BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

05-19-2022, 04:15 PM   #67
marcelo929
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '14 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by moominter View Post
Not sure that's true , in fact if I had just taken delivery of a car with ID7 I would be upset that a infotainment upgrade & better heads up has been announced especially when the M2 is going to me the same , but it's subjective I suppose .
I think I still prefer ID7 but the dealer doesn’t have to know that… so i’ll try to get a little extra on my trade in if possible as my “new” car is “outdated”
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 04:44 PM   #68
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Do we know what production start date ID8 is going to be implemented from, I have a build slot first week of June, surely after announcing this they won't still be building ID7 cars?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 05:22 PM   #69
TheMandalorian
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyjn7 View Post
Do we know what production start date ID8 is going to be implemented from, I have a build slot first week of June, surely after announcing this they won't still be building ID7 cars?
I believe it's starting sometime in July
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 05:41 PM   #70
jaypr9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Subaru WRX

Quote:
Well if you have a build week 1st week of June as so do I then nothing will be built in June. Someone else stated that they heard or read that BMW would shutdown the line to switch things over for the new models for a couple of weeks which means we'll be lucky to get our cars by September.

Edited - 1st week of June I meant to type.

Last edited by jaypr9; 05-19-2022 at 08:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 07:58 PM   #71
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypr9 View Post
Quote:
Well if you have a build week 1st week of July as so do I then nothing will be built in June. Someone else stated that they heard or read that BMW would shutdown the line to switch things over for the new models for a couple of weeks which means we'll be lucky to get our cars by September.
Just checked with my Dealer, car build date is still showing as 5th of June, status of (Scheduled for Production) however is still spec changeable which I did not think was possible so close to the build
Appreciate 0