BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

01-01-2022, 01:53 PM   #67
yabo2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 m4 competition (soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer89 View Post
I'm in the UK (London) I ordered my M240I 2 weeks before Christmas and it's got a build week of the first week of January and my dealer has told me the car will be here by the 10th March so hoping no delays.

I personally thought this was a quick build, I nearly went for a New RS3 until they told me the car wouldn't be here until December 2022 and possibly January 2023 if I went for a Vorsprung model which is a shocking amount of time.

Nice to see some of you guys cars are close to landing and also some of you having them already.
I cant believe the RS3 is so far out that it would be delivered Dec 2022 for a customer order. I can only imagine the US is probably in the same boat since we usually get our cars later than you
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 02:14 PM   #68
Beemer89
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW %E2%93%82%EF%B8%8F240I X D

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabo2c View Post
Quote:
I'm in the UK (London) I ordered my M240I 2 weeks before Christmas and it's got a build week of the first week of January and my dealer has told me the car will be here by the 10th March so hoping no delays.

I personally thought this was a quick build, I nearly went for a New RS3 until they told me the car wouldn't be here until December 2022 and possibly January 2023 if I went for a Vorsprung model which is a shocking amount of time.

Nice to see some of you guys cars are close to landing and also some of you having them already.
I cant believe the RS3 is so far out that it would be delivered Dec 2022 for a customer order. I can only imagine the US is probably in the same boat since we usually get our cars later than you
Tell me about it.

I personally thought that time frame was ridiculous.

I mean December 2022 was one thing but to think possibly early 2023 it's just a joke in my opinion.

If I had gone with ordering a RS3 I would of changed my mind about 8 times throughout waiting that long 😂
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 02:16 PM   #69
yabo2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 m4 competition (soon)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Tell me about it.

I mean December 2022 was one thing but to think possibly early 2023 it's just a joke in my opinion.

If I had gone with ordering a RS3 I would of changed my mind about 8 times throughout waiting that long 😂

Sounds like me hahaha hopefully your M240i comes sooner! I have been waiting since beginning of October and hoping mine comes at least end of January now.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 02:28 PM   #70
Beemer89
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Tell me about it.

Sounds like me hahaha hopefully your M240i comes sooner! I have been waiting since beginning of October and hoping mine comes at least end of January now.
Got my fingers crossed for you 🤞🏽

What spec you gone for ?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2022, 02:14 PM   #71
beamer-dreamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i, Volvo V60 XC

I ordered a M240I dec 27th, and dealer said it was scheduled to be built early feb, i have a 7 digit production number... but the tracker hasn't updated with the official build date... i'd love to see the car soon.. but i'm guessing it's april before i see it
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2022, 07:46 PM   #72
phatkid68
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Order update...

Ordered my car at a dealer with no allocation the end of Nov 2021; supposedly the first order when allocation received. Got a call after Christmas that they had an allocation and placed the order. I have the order submitted but no production date schedule about 1 week later.

I've read the threads - ready for a wait - but passing my info as I get it.
Appreciate 1
drpie107.50
      01-05-2022, 07:14 AM   #73
yanks1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Mustang GT Vert 5-speed

My car was ordered mid-October and few days later was assigned build allocation for week #48. Was finally started late Dec and completed Dec 20 per BMW Genius. Got through before Christmas quality check & final assembly and now ready for transport status as of yesterday morning. Next step is waiting for carrier assignment for shipping... urgh

Guess if I'm lucky I'll see vehicle end of January.. my dealer is in N. Carolina and port will be Brunswick, Georgia like many on East Coast

'08 Mustang GT Vert w/5 speed manual
Past:325ci, 330ci (my favorite) & 2018 230i; '79 Vette (owned 13 yrs.)
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 10:16 AM   #74
MisteClueless
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M --> 2022 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks1 View Post
My car was ordered mid-October and few days later was assigned build allocation for week #48. Was finally started late Dec and completed Dec 20 per BMW Genius. Got through before Christmas quality check & final assembly and now ready for transport status as of yesterday morning. Next step is waiting for carrier assignment for shipping... urgh

Guess if I'm lucky I'll see vehicle end of January.. my dealer is in N. Carolina and port will be Brunswick, Georgia like many on East Coast
I ordered 11/23. Just finished QC a few days ago and was on Final Assembly for 2 days (thank goodness was afraid this was going to turn into a multiple week thing as well). Hit ready for transport this morning. I'm East Coast as well. Our cars will probably be on the same transport.
Appreciate 1
yanks1484.00
      01-05-2022, 11:47 AM   #75
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

Ordered mine on 12/14.
Production number received 12/20.

Dealer had an active allocation in 112 status that he was able to modify to my spec.

Spoke to BMW Genius who said production scheduled for week 3 of 2022 but status changed to production begins today so little earlier than I was told.

I’ll be happy if I can get the car end of March and I am planning on doing the Performance center delivery.

Build Spec:
Thunder night metallic
Cognac interior
792 style wheel with Performance non run flats
Premium package
Parking assistance package
Aluminum trim
HK sound
Red brake calipers
Wireless charging (dealer had to manually add it back even though it was standard)
Appreciate 1
yanks1484.00
      01-05-2022, 12:23 PM   #76
wk240i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M240i, BMW 2016 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks1 View Post

Like yanks1 my m240i was ordered in October (25th) and now has been sitting in "Ready for Transport" since just before Christmas. I asked BMW Genius if there as any hold up (other than the factory holiday closures) and he told me I needed to check with my CA. Which I did, and it now appears that my car has been held at the factory pending installation of "Receiver Audio Module" (which I infer is for satellite/HD radio). No information on expected completion date. Others with similar order and build timings may be similarly affected, so it would be worth checking with your CA.
Appreciate 1
yanks1484.00
      01-05-2022, 01:20 PM   #77
Retrospaz85
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22' M240/67 Mustang Fastback

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk240i View Post
Like yanks1 my m240i was ordered in October (25th) and now has been sitting in "Ready for Transport" since just before Christmas. I asked BMW Genius if there as any hold up (other than the factory holiday closures) and he told me I needed to check with my CA. Which I did, and it now appears that my car has been held at the factory pending installation of "Receiver Audio Module" (which I infer is for satellite/HD radio). No information on expected completion date. Others with similar order and build timings may be similarly affected, so it would be worth checking with your CA.
Honestly I've tried to not stress anymore about when the car will get here, it's more annoying that my other car is going to have its registration expire this month and I would really not like to reup the registration for probably less than another month of driving haha.
Appreciate 1
wk240i46.50
      01-05-2022, 01:32 PM   #78
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

like wk240i my 240i moved thru production quickly and sailed thru the dreaded "final quality control" step, but then has been hung up in "ready for transport". I suspect it's for the same reason mentioned above, instead of holding up at the final quality step, they just moved em one step further just to make us feel better and think things are moving along. Alas mine also has the HK audio option and i almost decided to skip it just to speed it along...although not sure if that module is also needed for the standard audio setup. Anyway it will get here when it gets here. But if it gets delayed an unreasonable amount of time i may cancel.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 01:43 PM   #79
Nicolas05
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW g42 M240i

I have a european version on order. Build started 10th of december was completed the 20th and just like most here it is stuck ever since.. my delivery date was scheduled last week of january, and has now been pushed back to 2nd week of March. Ugh….
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 03:15 PM   #80
yanks1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Mustang GT Vert 5-speed

I emailed my Sales Rep... he stated mine like many have "stop sale" until radio module comes in which also used for other critical items. Usually installed at USA port. Satellite radio appears ok but he wants to double check tomorrow he is out today. My build online still states Sirius/XM with 1 year 360L or something like that
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 04:50 PM   #81
drpie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240iX on 02/09/2022

Garage List
2022 M240iX  [0.00]
Mine has it on the build sheet as well and is "ready for transport "; ordered 11/20 and production # assigned.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 07:54 PM   #82
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

Just to confirm: i checked the BMW recall site for my VIN and found yup...mine is held up for the dreaded audio module as below, the listing of "open" means it has not been resolved and likely to be held up till?

Quote:
Recall Type Defect Code Defect Code Description Reservation Date VIN Status Reservation Dealer Customer Notification Error Flag Error Message
no recall 0065480300 Retrofitting the receiver audio module Open
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 10:11 PM   #83
steelatx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by danallxt View Post
Just to confirm: i checked the BMW recall site for my VIN and found yup...mine is held up for the dreaded audio module as below, the listing of "open" means it has not been resolved and likely to be held up till?
Where did you find the recall site with this message? Mine for sure has a stop sale for the radio module and I was told it would be added at vpc. However, I entered my VIN on https://my.bmwusa.com/safety-and-emission-recalls and nothing comes up. This may just be for safety / emissions tho? Or maybe somehow mine got the part at factory?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 01:10 AM   #84
wk240i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M240i, BMW 2016 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelatx View Post
Where did you find the recall site with this message? Mine for sure has a stop sale for the radio module and I was told it would be added at vpc. However, I entered my VIN on https://my.bmwusa.com/safety-and-emission-recalls and nothing comes up. This may just be for safety / emissions tho? Or maybe somehow mine got the part at factory?
I had the same experience. My VIN does not bring anything up.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 02:31 AM   #85
Dynamodux
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw m240i

Unfortunately mine and potentially many others in the UK are delayed I'm now getting an expected delivery end of June 🤣 although I'm hopeful it will be quicker than that
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 02:39 AM   #86
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Is there any indication of when the delays may be resolved from anyone within BMW?

Ordered 2/12/2021, still at Status 047 (Australia)
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 03:08 AM   #87
pbw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw 240i xdrive g42

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamodux View Post
Unfortunately mine and potentially many others in the UK are delayed I'm now getting an expected delivery end of June 🤣 although I'm hopeful it will be quicker than that
Also waiting in the U.K., not heard that. Damn, might have to replace tyres etc on my current 140i as they won't last that timescale!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 04:46 AM   #88
Beemer89
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamodux View Post
Also waiting in the U.K., not heard that. Damn, might have to replace tyres etc on my current 140i as they won't last that timescale!
I'm also yet to hear of any UK delays from my dealer.

Last I heard off my dealer when I secured the car 2 weeks before Christmas is that it would be here sometime in March, so let's hope there won't be no delays.

When delays come that's when I start getting itchy and want to change the car for something else.

Happened with my Golf R 7.5 order back in 2017 car got delayed by 4 months and I went for a TTRS instead.

It's one thing playing the waiting game but the delayed waiting game isn't nice 🙄
Appreciate 1
yanks1484.00