BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

06-07-2022, 08:41 PM   #45
RC84
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E36 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M2  [0.00]
I prefer the "symbolic" shifter. However, I've accepted that I'll likely be getting a MY23. Might as well come to terms w it as it will still be a fantastic daily driver.

Option 2 is an rs3 but those arent easy to find either and i like the idea of 35 to 40 mpg. Pretty set on the m240...just have to be patient.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 09:07 PM   #46
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

I considered the RS3, but can't justify the extra $20k for a daily that will never see a track. Same as spending roughly the same amount for a new M2. I'd want them both saturated in options.

I drive a BRZ now so the M240 is a big step up. Almost double the power with the same, or even better, fuel economy.
Appreciate 1
Kay.Say15.00
      06-07-2022, 10:01 PM   #47
Kay.Say
Kay
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 m240i

After mulling it over A LOT we decided to pull the trigger today and put down a deposit for a 2023 m240i . We are not a fan of idrive8 or the other mid cycle changes, but at the end of the day we decided (or are telling ourselves) that the performance of the vehicle would outweigh our gripes with the interior aesthetics/changes.

For what it's worth we were also told that production has been halted to start preparing for the 2023's but that we should be able to get into production this summer as there was an allocation for early July.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 12:15 PM   #48
Amtip
Rep
Drives: 2020 Subaru WRX

I'm confused here. I spoke to a dealer back in April about ordering one. I was told there was one person in front of me, and they were expecting them to get a June allocation. They never asked for a deposit, just a copy of my ID. Any time I ask the person I'm working with anything they pretty much say they'll be able to answer when I get an allocation and not much else. Should I start looking elsewhere? I don't really want to go with a different dealer because this is the closest one to me and it's already 4 hours away, but if I'm just getting screwed around here I don't know. Everyone else seems to be best friends with their contact, did I just end up with the short end?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 12:18 PM   #49
Jonesymx29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M240i xDrive

I spoke with my CA today, got my build specs for an MY23 M240i xDrive straightened out.

She said to me that she would be getting news of allocations for 23's (sedans and coupes) on Friday, and I'm 2nd on the list. So... I'm hopeful but not expecting anything on the first go-around. Maybe a September build, delivery in October...
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 01:54 PM   #50
OriginalFake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amtip View Post
I'm confused here. I spoke to a dealer back in April about ordering one. I was told there was one person in front of me, and they were expecting them to get a June allocation. They never asked for a deposit, just a copy of my ID. Any time I ask the person I'm working with anything they pretty much say they'll be able to answer when I get an allocation and not much else. Should I start looking elsewhere? I don't really want to go with a different dealer because this is the closest one to me and it's already 4 hours away, but if I'm just getting screwed around here I don't know. Everyone else seems to be best friends with their contact, did I just end up with the short end?
To be fair, there are a handful of us who placed orders (although I put down a deposit) in April and still don't have allocations. And truth be told, you won't really have any updates until you have an allocation so whoever you're talking to isn't wrong.

What kinds of questions are you asking that aren't getting answered at this point?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 02:06 PM   #51
Amtip
Rep
Drives: 2020 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalFake View Post
To be fair, there are a handful of us who placed orders (although I put down a deposit) in April and still don't have allocations. And truth be told, you won't really have any updates until you have an allocation so whoever you're talking to isn't wrong.

What kinds of questions are you asking that aren't getting answered at this point?
The fact I haven't yet gotten an allocation isn't an issue, that's understandable, I was told July and it's not yet July.

No questions were really groundbreaking, I asked if I could get a rough price for installing the CF spoiler, and I asked if he thought it was going to be a 2023 at this point. Again, understandable if he doesn't have the answers for me until he can plug in a VIN or I get an allocation, but it's not like it'd be impossible for him to find out and the few word responses I get make it seem like he doesn't care and/or is putting 0 effort into helping me.

I don't want to be a Karen and demand someone else but I'm definitely feeling like I'm a bother to him or something.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 02:12 PM   #52
MillieMiglia
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesymx29 View Post
I spoke with my CA today, got my build specs for an MY23 M240i xDrive straightened out.

She said to me that she would be getting news of allocations for 23's (sedans and coupes) on Friday, and I'm 2nd on the list. So... I'm hopeful but not expecting anything on the first go-around. Maybe a September build, delivery in October...
I offered a deposit when I placed my order but was told it wasn't necessary. He said if I changed my mind, they won't have any problem selling the car to another customer.

My other half ordered a Mini from the same CA also without a deposit and just took delivery of it last week.
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2022, 02:28 PM   #53
OriginalFake
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The fact I haven't yet gotten an allocation isn't an issue, that's understandable, I was told July and it's not yet July.

No questions were really groundbreaking, I asked if I could get a rough price for installing the CF spoiler, and I asked if he thought it was going to be a 2023 at this point. Again, understandable if he doesn't have the answers for me until he can plug in a VIN or I get an allocation, but it's not like it'd be impossible for him to find out and the few word responses I get make it seem like he doesn't care and/or is putting 0 effort into helping me.

I don't want to be a Karen and demand someone else but I'm definitely feeling like I'm a bother to him or something.
Ahhhh yeah. Your contact should be able to answer those kinds of questions. If you were told you wouldn't get an allocation until July, it's definitely going to be a MY23 either way. But they should be able to get answers on things like the CF spoiler at least.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 08:23 PM   #54
Kay.Say
Kay
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 m240i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalFake View Post

We met with a local dealer and were told no guarantees but that we'd likely be waiting 6-12 months. We also weren't wow'd by the service or product knowledge. After reaching out to another dealership in a neighbouring city we not only were able to take advantage of a summer allocation, but the service has been phenomenal and they have been really great to deal with. While it's not ideal having to make a trip to pick up the car, it's well worth it for the quicker turnaround and service.

Not saying you should definitely switch dealerships, but if you don't feel like your questions aren't being answered or that you're getting the service you'd like, it wouldn't hurt to reach out and see what your other options are!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 07:06 AM   #55
Jonesymx29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillieMiglia View Post
I offered a deposit when I placed my order but was told it wasn't necessary. He said if I changed my mind, they won't have any problem selling the car to another customer.

My other half ordered a Mini from the same CA also without a deposit and just took delivery of it last week.
Can't imagine any dealer gets many of these unspoken for! In fact, I've not seen one (230 or 240) of these in the wild yet. My dealer requires a deposit for a spot in line, and waiting 2 weeks to decide actually let another person hop in line before me.

I'm not in any "rush" to get this delivered, because I still need to sell my GTI and put money aside for a down-payment. Also, waiting longer means a smaller loan at delivery, which I'll appreciate in the long run.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 07:46 AM   #56
OriginalFake
Captain
Rep

Luckily I'm also in the no rush category. I've got another car to drive while I wait for this and like you, the longer the wait, the more money I can put down.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 05:13 AM   #57
Hap
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 240i

Garage List
2018 M240i  [0.00]
yesterday

Got an email from dealer Yesterday stating they were checking on my allocation from BMW ? What should I expect to hear ? Been on order 3 weeks.

Hap
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 08:10 AM   #58
OriginalFake
Captain
Rep

You should cross your fingers that you get one. Some of us have had orders in since the beginning of April (maybe earlier?) and still don't have allocations.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 08:19 AM   #59
LivingInSalt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hap View Post
Got an email from dealer Yesterday stating they were checking on my allocation from BMW ? What should I expect to hear ? Been on order 3 weeks.

Hap
That's a pretty vague statement. I would just call them and ask what that means
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 12:20 PM   #60
silvaquas
Rep
Drives: S2000, F30, G20, G42

Ordered 4/21 and still waiting on allocation...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 01:08 PM   #61
KJ10
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
So I did finally end up getting a call today that they have an allocation available for me but my CA is trying to tell me it would be a MY22 car and is also adamant that MY23 will not have iDrive 8, even texted me a screenshot of a conversation with his area manager saying he does not believe iDrive 8 is coming to the 2 series for MY23. I have been lurking the forums for months and I thought it was a consensus that it will be standard for MY23?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 01:26 PM   #62
Lenny33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTI

Seems clear to me it is idrive 8. Ordering guide says curved screen etc. think your dealership is wrong
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 01:56 PM   #63
KJ10
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny33 View Post
Seems clear to me it is idrive 8. Ordering guide says curved screen etc. think your dealership is wrong
I agree with you, it wasn't worth the argument over the phone for me. I will take either display as I am beyond excited to get this car. For the sake of checking again I did compare what is listed in the 2023 ordering guide. So 6WC is the designation for the curved display? I see for the 3 series is specifically lists curved display as standard separate from 6WC.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 02:00 PM   #64
Lenny33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTI

I believe so but others more knowledgeable than I am.
I have same thought. Just want the car at this point and don’t care about screen 😁
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 02:07 PM   #65
KJ10
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Just peaked my curiosity in the discrepancy. But I am with you, just want the car at this point. I have been waiting for the call I got today since mid March.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 02:08 PM   #66
Lord Two Hats
Product Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i,2022 M240i (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KameronJ10 View Post
So I did finally end up getting a call today that they have an allocation available for me but my CA is trying to tell me it would be a MY22 car and is also adamant that MY23 will not have iDrive 8, even texted me a screenshot of a conversation with his area manager saying he does not believe iDrive 8 is coming to the 2 series for MY23. I have been lurking the forums for months and I thought it was a consensus that it will be standard for MY23?
Tell your CA to go on the BMW UK configurator that already has MY 23's on it and take a look at the 2 series coupe lol
Appreciate 0