F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > A series of unfortunate events 🫣😂 help please, no power
Studio RSR

12-16-2022, 11:42 AM   #1
Gruntly2006
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 520d

A series of unfortunate events 🫣😂 help please, no power

I will give a quick run down.
Bmw 5 series 520d 2011
So I had battery charging malfunction error show on car, which cut out my power steering/lights and kindly popped my handbrake on on the dual carriage way. Long story short was battery, I began changing battery but car was blocking a drive so had to move mid battery change and stupidly shut the boot. Was relieved to find out could connect jump leads to the front to get power and pop boot. Was waiting on new battery so reclused boot on assumption I could do same again! Not sure if I may have touched chasis with jump lead when removing as have tried to do the same again now new battery has arrived, and absolutely nothing, no power what so ever and definitely a good connection as leads spark when attached. Any help or advice would be massively appreciated. Ps I’m a newbie so please go easy on me 😁

Last edited by Gruntly2006; 12-16-2022 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 06:11 PM   #2
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruntly2006 View Post
I will give a quick run down.
Bmw 5 series 520d 2011
So I had battery charging malfunction error show on car, which cut out my power steering/lights and kindly popped my handbrake on on the dual carriage way. Long story short was battery, I began changing battery but car was blocking a drive so had to move mid battery change and stupidly shut the boot. Was relieved to find out could connect jump leads to the front to get power and pop boot. Was waiting on new battery so reclused boot on assumption I could do same again! Not sure if I may have touched chasis with jump lead when removing as have tried to do the same again now new battery has arrived, and absolutely nothing, no power what so ever and definitely a good connection as leads spark when attached. Any help or advice would be massively appreciated. Ps I’m a newbie so please go easy on me 😁
is there any way you can reach inside the trunk through rear seat and reach emerg release?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 11:30 AM   #3
Gruntly2006
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 520d

I’ve drilled through the plastic panel in between the seats but can’t see a way of opening the boot from the inside doesn’t seem to have emergency release
Appreciate 0