03-30-2023, 06:53 PM   #1365
deneed4spd
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 OG<E90 328i<E36 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
Based on your comments and bad mouthing BMW, why did you ever consider buying one and why are you posting here? Seems a little trollish...didnt get your allocation in the first two months so now the cars are crap and its all about a general motors car (and not even the CT5).
Maybe some people won’t ever bad talk a m2? They sure down talk a caddy because it’s a caddy. Never driven one, never probably seen one but it’s ok to trash something that almost all reviews have stated is an amazing car and it beats a bmw m3 hands down. Just google hagarty bmw m5 CS vs blackwing. I owned bmws for 20 yrs. They were great and some still are. I enjoy my x5. But I also think bmw has gotten taken over more by bean counters who want 0-60 times rather than build a enthusiast car. I’m sure it’s fine with 99 percent of folks driving. I just flipped because I wanted to drive the last great gas sports sedan with great driver engagemwnt. After my caddy falls apart, I’ll probably not buy another one because initial quality on them suck. But in reality who keeps cars more than 10 yrs? Not many. My bmws are way ahead in sheet metal lining up and all things working initially very well. I can’t say that about caddy. But from a pure driving enthusiast standpoint, caddy is doing something bmw isn’t. If stating a negative opinion means being a troll, guess I’m a troll. And I did have an allocation. It was the number one allocation and the dealership also got a HEA. I walked away from it because. Car is not pretty. Laptop screen when I sat in an i4 looked so odd, car weighs 3800 lbs, manual isn’t the best, suspension is average. I should have bought the m2cs when I had the paperwork in my hands. Regret that decision.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 07:19 PM   #1366
ronin13013
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Cadillac

They produce 1 worthy car and all of sudden Caddy is the benchmark?!? Are we on the same planet. Is this some kind of alternate history. The last time they made cool cars was in the 50s!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneed4spd View Post
Maybe some people won’t ever bad talk a m2? They sure down talk a caddy because it’s a caddy. Never driven one, never probably seen one but it’s ok to trash something that almost all reviews have stated is an amazing car and it beats a bmw m3 hands down. Just google hagarty bmw m5 CS vs blackwing. I owned bmws for 20 yrs. They were great and some still are. I enjoy my x5. But I also think bmw has gotten taken over more by bean counters who want 0-60 times rather than build a enthusiast car. I’m sure it’s fine with 99 percent of folks driving. I just flipped because I wanted to drive the last great gas sports sedan with great driver engagemwnt. After my caddy falls apart, I’ll probably not buy another one because initial quality on them suck. But in reality who keeps cars more than 10 yrs? Not many. My bmws are way ahead in sheet metal lining up and all things working initially very well. I can’t say that about caddy. But from a pure driving enthusiast standpoint, caddy is doing something bmw isn’t. If stating a negative opinion means being a troll, guess I’m a troll. And I did have an allocation. It was the number one allocation and the dealership also got a HEA. I walked away from it because. Car is not pretty. Laptop screen when I sat in an i4 looked so odd, car weighs 3800 lbs, manual isn’t the best, suspension is average. I should have bought the m2cs when I had the paperwork in my hands. Regret that decision.
Appreciate 2
JustinHEMI7446.00
markcu24156.00
      03-30-2023, 07:33 PM   #1367
dominoM
Private Low Class
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 ZB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungus View Post
Has anyone else still not gotten an allocation for their dealership despite being #1 on their waitlist?

I’ve been in the first spot at my local medium sized dealership, but it seems like most dealerships are already way past their first allocation and I’m starting to think mine was lying about my position. Or at least it seems like a lot of people online are already on #2-4 allocation.

USA if that matters.
I'm yet another #1 on a list but dealer has no allocations so far. Fingers crossed for April.

Speaking of fingers crossed when faced with very little information, why does it seem like some of the European folks seem to get information about their production weeks far in advance? Maybe I misunderstood.
Appreciate 1
Sethhboii1315.50
      03-30-2023, 07:37 PM   #1368
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:

Rinse and repeat.
Appreciate 3
ronin130131000.50
JustinHEMI7446.00
markcu24156.00
      03-31-2023, 12:29 AM   #1369
Xspeedracer
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [10.00]
Quote:
I hear the steering rack on the caddy and the mag ride is better than the bmw. The manual is way better. Result, a more engaging drive. I haven’t found one article or person who has driven a CT4BW say it’s less engaging than the m3. With the m2 sharing a lot of platform, I believe it will have slightly diff behavior but similar muted engagement. Long term - have no clue but warranty on caddy is pretty long. Same question can he said if bmw. How many will keep a bmw pass 60-70k miles when gaskets on the motors start to leak.
As a technician of 27 years now I see a lot of GM products that last a long time, but the quality of the product doesn’t come close to the German engineering and fit and finish of the BMW brand is top notch GM stil stands for Giant Mistake in my book
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 01:17 AM   #1370
BimmerFix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Quote:
I hear the steering rack on the caddy and the mag ride is better than the bmw. The manual is way better. Result, a more engaging drive. I haven’t found one article or person who has driven a CT4BW say it’s less engaging than the m3. With the m2 sharing a lot of platform, I believe it will have slightly diff behavior but similar muted engagement. Long term - have no clue but warranty on caddy is pretty long. Same question can he said if bmw. How many will keep a bmw pass 60-70k miles when gaskets on the motors start to leak.
As far as handling & driver engagement the CT4/5 BW are amazing. No question

But I’m sorry they are very atrocious looking cars. Nothing special whatsoever, pretty much a generic looking Cadillac with a spoiler & quad exhaust slapped on.

I can’t find one good thing about it’s aesthetics & same goes for the interior. Sheesh ugly is an understatement

Fit, finish, & build quality .. I won’t even open up that can of worms ..

Driving pleasure sure, but I much rather hop on 2 wheels and call it a day, if that’s all I’m looking for.

BMW might be losing it’s edge in that category, but it makes up for it ten fold in all other areas.
markcu24156.00
cmgbk752633.00
      03-31-2023, 06:59 AM   #1371
markcu24
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post

But I’m sorry they are very atrocious looking cars.

I can’t find one good thing about it’s aesthetics & same goes for the interior. Sheesh ugly is an understatement
Interior looks like the interior of a $30k car. No thanks.
Appreciate 1
BimmerFix1398.00
      03-31-2023, 01:55 PM   #1372
deneed4spd
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post

But I’m sorry they are very atrocious looking cars. Nothing special whatsoever, pretty much a generic looking Cadillac with a spoiler & quad exhaust slapped on.

Fit, finish, & build quality .. I won’t even open up that can of worms ..

Driving pleasure sure, but I much rather hop on 2 wheels and call it a day, if that’s all I’m looking for.

BMW might be losing it’s edge in that category, but it makes up for it ten fold in all other areas.
Everyone picks their poison. I chose better handling, driver engagement vs better engine, interior and build quality. Maybe I should have gone with a Porsche but that is a diff can of worms. But the comment made by the smoking tires guys saying it is an odd looking car which I mentioned and only x5 looks good does line up with my thinking.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 02:09 PM   #1373
Bungus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (on order)

Quote:
Everyone picks their poison. I chose better handling, driver engagement vs better engine, interior and build quality. Maybe I should have gone with a Porsche but that is a diff can of worms. But the comment made by the smoking tires guys saying it is an odd looking car which I mentioned and only x5 looks good does line up with my thinking.
Why not just go ZL1 at that point though? Getting all the benefits of the chassis and skipping the Caddy semantics. Unless youre looking for 4 doors but then obviously the M2 isnt a comparison either.

Agreed that CT4 reviews rave about it, but again if it's my money I'm going Zl1 every single day of the week. Havning owned 2 sixth gen Camaro's i was more than happy with the interior quality and general build quality. Not the best but certainty the best American fit and finish compared to a mustang or dodge, esp when looking at pricing...
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2023, 03:43 PM   #1374
deneed4spd
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungus View Post
Why not just go ZL1 at that point though? Getting all the benefits of the chassis and skipping the Caddy semantics. Unless youre looking for 4 doors but then obviously the M2 isnt a comparison either.

Agreed that CT4 reviews rave about it, but again if it's my money I'm going Zl1 every single day of the week. Havning owned 2 sixth gen Camaro's i was more than happy with the interior quality and general build quality. Not the best but certainty the best American fit and finish compared to a mustang or dodge, esp when looking at pricing...
I am coming from a og m2. Wanted new m2 but wasn’t pretty. So started researching and saw Camero had really bad hood view. I’m short person. So looked at ct4bw. Randomly fell into CT5BW due to last min cancellation. It’s huge but since I been driving a truck around while new m2 coming out, the ct5 didn’t seem to big. We shall see. I’ll rip it around for a bit and rethink. It is nice that caddy bw come with free 2 day driving school paid.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 07:57 PM   #1375
1stM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Hope I will get my allocation by the end of this summer of fall. It's probably be 2024 built with the carbon package.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 10:02 PM   #1376
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Quote:
I am coming from a og m2. Wanted new m2 but wasn’t pretty. So started researching and saw Camero had really bad hood view. I’m short person. So looked at ct4bw. Randomly fell into CT5BW due to last min cancellation. It’s huge but since I been driving a truck around while new m2 coming out, the ct5 didn’t seem to big. We shall see. I’ll rip it around for a bit and rethink. It is nice that caddy bw come with free 2 day driving school paid.
I specifically asked my wife if I could get the CT4BW ... she said im "not old enough, bald enough, or heavy enough" to drive a caddy. Her words, not mine. I like the car! I Blame her (mid 30's mid-western gal's opinion of the car). I said, "but listen to how it sounds..." she walked away unimpressed.
oh well, an M2 or a GT4 it is then
zero213254.50
uk0168573.50
      04-01-2023, 10:04 PM   #1377
deneed4spd
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
I specifically asked my wife if I could get the CT4BW ... she said im "not old enough, bald enough, or heavy enough" to drive a caddy. Her words, not mine. I like the car! I Blame her (mid 30's mid-western gal's opinion of the car). I said, "but listen to how it sounds..." she walked away unimpressed.
oh well, an M2 or a GT4 it is then
Ha! That is funny. When I turned over the CT5BW, I almost crapped my pants. It’s twice as loud as my OG M2. Literally sounds like a 22 going off. Will have to turn it on in the morning with the garage door closed to not piss off neighbors.
Appreciate 1
mtoosexy730.00
      04-01-2023, 10:05 PM   #1378
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stM View Post
Hope I will get my allocation by the end of this summer of fall. It's probably be 2024 built with the carbon package.
I hear ya..
I am actually next at my dealer... I opted for the carbon package. BUT, IF that pushes me back to an August/September delivery date, I would likely hold off til next year. Car gonna be stored come October. 2-3 months of driving vs a 2024 car? dont know....
Mike_H_264.50
      04-01-2023, 10:08 PM   #1379
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ha! That is funny. When I turned over the CT5BW, I almost crapped my pants. It’s twice as loud as my OG M2. Literally sounds like a 22 going off. Will have to turn it on in the morning with the garage door closed to not piss off neighbors.
Right? it sounds amazing!!!
Cant compare that beautiful sound to a 2-turbo six no matter how much u spend on titanium.
I ALMOST bought the OGm2 just for the n55 sound over the comp motor. The m2's dont sound that great. Something we gotta get used to
      04-01-2023, 10:34 PM   #1380
deneed4spd
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
I hear ya..
I am actually next at my dealer... I opted for the carbon package. BUT, IF that pushes me back to an August/September delivery date, I would likely hold off til next year. Car gonna be stored come October. 2-3 months of driving vs a 2024 car? dont know....
Well nope the build rodeo treats you well. Heard of cars parked at GM for 10 months waiting for parts. Crazy but sounds like bmw is pumping them out no prob. What is GM doing??.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 05:13 AM   #1381
Ghostrider.1127
Ghostrider
Rep
Drives: M140iX,Z4M40i,M8 comp,M2g87

Quote:
that almost all reviews have stated is an amazing car and it beats a bmw m3 hands down.

Saw it in internet , must be true
      04-02-2023, 08:03 AM   #1382
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

Quote:
almost all reviews have stated is an amazing car and it beats a bmw m3 hands down.
Perhaps, but at the end of the day it’s still a Cadillac.
Appreciate 1
ronin130131000.50
      04-02-2023, 11:42 AM   #1383
deneed4spd
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
Perhaps, but at the end of the day it’s still a Cadillac.
Enjoy staring at the rear end of the better drivers car.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 12:53 PM   #1384
DSTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M240iX / 23 M2 Tor-Red

Quote:
What driver - subjectively speaking correct lol??? Better for you not always the same for others.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 12:56 PM   #1385
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 03:08 PM   #1386
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

Quote:
The best April Fool’s joke from Bimmerpost’s biggest fool.
Appreciate 4
cmgbk752633.00
uk0168573.50
BimmerFix1398.00