for the driver seat work fine, with one exception. The raising/lowering feature does not work. On the same button, the front/back adjustment works fine. So, is this a fuse problem, a switch problem, or a burnt-out motor problem? I have driven the car a few weeks, and really like the rain-sensor wipers and the "Auto" climate control button. And I wish there were a way to lock the doors before getting out of the car so that I don't have to use the key fob after I close the door. I tried the lock button on the dashboard, to no avail. ALL INPUT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. (I am NOT dumb, and my parents WERE married.) Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2024, 02:16 AM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e81

1. the seat adjustment switch probably damaged
the motors and seat module can be tested using bmw software at indy shop
2. to get some door convenience you have to choose model with comfort access option
that allow you to lock car after closing the door and touching door handle for a half of the second