06-16-2023, 10:01 PM   #111
aiursblade
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42

Garage List
2023 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Finally picked her up today! Ordered Feb 10th. Too excited to take any good photos, but here she is. Next steps are spoiler, badges and PPF!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
stvward133.00
Nate48150.00
      06-18-2023, 03:21 PM   #112
~Barn~
Neophyte
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotsauzF82 View Post
Tint @ 20% nano ceramic all around. Decided to leave the windshield alone since it's just too dark in the country without street lights where we live

It's amazing how much of a change in color the Thundernight really has!
Gorgeous car!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 03:41 PM   #113
zipstic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi

Garage List
2008 335xi Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUG_H1LL View Post
22'

24k miles under 2 years. Can't get enough of this car...

Painted front trim bits, staggered HRE Wheels & Tires, jb4, down pipe, carbon extras, side skirts, front lip, springs, Dinan carbon & Dinan bits
Very sharp! Do you have any plans to do painted reflectors?
      06-20-2023, 07:04 PM   #114
JCarrese74
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Just picked up my 2023 M240i last week, only thing I've done so far is 15mm rear spacers
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
stvward133.00
      06-21-2023, 09:40 PM   #115
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good 4 2 reasons View Post
Loving the car so far. It's a pleasure to drive every day. The steering feel is amazing after coming from a "cheaper" electromechanical steering rack. The throttle does not feel overly sensitive. In comfort mode you can pull out and gently accelerate, and requesting the next level of power is easy to discern. I have gone over the 1200 miles but I still haven't put the throttle to the floor. 75% throttle seems to be more than enough power to quickly exceed the speed limit. For a slushbox automatic the gear shifts seem quick and I enjoy using the paddle shifters more than I expected coming from daily driving a manual for the last 7 years. I got the sensatec and am loving the comfort of the seats for the driver. The cupholder placement leaves a little to be desired but I understand with the larger armrest and all the buttons near the shift makes a more central placement impossible.

The heads up display and comfort access are two features I really have been enjoying as far as creature comforts coming from an older car. The myBMW app has worked well for me in spite of the thousands of bad reviews on Google Play store.

In spite of me requesting the car not be washed or detailed upon delivery, the dealer did "detail" the car. To my horror, I later discovered that swirl marks were put on the paint from bumper to bumper. The dealership owned up to what happened and paid for paint correction at a local detail shop. The BSM looks exceptional now and I am really happy with how glossy the paint looks.
You’d you get the lanes to show in the head up display
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2023, 02:10 AM   #116
~Barn~
Neophyte
Rep

Garage List
Delivery Day....
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
JoeyJoeJo183.50
AWcoupe165.50
      07-08-2023, 05:34 AM   #117
dy444
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xDrive

Had my first proper drive yesterday with a 120 mile round trip and overall it was excellent.

The good:
Ride, road and wind noise, handling and overall comfort.
Engine is silky smooth in the break in rpm range.
Fuel consumption was 37 mpg (UK "g") with a mix of road types and speeds and a few traffic queues here and there.
I never had iDrive 7 but iDrive 8 is a major improvement over what I've been used to especially the big screen. As a long term BMW owner I'm familiar with many of the underlying functions so that helps the learning curve but by the end of the 120 miles I'd pretty much got to grips with it. For those, like me, that detest touch screens, the voice commands work pretty well most of the time (once I'd changed the wake up phrase - Hey BMW didn't work for me at all). Using those, a few well chosen short cuts accessed by the iDrive controller and calling up screens with the buttons that surround it, I've found I can do everything I want whilst driving without touching the screen at all.

Niggles - nothing terrible just a few specific irritations
Doors. I don't know if it's just mine or a feature but the doors make a bit of a tinny noise when being closed rather than that satisfying soft clunk you normally get with a BMW.
Nav system. In the route criteria I set tolls to "avoid" but when I set up my journey yesterday it said it couldn't avoid tolls. This was extremely surprising as the journey is one I do regularly and there are no tolls - the nearest one is a tunnel about 30 miles in the opposite direction! Clearly a bug.
RTTI. A vast improvement over the iDrive 6 version which was borderline impossible to use whilst driving because of the way the info was presented. This is way better however they still managed to build in a couple of irritations. The traffic info widget shows a graphical journey summary with delay annotations on its tile (which is just what was needed imo) but the text is tiny and hard to read and when you click on the tile and open the app you can't get a bigger version (or even any version at all) which is irritating. Also its categorisation of the delay severity needs recalibrating, things like a 3 minute delay in a 20 minute journey is not a major delay as it claims
Manuals. No iDrive 8 Navigation, Entertainment, Communication manual I can find anywhere despite it being referenced in the printed owners handbook that came with the car. That makes learning iDrive 8 a whole lot harder than it needs to be especially for those new to BMW.

Overall though very happy so far.
G42 M240i xDrive. Brooklyn Grey, 19" Bicolour Double-spoke style 893 M alloy wheels with performance tyres, Technology Plus Pack, M Adaptive Suspension, Harman/Kardon Surround Sound Audio System, Heated Steering Wheel, Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim

Last edited by dy444; 07-08-2023 at 06:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
JoeyJoeJo183.50