E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > One key has CA one does not, Both work as key fob

05-26-2020, 02:54 PM   #1
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Convertible 2007 335

One key has CA one does not, Both work as key fob

I have a problem where one of my keys has CA and one does not. This problem happened out of the blue one day and I have since had a guy who is great at programming keys make me a new one and he tried to fix the other one with no luck. I looked at what I could find as key info in EDIBIAS and
I appears that my keys are # "0" and # "1" (the first two key slots) if I was reading it right. The problem I am trying to solve is that only one of my keys has comfort access even though BOTH keys are CA keys.
A guy made me one of the keys and he tried for a little while to get both working with CA but time was short so we called it a day. He believes I have a coding issue that screwed things up, which is possible. BOTH work from the remote but like I said only 1 has CA. I have replaced the battery, etc. plus it does work perfect as a key fob, just no CA. Anything in coding that I could have messed up?? Anywhere I can check for enabling CA? I have looked and see references to different keys and features in NCS Expert but all of them seem to have the same features enabled or disabled.
Appreciate 0