04-27-2023, 06:43 PM   #199
1stM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Crew View Post
This just turned ugly.

The car arrived to the dealership yesterday evening. I was just notified by Eric Bowen that they sold the car to a local customer from under me and will be refunding my deposit.

As mentioned above, I have a $2500 deposit down, as well as a deal sheet with all terms. This is an AutoNation dealership.

Gutted.
That's suck. I bet it's sold with ADM.
Appreciate 2
M2Crew220.50
      04-28-2023, 09:11 AM   #200
DivergedM2
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Okay, I've refrained from naming and shaming this dealership because honestly I get the vibe they are looking for a reason to yank my build and too much greedy shit is happening lately.. but yeah I'm annoyed and idk if I should be.

Some context - put my deposit down two months ago and while there, I was told by the GSM since I'm not buying a manual M4, why am I test driving it? I've had an OG m2 6spd and a new g80 auto. I think its perfectly valid to ask for a test drive in a manual s58 but did not want to jeopardize anything so did not push back.

I was given the expectation of a test drive but once the HEA car landed, 15k markup and no test drives. I have the first build coming next month and it feels silly not allowing a test drive on an expensive car I'm already committed to buy.

Like I said, I'm selfishly pumped for the car but but this whole transaction has sucked otherwise.

Edit: My CA is awesome but is dealing with mgmt that really doesn't understand or respect the enthusiast market. They do not deserve someone as good as him tbh.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      04-28-2023, 01:23 PM   #201
limdne
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivergedM2 View Post
Okay, I've refrained from naming and shaming this dealership because honestly I get the vibe they are looking for a reason to yank my build and too much greedy shit is happening lately.. but yeah I'm annoyed and idk if I should be.

Some context - put my deposit down two months ago and while there, I was told by the GSM since I'm not buying a manual M4, why am I test driving it? I've had an OG m2 6spd and a new g80 auto. I think its perfectly valid to ask for a test drive in a manual s58 but did not want to jeopardize anything so did not push back.

I was given the expectation of a test drive but once the HEA car landed, 15k markup and no test drives. I have the first build coming next month and it feels silly not allowing a test drive on an expensive car I'm already committed to buy.

Like I said, I'm selfishly pumped for the car but but this whole transaction has sucked otherwise.

Edit: My CA is awesome but is dealing with mgmt that really doesn't understand or respect the enthusiast market. They do not deserve someone as good as him tbh.
Sounds like my dealership here in Rockville.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2023, 03:31 PM   #202
StickyPickle
Captain
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by limdne View Post
Sounds like my dealership here in Rockville.
Rockville, MD?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2023, 04:23 PM   #203
limdne
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyPickle View Post
Rockville, MD?
Yes, and for context I’m referring to 15k markup.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2023, 04:51 PM   #204
StickyPickle
Captain
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by limdne View Post
Yes, and for context I’m referring to 15k markup.
I remember calling around the DMV and remember they were asking for some ridiculous markup. Them, Owings Mills and Alexandria were the worst. Owings Mills and Alexandria were asking for 20K at the time.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 08:16 AM   #205
JoYo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 F87

The Good!

This is long overdue but I wanted to give praise to Richmond BMW Midlothian in Virginia and their sales manager, Aaron Mason.

I was on a wait-list for the G87 and not progressing (in Maryland) when a coworker recommended them back in June. I got an allocation right away and everything progressed as expected with no hiccups during the build. I paid MSRP and did everything from home since i'm a couple of hours away (delivery August 21). I also got a decent price on my trade-in which they picked up as well.

Everyone was very nice and professional from Mr. Mason to the finance department and even the delivery driver.

I honestly cannot say anything bad about these guys!

BSM, Bi-color wheels, manual, leather seats and moonroof...or as my friend says: a non-performance car, but its still fantastic to drive!
Appreciate 2
jpf3409.00
ayilar20.50
      09-27-2023, 09:46 AM   #206
DSTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M240iX / 23 M2 Tor-Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoYo View Post
This is long overdue but I wanted to give praise to Richmond BMW Midlothian in Virginia and their sales manager, Aaron Mason.

I was on a wait-list for the G87 and not progressing (in Maryland) when a coworker recommended them back in June. I got an allocation right away and everything progressed as expected with no hiccups during the build. I paid MSRP and did everything from home since i'm a couple of hours away (delivery August 21). I also got a decent price on my trade-in which they picked up as well.

Everyone was very nice and professional from Mr. Mason to the finance department and even the delivery driver.

I honestly cannot say anything bad about these guys!

BSM, Bi-color wheels, manual, leather seats and moonroof...or as my friend says: a non-performance car, but its still fantastic to drive!
Non performance car lol??? Sure a 'friend' ?? What is he driving?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 04:22 PM   #207
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by qballis View Post
Arrowhead is terrible. Non refundable deposits, sales staff that act like you’re a nuisance taking time from their day, forcing you to add LoJack to any car you buy for $500. Who is your sales rep?
No way, Talk to rus. Stop talking to those other idiots.
      09-27-2023, 04:24 PM   #208
qballis
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
No way, Talk to rus. Stop talking to those other idiots.
Ahh, Mr. Rus Smith. He was the specific person that was my problem.
Appreciate 1
miiipilot522.00
      09-29-2023, 06:31 AM   #209
Ojala
Rep
Drives: BMW m2

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [0.00]
Autobahn BMW in Fort Worth and the CA Greg Chandler was definitely a good dealership to buy from. He did tell me that they don't do out of Texas purchases.

Someone canceled their order so I purchased for MSRP with no dealer adds or shenanigans. I went to look at it on Saturday morning when the car popped up on their website, signed my paperwork and put down a credit card to hold till Monday when title paperwork and my trade could happen.

I was surprised that this car is a 09/23 build and upon looking at the paperwork it had just hit port at Galveston. I've never seen cars move that fast from factory to port to dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 07:35 AM   #210
Rate-of-Twist
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F900Xr, Volvo XC60

Had a shitty dealer in NH try to pull some BS yesterday…

Frankly they have been pretty shady and incompetent from the first minute of dealing with them. Showed up to look at a M240 to get an idea of size of the M2 and sales moron tries to hard sell me into the M240 (told them right off the bat I want a M2 and I’m looking for spring / summer 2024 and I’ll looking for a special order car)

Was ready to give a deposit for a build and the $3k non refundable becomes $5k non refundable for an M2

I left not ready to give them an interest free loan for 6-9 months but still considering in the deal at a lower deposit amount.

BDC person follows up a few days later offering some flexibility in deposit amount and also offers a test drive in an unsold M2 they have on the way. I told her I was interested and to let me know.

Got a text yesterday saying the car was here and come in down for a test drive.

Move a couple of afternoon meetings, grab my checkbook, and my potential trade in to head over to the dealer. Get a call half way there saying, “oh the manager said that M cars are not available for those with signed dealers so no signed paperwork no test drive.”

Told her thanks and that I would be turning around to head home

Funniest thing is I went with checkbook and trade with me as the spec was close enough to what I wanted I might have just taken the car they had.

I won’t pretend it’s their loss, as they will no doubt have no trouble selling the car… but it’s a shit way to treat someone and a crappy way to do business

Overall my opinion on BMW dealers is worse than any brand I have purchased from - with Tulley BMW being the worst of the bunch. I would drive a Hyundai before I purchased anything from them now or in the future.

Buying a car really should be fun, this isn’t that hard
Appreciate 3
Tag18419.50
Zatellia186.00
Trogster468.00
      09-29-2023, 08:32 AM   #211
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rate-of-Twist View Post
Had a shitty dealer in NH try to pull some BS yesterday…

Frankly they have been pretty shady and incompetent from the first minute of dealing with them. Showed up to look at a M240 to get an idea of size of the M2 and sales moron tries to hard sell me into the M240 (told them right off the bat I want a M2 and I’m looking for spring / summer 2024 and I’ll looking for a special order car)

Was ready to give a deposit for a build and the $3k non refundable becomes $5k non refundable for an M2

I left not ready to give them an interest free loan for 6-9 months but still considering in the deal at a lower deposit amount.

BDC person follows up a few days later offering some flexibility in deposit amount and also offers a test drive in an unsold M2 they have on the way. I told her I was interested and to let me know.

Got a text yesterday saying the car was here and come in down for a test drive.

Move a couple of afternoon meetings, grab my checkbook, and my potential trade in to head over to the dealer. Get a call half way there saying, “oh the manager said that M cars are not available for those with signed dealers so no signed paperwork no test drive.”

Told her thanks and that I would be turning around to head home

Funniest thing is I went with checkbook and trade with me as the spec was close enough to what I wanted I might have just taken the car they had.

I won’t pretend it’s their loss, as they will no doubt have no trouble selling the car… but it’s a shit way to treat someone and a crappy way to do business

Overall my opinion on BMW dealers is worse than [...]
I’ve dealt with 6 different dealers located in New York, Florida, Arizona, and California. I’d rate my experiences from “good” to “excellent”. Thankfully I haven’t shared yours so you probably hit a clunker. Should be easy to find another dealer who wants to sell you an M2.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2023, 04:51 PM   #212
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Current: VW R32, GTI

Minor dealer bad: trying to make me pay out of pocket for the missing rear brake M clips.
Appreciate 3
      10-05-2023, 05:23 PM   #213
DrJLag420
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreVW View Post
Minor dealer bad: trying to make me pay out of pocket for the missing rear brake M clips.
Mine did the same. I’m not gonna bother if they just fall off. NBD
Appreciate 1
NoMoreVW103.50
      10-08-2023, 09:15 PM   #214
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87, 2018 Mustang GT traded in

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreVW View Post
Mine CA wasn't aware of them. Showed them pics and pn / diagram and basically said he'd run it by the manager and that was that. Guess we shall see.
Appreciate 1
Zatellia186.00
      10-10-2023, 10:17 AM   #215
Zatellia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 ZB (Manual)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZG87 View Post
Mine CA wasn't aware of them. Showed them pics and pn / diagram and basically said he'd run it by the manager and that was that. Guess we shall see.
Yeah my CA wasn't aware of them either and once I provided a part number they ordered it right then and will mail it to me once it comes in (dealer is a couple hours away)
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2023, 10:24 AM   #216
Zatellia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 ZB (Manual)

My dealer in Farmington Hills, MI was very good, kept me up to date on the build and provided me with the vessel information once it was loaded and everything. Didn't try and over charge me on anything that I am aware of at least, got her at MSRP with only a 2.5k refundable deposit for the allocation.

The only down side that happened and very well could have been a miscommunication on both our parts was once it arrived the dealer verified that I was financing and when I stated I was going to use my personal bank, he informed me that they do not accept outside financing. But he was able to almost meet my banks offer (APR and Months) so in the end it was almost the exact same financing.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2023, 10:28 AM   #217
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Definitely on the GOOD side, I want to give a huge kudo to BMW Seattle. There are three, and now four total BMW dealerships in my direct area, and I won't go anywhere else.

I very much viewed the 'stealership' in a terrible light, and the dealer is the enemy at every stage of sales, service and parts. As I have gotten to know BMW Seattle really well, and the staff from the leadership of the GM through service techs, sales and parts, they are all really great folks.

The GM is a dedicated passionate BMW guy, enough so that he doesn't even understand modding cars, that they are truly the 'ultimate driving machine' straight from the factory and why would you change that? He has a constant rotating collection of BMWs, new and old and is deeply invested in the brand and his shop and it shows.

I personally won't go anywhere else in the entire PacNW for BMWs other than them, and oh.. they NEVER add a second sticker! This dealer markup crap you will never see there, so even if you have to drive from a State away, its worth it.
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2023, 06:30 PM   #218
Geighty7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_H_ View Post
That's the sort of dealer that gives good dealers a bad name, and the good dealers pay a price for it every single day.

Wish manufacturers would yank franchises from the low hanging fruit and give them to those with a proven track record, even if they've never sold the brand before.
I actually just ordered through them MSRP and awaiting MY24 to get on a boat. Solid experience at LB BMW so far.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2023, 06:31 PM   #219
Geighty7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
Agree, Long Beach sucks. I bought 2 cars from them and thought I had a decent relationship, but my old CA left. Told them I didn’t need to be first on the block. They told me 10k market adjustment back in September. I asked to confirm with their GM, Jason Warren if they were interested in long term customers or not. They don’t care, market adjustment matters more to them.

I’m in no real rush. Going to drive it in a few weeks at another dealer to make sure I like. Then I’ll get more serious about finding an allocation.
They fixed this. I actually just ordered through them. Solid experience, MSRP. Car is getting shipped in 10 days. Received allocation 4 days after I placed the order.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 10:02 AM   #220
apez
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2, F25 X3

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [7.62]
2015 BMW X3  [7.25]
Any suggestions for getting the most trade in value on an ordered car? I can't really sell elsewhere because of sales tax benefits on trade in.
Appreciate 0