BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

03-28-2022, 09:16 AM   #45
Denver Coutu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G42 M240i, 1997 E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMandalorian View Post
Hmm okay thanks for the heads up! Any other cool apps that I should know about? I will be completely new to the BMW ecosystem
The BMW M lap timer.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 09:20 AM   #46
Denver Coutu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, I don't believe ACC is available and yeah I mean't parking assistance plus is not available
I just placed a M240i for my customer. It is set to build in April with ACC and Parking assistant plus.

only restrictions are the passenger lumbar support and idrive controller touch function.

My other customers order building right now has both packages on it too.

As for timeline. You are looking at April/May build with May/June delivery.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 01:22 PM   #47
DriftKing860
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Passat

Denver,

Are you saying ACC is back? Or never left? Will it stay throughout the build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Coutu View Post
I just placed a M240i for my customer. It is set to build in April with ACC and Parking assistant plus.

only restrictions are the passenger lumbar support and idrive controller touch function.

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 01:24 PM   #48
Denver Coutu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderNight860 View Post
Denver,

Are you saying ACC is back? Or never left? Will it stay throughout the build?
For the Canadian Marketplace. It never left. It is staying with the March built unit I have, only time will tell on the April Build unit.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 09:24 PM   #49
Vancouver_M440
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M5 Sedan

Do dealers get frequent updates on build status? My build date was supposed to be week 11 and we are 2 weeks past that now but the Build status is still saying 112 - scheduled for production when I ask my dealer. Is it truly delayed or has production possibly started but the status just has not moved to in production?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 04:31 PM   #50
TheMandalorian
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:

Hey Denver, seen a lot of your tiktoks, solid content! I've been giving this same timeline.

Just got a few questions.
  1. With no iDrive controller touch function, does this meen we will still get a touchscreen?
  2. I added comfort access to my vehicle, was there anything else I needed to add to get the digital key card entry?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 07:10 PM   #51
Denver Coutu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_M5 View Post
Do dealers get frequent updates on build status? My build date was supposed to be week 11 and we are 2 weeks past that now but the Build status is still saying 112 - scheduled for production when I ask my dealer. Is it truly delayed or has production possibly started but the status just has not moved to in production?
We do not get notifications from BMW. We have to manually check the vehicle status. 150 comes after 112, 150 means it is set for paint. If your car is still 112 that prob means your production week got pushed. Ask you sales rep what the system is is showing for build week. Or ask me if you have your prob #
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 07:11 PM   #52
Denver Coutu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hey Denver, seen a lot of your tiktoks, solid content! I've been giving this same timeline.

Just got a few questions.
  1. With no iDrive controller touch function, does this meen we will still get a touchscreen?
  2. I added comfort access to my vehicle, was there anything else I needed to add to get the digital key card entry?

Thank you!
Yes still touch screen. They just removed a feature no one ever uses.

You might need wireless charger in order to have the key card. kind hit or miss tbh. I have seen some without wireless charger still have the pad and NFC read with keycard.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 07:45 PM   #53
Vancouver_M440
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
We do not get notifications from BMW. We have to manually check the vehicle status. 150 comes after 112, 150 means it is set for paint. If your car is still 112 that prob means your production week got pushed. Ask you sales rep what the system is is showing for build week. Or ask me if you have your prob #
Yes my understanding that 112 means its just scheduled for production and nothing has started. I was told week 11, but I think it's now currently week 15? Does set for paint mean the car is quite far along or just started? I just told that once the status changes to 150, I can't change any options. In my correspondence with them I see my production number and production month which is marked as 03. After Status 150 is there anymore updates that the dealer gets or is the next update that its in transport on the way to the dealer? I wish we got the same system as the US for our car orders. Then again, it doesn't really help cause we'd just see that it's stuck at port or VDC or some stuff like that. Do cars coming to Canada go through VDC in US before being put on a train or transport to Canada?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 11:26 AM   #54
Denver Coutu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes my understanding that 112 means its just scheduled for production and nothing has started. I was told week 11, but I think it's now currently week 15? Does set for paint mean the car is quite far along or just started? I just told that once the status changes to 150, I can't change any options. In my correspondence with them I see my production number and production month which is marked as 03. After Status 150 is there anymore updates that the dealer gets or is the next update that its in transport on the way to the dealer? I wish we got the same system as the US for our car orders. Then again, it doesn't really help cause we'd just see that it's stuck at port or VDC or some stuff like that. Do cars coming to Canada go through VDC in US before being put on a train or transport to Canada?
150 means specs are locked but production hasnt started yet. 152 means it has started and 155 means quality check. My current M240i order has been 150 for a week now. I don't think we have VDC in canada. As far as i know they go from the train to Vaughan(if ontario car).
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2022, 07:48 PM   #55
TheMandalorian
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Anyone got any updates on their end
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 04:36 AM   #56
Vancouver_M440
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I wish. As of Saturday, it was still 112. Sigh...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 10:32 PM   #57
Vancouver_M440
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Well it's now almost beginning of week 17, I think. But I am still on 112 and my order now states my build week is 20 or mid May. If that actually happens I might get my car by August? At this point I am so close to getting a 2023 that I am almost starting hope I gets delayed enough for the update. My dealership has no info on a change to delay 2023 until September. They are saying MY2023 starts in July. I guess time will tell. Serious considering jumping ship but really not much else I want. Only other vehicle I would consider is a Porsche Macan. But I drove the 4 cylinder model which is in same price range of the M240 and it's rather underwhelming power wise. The PDK is amazing though. Response is so immediate even compared to BMW DCT.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 12:43 AM   #58
eddj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i xdrive

Quote:
150 means specs are locked but production hasnt started yet. 152 means it has started and 155 means quality check. My current M240i order has been 150 for a week now. I don't think we have VDC in canada. As far as i know they go from the train to Vaughan(if ontario car).
Hi Denver,

I just ordered my m240i about a week and a half ago from a local BMW dealership in my town in Ontario . Initially (before ordering) I was told that I might get a May or June production week and when ordering the car I wasnt aware of this allocation system because this was my first time ordering a BMW car. But when I checked with my dealership last week, I was told I have a production number already but my order was in status 047 with no production week yet and no code 111 and that this not yet known production week might get pushed further, worst case scenario in July because of some production delays in the last couple a weeks which the dealership got as an internal memo released recently from BMW.
After reading posts in this forum all past week and this week now, I understood that if the dealership has an open allocation when you put your order with them then you should immediately get a production # and get the status 111 order accepted together immediately after and if you get the code 047 like me from the beginning it means the dealership doesn't have an open allocation yet and it cant give you a production number until they receive the allocation and your order gets into 111 status with a know production week for your car.

So my 047 status with production # already received it means that I got the allocation but got the status 111 and the production week date delayed for the moment ? or even if I got the production # it means that I still need to wait that my dealership gets an open allocation for me?

Also since I saw you already ordered a couple m240i for your customers in late march and they already have an April production week, that means I have also a chance that I might still receive my production week and status 111 for end of May or June and there are no current serious production delays affecting m240i's production and delivery for Canada ?

Last edited by eddj; 04-27-2022 at 12:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 02:46 AM   #59
Vancouver_M440
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

From what I have seen getting 112 doesn't seem to mean squat. I got my production date and number in January for March and it's practically May and I am still 112. If you put your order in now I would expect maybe a December delivery. Feels like in Canada its closer to a six month wait. Someone ordered in Nov 2021 at my dealer and just got their car this month.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 07:50 AM   #60
Denver Coutu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddj View Post
Quote:
Hi Denver,

I just ordered my m240i about a week and a half ago from a local BMW dealership in my town in Ontario . Initially (before ordering) I was told that I might get a May or June production week and when ordering the car I wasnt aware of this allocation system because this was my first time ordering a BMW car. But when I checked with my dealership last week, I was told I have a production number already but my order was in status 047 with no production week yet and no code 111 and that this not yet known production week might get pushed further, worst case scenario in July because of some production delays in the last couple a weeks which the dealership got as an internal memo released recently from BMW.
After reading posts in this forum all past week and this week now, I understood that if the dealership has an open allocation when you put your order with them then you should immediately get a production # and get the status 111 order accepted together immediately after and if you get the code 047 like me from the beginning it means the dealership doesn't have an open allocation yet and it cant give you a production number until they receive the allocation and your order gets into 111 status with a know production week for your car.

So my 047 status with production # already received it means that I got the allocation but got the status 111 and the production week date delayed for the moment ? or even if I got the production # it means that I still need to wait that my dealership gets an open allocation for me?

Also since I saw you already ordered a couple m240i for your customers in late march and they already have an April production week, that means I have also a chance that I might still receive my production week and status 111 for end of May or June and there are no current serious production delays affecting m240i's production and delivery for Canada ?
Everything you said is pretty accurate. Nothing is Forsure until it is status 150, 47 is no prob week. 111/112 is scheduled but can still be pushed. 150 means it is locked in and about to build.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 10:51 AM   #61
eddj
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
From what I have seen getting 112 doesn't seem to mean squat. I got my production date and number in January for March and it's practically May and I am still 112. If you put your order in now I would expect maybe a December delivery. Feels like in Canada its closer to a six month wait. Someone ordered in Nov 2021 at my dealer and just got their car this month.
Initially when I discussed with my dealership about the current wait and delivery times he said that for North American customers the m240i deliveries are working better now since we have the plant here close to us in the same continent unlike the European customers.. and he also said that things are moving a bit better now compared to last year (for the chip parts supply chain and logistics due to covid,etc )and he had cases when the customer received car in just 2-3 months wait time after ordering it because depending on production week confirmation, between build and logistics, we should be looking at around a 6 week turn around for the delivery date after the car entered the production line.

But all this talk was early April just before ordering my car and before they lastly told me that they recently received a memo saying there has been some production delays in the last couple of weeks ... But then I saw Denver 's post saying that at end of March he had some orders and the clients immediately got production weeks confirmed April and all seems normal unlike what my dealership told me ... so confusing...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 10:53 AM   #62
eddj
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Everything you said is pretty accurate. Nothing is Forsure until it is status 150, 47 is no prob week. 111/112 is scheduled but can still be pushed. 150 means it is locked in and about to build.
Hi Denver

Thanks for the reply! one last question : so 047 status with production # already received means that I have gotten the open allocation for my dealership already ? of even if I received my production # , because my code is 047 that means I still need to wait for an allocation to be given to my dealership and then they assign it to my order ?

Im still unclear on this because I saw a lot of people here saying that whenever you receive a production number# means that you got the allocation under your name/order but never saw a case with production # received but also order status 047 until now...

Also, do you think that if I ordered the car around 16th April with status code 047 but production # received already, should I still have high chances to get a June production week very soon ?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 11:07 AM   #63
Jonesymx29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M240i xDrive

Quote:
Hi Denver

Thanks for the reply! one last question : so 047 status with production # already received means that I have gotten the open allocation for my dealership already ? of even if I received my production # , because my code is 047 that means I still need to wait for an allocation to be given to my dealership and then they assign it to my order ?

Im still unclear on this because I saw a lot of people here saying that whenever you receive a production number# means that you got the allocation under your name/order but never saw a case with production # received but also order status 047 until now...

Also, do you think that if I ordered the car around 16th April with status code 047 but production # received already, should I still have high chances to get a June production week very soon ?
On my paperwork I also have code 047, which reads spec released, no quota available. When putting the deposit down, my CA explained to me that the dealership gets 1 allocation for the M240 per month, and mine would move forward beginning in June, since April and may were already spoken for. We also assumed that the order will actually be MY23 and the next time I plan on meeting with her will be to go through the ordering guide.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 11:44 AM   #64
Denver Coutu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi Denver

Status 47 just means that BMW has received your specs and gave it a prob #.your allocation it is in the system but there is no scheduled production week yet.

As for when your car goes 111, no real way to know. All I can say is the last M240i order our store had go into 111 for June prob was sold April 2, we have two other cars in 47, just depends how many other status 47 cars your store has that was sold before you. you could get June or you could get July, even if you get June or July it could also get pushed further down the line too.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 07:38 PM   #65
eddj
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Status 47 just means that BMW has received your specs and gave it a prob #.your allocation it is in the system but there is no scheduled production week yet.

As for when your car goes 111, no real way to know. All I can say is the last M240i order our store had go into 111 for June prob was sold April 2, we have two other cars in 47, just depends how many other status 47 cars your store has that was sold before you. you could get June or you could get July, even if you get June or July it could also get pushed further down the line too.
Thank you again for all the info Denver! at least I am a tiny bit relieved now that I found out that even if my code is 047 the fact that I have a production # means that I already got the available allocation when ordering the car at the dealer even if they didnt mentioned that to me.
Now I really hope I still have a chance to catch a late June or at least a 1st week of July production date... dont want that 2023 model because of the interior and prolly the longer wait for delivery.

Btw Denver, any internal discussions at your dealership until now that BMW might delay the 2023 MY production start from July to August or September ?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 10:13 PM   #66
Denver Coutu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you again for all the info Denver! at least I am a tiny bit relieved now that I found out that even if my code is 047 the fact that I have a production # means that I already got the available allocation when ordering the car at the dealer even if they didnt mentioned that to me.
Now I really hope I still have a chance to catch a late June or at least a 1st week of July production date... dont want that 2023 model because of the interior and prolly the longer wait for delivery.

Btw Denver, any internal discussions at your dealership until now that BMW might delay the 2023 MY production start from July to August or September ?
Well status 47 means your dealership didnt have an allocation for you and your waiting to get one. Status only happens to unfilled customer orders, dealer inventory is almost never in 47.

Havent heard anything yet on the M240i. Usually the factory switches over for july/august. The 2023 X7 is not being made in july as the factory switches over for the LCI
Appreciate 0