BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

09-12-2022, 06:00 AM   #45
spursmat
Rep
Drives: Audi TT Quattro 45

Anyone with a UK spec car got any information on this? My dealer has informed me that I should still expect full Aluminium Rhombicle as per the configurator. ( I have not specced the M door interior lights )
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 06:13 AM   #46
moominter
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursmat View Post
Anyone with a UK spec car got any information on this? My dealer has informed me that I should still expect full Aluminium Rhombicle as per the configurator. ( I have not specced the M door interior lights )
I asked my dealer last week & he got back to me today , seems they don’t know what the dash will come with , seems you can find out spec changes from YouTube & forums way before dealers know anything or even update the configurator, just like the ID8 update , it’s a ridiculous situation & really frustrating for people with cars on order , it’s not really acceptable to just see what you get when it comes .
Appreciate 2
WRS_ATL85.50
TJZ67201843.50
      09-12-2022, 07:08 AM   #47
Fernando_380
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i xDrive

Quote:
I wouldn't imagine it to be any different from what we have seen on the US cars to be honest.
I would ignore the configurator as they seem to have missed a few changes. Seems to be a lack of communication within BMW.

Mine is built and on the way with the likely half and half trim. It looks like the cars will be arriving early to mid October for the first batch to arrive here. People in Europe may get them slightly earlier as ours go to Germany first.

But if they are going to force the M trim inside it's probably due to a shortage of parts for whatever reason.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 07:37 AM   #48
M240SLC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by moominter View Post
Is this a car in the US ?

Yes, it was at BMW of Gwinnett Place in Georgia.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2022, 07:38 AM   #49
Severecorpse
Private
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i MY23

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moominter View Post
Quote:
I asked my dealer last week & he got back to me today , seems they don't know what the dash will come with , seems you can find out spec changes from YouTube & forums way before dealers know anything or even update the configurator, just like the ID8 update , it's a ridiculous situation & really frustrating for people with cars on order , it's not really acceptable to just see what you get when it comes .
I have ordered the Aluminium Rhombicle and really hope it's as per the configurator and not half and half. Again, will find out when my car arrives, now due week 41. Keeps changing between week 40 and week 42.

I've paid for the aluminium to get rid of the easily scratched Piano black, not to end up with it anyway. Fingers crossed! My order doesn't have the M illumination, just the standard ambient lighting.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 07:49 AM   #50
azuki
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i

shit i wouldnt mind that snake skin black rhombicle. that looks awesome. i just checked my garage and i dont see it in added options. is it only for m240i? mine is 230i w/ Aluminum Rhombicle Anthracite option

Last edited by azuki; 09-12-2022 at 07:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 08:03 AM   #51
RC84
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E36 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M2  [0.00]
Do I need to add illuminated M trim to move back to 112 status?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 10:56 AM   #52
M240SLC
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuki View Post
shit i wouldnt mind that snake skin black rhombicle. that looks awesome. i just checked my garage and i dont see it in added options. is it only for m240i? mine is 230i w/ Aluminum Rhombicle Anthracite option
I just went through the configurator and adding Illuminated M Trim was not an available option. This leads me to believe that only the M240i will have the upper trim as shown in the pic I posted.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 10:58 AM   #53
M240SLC
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC84 View Post
Do I need to add illuminated M trim to move back to 112 status?
I don't think so. Illuminated M Trim was just randomly added to my order. Do you have a M240i or 230i? This could be the difference maker in getting it forced upon your order or not.
Appreciate 1
eddj464.50
      09-12-2022, 11:46 AM   #54
azuki
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M240SLC View Post
I just went through the configurator and adding Illuminated M Trim was not an available option. This leads me to believe that only the M240i will have the upper trim as shown in the pic I posted.
hm, reading the illuminated m trim on configurator, it only talks about the driver/passenger door with the m detail, which i don't really care for. hopefully we get concrete details soon
Appreciate 2
      09-12-2022, 12:41 PM   #55
RC84
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E36 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
I don't think so. Illuminated M Trim was just randomly added to my order. Do you have a M240i or 230i? This could be the difference maker in getting it forced upon your order or not.
My order is for the m240.

This thread has gone slightly off topic from the original post and seems to lack any sort of confirmation or clarity regarding the M trim being "forced" on orders.

I think its pretty clear that the illumination will be on the doors and dash (above the glove compartment).
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 12:41 PM   #56
Severecorpse
Private
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i MY23

I've been through the UK, US and German BMW configurators and all three all have the Aluminium Rhombicle trim on the dashboard. All three have the M illumination as a cost option regardless of trim colour and when selected with Aluminium Rhombicle, it still only appears on the doors, not on the dash. So who knows.

I believe I'm in the first batch of UK MY23 cars due 1st / 2nd week of October and I have the Aluminium Rhombicle trim with standard ambient lighting, so will report back if no one gets their UK car before me.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 01:34 PM   #57
PP3121
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuki View Post
hm, reading the illuminated m trim on configurator, it only talks about the driver/passenger door with the m detail, which i don't really care for. hopefully we get concrete details soon
Agreed. I do not really care for the m illumination on the doors. That dash looks really cool with the mix of elements.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, I do not believe I am in the mix for the new trim as my build is close to the port of call on the RCC America.

It will be nice to see images as these cars get delivered. Crazy to think the same model year cars are going to have quite distinct interiors depending on ... well, available parts? Who knows!
Appreciate 1
azuki329.50
      09-12-2022, 01:34 PM   #58
mvd_rsti
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 230i

Garage List
2023 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC84 View Post
So is it confirmed that the M trim is is mandatory on all orders moving forward?

My order moved back to "order received" from 112 status. My CA stayed that the M trim is not the reason for the delay.

I currently have the standard illuminated trim on my order.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PP3121 View Post
Agreed. I do not really care for the m illumination on the doors. That dash looks really cool with the mix of elements.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, I do not believe I am in the mix for the new trim as my build is close to the port of call on the RCC America.

It will be nice to see images as these cars get delivered. Crazy to think the same model year cars are going to have quite distinct interiors depending on ... well, available parts? Who knows!

So I just got off the phone with BMW Genius. The agent over the phone confirmed that per the updated ordering guide starting on 7 Sept all m240i and 230i with Code ZMP (M Sport Package) will automatically add code 43A (Illuminated M Trim). So if the car wasn't in production by then, it's likely it'll be added regardless if you had it on your order or not, since it wasn't even an available option for the 230i per the 1 July ordering guide when I got my allocation. Additionally, my 230i production date got pushed back once again, from week 40 to week 41 (originally week 38 allocation), so wouldn't be surprised if others here do as well.

Last edited by mvd_rsti; 09-12-2022 at 01:40 PM..
Appreciate 4
PP3121357.50
azuki329.50
tdfn42637.00
TJZ67201843.50
      09-12-2022, 06:08 PM   #59
spursmat
Rep
Drives: Audi TT Quattro 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severecorpse View Post
I've been through the UK, US and German BMW configurators and all three all have the Aluminium Rhombicle trim on the dashboard. All three have the M illumination as a cost option regardless of trim colour and when selected with Aluminium Rhombicle, it still only appears on the doors, not on the dash. So who knows.

I believe I'm in the first batch of UK MY23 cars due 1st / 2nd week of October and I have the Aluminium Rhombicle trim with standard ambient lighting, so will report back if no one gets their UK car before me.
I think we are all in the same boat waiting to see what turns up. In just a few months as a group we’ve all gone from wondering what screens we are getting to what dashboards we are getting! I personally like the M illuminated dash but I will be happy with anything as long as it isn’t gloss black! Hopefully you will have your car soon and will enjoy it regardless how it turns out but I will be curious to see what you end up with!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 12:47 PM   #60
tdfn426
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 230i, F48 X1

US configurator now shows the M dash for 230i M sport in static images with gloss black trim (but not in the 3D render). Anthracite Rhombicle just shows a blank void so thinking its being updated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 01:01 PM   #61
Vaticous
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2 (Ordered)

I just finalized and ordered my M240i (non xDrive) today and I can confirm that the Illuminated M Trim was mandatory with the Black High Gloss Trim. I cannot say the same for the other interior trim option.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 04:59 PM   #62
donm527
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet Z06

I'm sorry but still kinda new hear and do not fully understand the M illuminated dash trim...

Does having the M illuminated trim mean you are stuck with the three color lighting on the door and dash trim? Or can you still customize the ambient lighting to a color of your choice?

Thx.

Quote:
I think we are all in the same boat waiting to see what turns up. In just a few months as a group we’ve all gone from wondering what screens we are getting to what dashboards we are getting! I personally like the M illuminated dash but I will be happy with anything as long as it isn’t gloss black! Hopefully you will have your car soon and will enjoy it regardless how it turns out but I will be curious to see what you end up with!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 05:37 PM   #63
jay1k2
Private
Rep
Drives: '23 BG G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
I'm sorry but still kinda new hear and do not fully understand the M illuminated dash trim...

Does having the M illuminated trim mean you are stuck with the three color lighting on the door and dash trim? Or can you still customize the ambient lighting to a color of your choice?

Thx.
Someone posted a picture on page 2 of the lighting changed to a solid color so it appears you can adjust it.
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2022, 06:09 PM   #64
LivingInSalt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1k2 View Post
Someone posted a picture on page 2 of the lighting changed to a solid color so it appears you can adjust it.
That car does not have the illuminated trim though
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 08:10 AM   #65
KJ10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by donm527 View Post

Thx.
You are stuck with three colors on dash and doors. You can still change the ambient lighting color for other areas of illumination but I can tell you it is not much.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 10:03 AM   #66
moominter
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severecorpse View Post

My dealer still has no idea how my car will arrive but another dealer has sent me some photos of a car thats just arrived in the UK with the Rhombicle trim but gloss black on the dash with the dots lighting in it , i assume if the M accents are ordered it will like the photos & not the configurator .
Appreciate 0