BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

01-16-2023, 03:38 PM   #331
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshead View Post
My dealer advised me many months ago that it was a 10day rule in that BMW insist that all cars are delivered to customers no more than 10 days after arrival at dealers premises. There might be some truth in it if other dealers are saying similar?
Interesting. I’ve reserved an M240i which is due at the dealers by mid Feb. Said to them I’d like it registered 1st of March for the new plate. They said they don’t hold vehicles that long (2weeks?!) They changed their mind when I said that would be a deal breaker.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2023, 03:41 PM   #332
desertspotter
Private
Rep
Drives: F22 coupe

As far as I know SLP factory is working with a 2-3week max schedule.

They are releasing allocations based in part availability for the next weeks, Once production week schedule they may push a week or two back if there is any logistics delay, but they have all parts allocated for your car.

Any change in status 112 (production week scheduled) will push your car out of the queue.

This is the info that my dealer give me.

Regarding production hold, at least my car start production last week on 11th, did you order parking assistant plus?, back in September some post said that will be removed from G42 but configuration still shows it, maybe there are still some sortage of cameras or electronic modules for this option and cars with this option are not being scheduled for production right now.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 03:48 PM   #333
devon
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
Interesting. I’ve reserved an M240i which is due at the dealers by mid Feb. Said to them I’d like it registered 1st of March for the new plate. They said they don’t hold vehicles that long (2weeks?!) They changed their mind when I said that would be a deal breaker.
I think they are just trying to keep the sales figures up….I have bought lots of new cars and never heard about a 10 day rule… picked up my 240 on August 12th it had only been there for 6 days but the dealer said I could have left it till September if I wanted….and the 240 I got back in 2017 was there 5 weeks before I got round to collecting it.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 07:41 AM   #334
cannockwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M240i 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannockwolf View Post
I've been told by my dealer yesterday that all M240i production had been suspended, anybody else been told this?
I've now been told after them chatting to people higher up to expect it in May
      01-27-2023, 10:40 AM   #335
PP3121
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Could this be related to the Stop Sale for the air bag issues/concerns?

Bummer.

Hang in. What an amazing vehicle!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2023, 04:55 AM   #336
szymon.sz
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon View Post
I think they are just trying to keep the sales figures up….I have bought lots of new cars and never heard about a 10 day rule… picked up my 240 on August 12th it had only been there for 6 days but the dealer said I could have left it till September if I wanted….and the 240 I got back in 2017 was there 5 weeks before I got round to collecting it.
My dealer (Poland) asked politely if I could pick up the car ASAP. When i asked why, he told me it affects their allocations. If cars do not sit long on a lot, they get more cars from the BMW.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2023, 05:49 AM   #337
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by szymon.sz View Post
My dealer (Poland) asked politely if I could pick up the car ASAP. When i asked why, he told me it affects their allocations. If cars do not sit long on a lot, they get more cars from the BMW.

It’s more to do with the liability of having a Customer’s car sat around.
BMW dealers around here have no problem meeting sales numbers.
Appreciate 0