home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

08-20-2023, 10:09 PM   #1
laughMan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 6sp AW/Cognac

pricing on new m2

i am thinking about put in an order for m2?
what is the current situation on pricing?
are dealers taking msrp? or $1-2k off msrp?

i am in boston area.

thanks!
Appreciate 2
      08-20-2023, 10:19 PM   #2
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by twlai View Post

i am in boston area.

thanks!

You should be able to find at msrp. Very very few to none offering under msrp. Some still charging an ADM/markup up to $5,000+ (I believe some places are even up to $10,000 over msrp).

Last edited by M_Power Rob; 08-20-2023 at 10:43 PM..
Appreciate 2
      08-20-2023, 10:26 PM   #3
Squidget
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87, 2011 E90 335i

I see you are also in MA. You can absolutely get an M2 at MSRP heah for yah cah.
Appreciate 2
      08-20-2023, 11:48 PM   #4
laughMan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidget View Post
I see you are also in MA. You can absolutely get an M2 at MSRP heah for yah cah.
thanks!
that’s good to know l!
hate to pay for dealer mark up.

a local dealership told me the wait is still around 6 months now over email, but won’t tell me the price until i go in person into the dealership….

now i know what to expect and when to walk!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 12:16 AM   #5
Squidget
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
thanks!
that’s good to know l!
hate to pay for dealer mark up.

a local dealership told me the wait is still around 6 months now over email, but won’t tell me the price until i go in person into the dealership….

now i know what to expect and when to walk!
No idea why they'd want you to go physically into the dealership, unless they just want to upsell you. I don't think I went into the dealership until I did financing.

OK, I did go in to test drive an M2 they had on the lot, but that's all.

And any dealer who won't give you a price, nah I'd deal with none of that. If you are doing a customer-ordered build, they should be able to tell you ADM and deposit numbers straight up. Obviously the MSRP you can determine yourself with the online configurator.

Even email is kinda old-fashioned. I did pretty much everything over texts with my CA.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 12:37 AM   #6
laughMan
Private
Rep

i asked to schedule a test drive, but i was told none is available for test drive.
right now, i am putting my order in solely based on youtube review and bmw reputation….

i would have put in my order sooner, but it took me a few
months to get used to the ugly front bumper, now is not so ugly anymore . 😅

Quote:
No idea why they'd want you to go physically into the dealership, unless they just want to upsell you. I don't think I went into the dealership until I did financing.

OK, I did go in to test drive an M2 they had on the lot, but that's all.

And any dealer who won't give you a price, nah I'd deal with none of that. If you are doing a customer-ordered build, they should be able to tell you ADM and deposit numbers straight up. Obviously the MSRP you can determine yourself with the online configurator.

Even email is kinda old-fashioned. I did pretty much everything over texts with my CA.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 12:43 AM   #7
Squidget
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
i asked to schedule a test drive, but i was told none is available for test drive.
right now, i am putting my order in solely based on youtube review and bmw reputation….

i would have put in my order sooner, but it took me a few
months to get used to the ugly front bumper, now is not so ugly anymore . 😅
Hey, at least you have a GR86 to hoon around in until you get an M2
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 05:42 AM   #8
laughMan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hey, at least you have a GR86 to hoon around in until you get an M2
😭 not anymore! i sold my gr86 already!

but i may get another one in the future, really like that car!
really fun car that i can push and have fun without getting into trouble on the street.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 06:09 AM   #9
Jackie Chiles
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Quote:

i am in boston area.

thanks!
Lots of good advice here, but let me add one more thing:

Some dealers will claim that they will sell you an M2 at MSRP, but when they send you the details that include ridiculous charges for window etching, document storage fees, etc. That is exactly what happened to me with a dealer in Connecticut who tried to gouge me for $1300 above MSRP for those phantom charges.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor by refusing to pay for that bullshit.
2023 M4CX - RIP - WGI Turn 9
2024 M4CX - Week 39
Appreciate 2
      08-21-2023, 08:23 AM   #10
Vinknee
Private
Rep
Drives: '24 M2 | '14 Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Lots of good advice here, but let me add one more thing:

Some dealers will claim that they will sell you an M2 at MSRP, but when they send you the details that include ridiculous charges for window etching, document storage fees, etc. That is exactly what happened to me with a dealer in Connecticut who tried to gouge me for $1300 above MSRP for those phantom charges.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor by refusing to pay for that bullshit.
+1
Ask what their dealer fees/non-optional costs are. One dealer in NJ said that they're selling for MSRP, then 15 minutes later mentioned the $5k non-negotiable ceramic coating.

No one is deeply discounting these cars (yet?), I've tried. Maybe you'll save a few bucks if you really hunt, but I'd be surprised if you could get much more than a few hundred bucks.
      08-21-2023, 09:20 AM   #11
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:

i am in boston area.

thanks!
No ordering experience. But for the M2 HEA car on its way to a 200 mile distant dealer and a car that I wanted to buy the back and forth with the dealer there was no ADM (was none to begin with IIRC). Tint, some kind of interior treatment, and nitrogen filled tires all adding around $1500 to the car I declined. When the salesman insisted these are required I told him then I was not interested in buying the car and would buy elsewhere.

So I got the car at sticker with a $499 fee.

I made sure all details on the quote form were filled in and correct. My name, address, phone number, the VIN of the car, and other details. Price. Add-ons ($0). Fees. No sales tax was collected. That I would pay here in AR after I get the manufacturer's title. Oh, and my trade in (2022 BMW 230i) details were listed and the trade in value -- subject to inspection. (I had sent a number of pictures of the 230i to the dealer so it had those to go by. At least initially.)

Salesman said a partial payment was required. Seem to recall it was $2000. After I checked and double checked the quote form I wrote that I agreed to the deal with the numbers on the form and supplied my AMEX card info for the dealer to use for the partial payment. I added I'd pay the balance with a personal check drawn on my AR bank and supplied the name, address, phone number of the bank. Scanned this document and emailed the salesman a PDF of the document.

Seem to recall I got word back the deal was good to go. A few days later, maybe almost a week later, I called the dealer/salesman about the partial payment. It had not been processed. Salesman said thanks and later than day I got an alert from AMEX a $2000 charge with card not present had been made.

About a month later (about April 14) dealer called and said I could come up and complete buying the car. Pretty much the hard work had already been done.

Not quite apples to apples but more recently my sister visited the local BMW dealer and built and ordered a 2023 X4 M40i. No ADM. No goofy dealer installed options. I don't recall the price but it was sticker. She had a trade in that she was quoted a tentative trade in value which was on par with what her research indicated was market.

Vehicle arrived after a couple of months and completing the purchase was just a formality. Hand over keys/title to trade in. Sign some forms. Make out a check. Done.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 10:09 AM   #12
CodeSlinger
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '17 Macan GTS

Where in Mass are you located? I ordered mine from BMW Peabody and had a ok experience, they should be MSRP now, though I doubt you could get much of a discount.
'17 Macan GTS + '23 M2 (MT)
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 12:13 PM   #13
laughMan
Private
Rep

thank you everyone for the advice!

Went down to dealer, and just put a deposit down for msrp.
$1300 ceramic coating was included in the initial pricing, but they gladly removed it for me.

i didn’t go to bmw peabody, i went the other bmw dealer in boston…the experience was good, very easy to deal with so far.

and they got an allocation for me right away.
Instead of 6month from the email, wait time is 4 months now, which i wasn’t expected.

i don’t want want to take delivery of a M2 in the middle of the winter 😂

oh well…. it will be hard to look at the car everyday but cannot drive it 😅

i
Appreciate 2
apez654.50
Squidget3533.50
      08-21-2023, 12:46 PM   #14
Vinknee
Private
Rep
Drives: '24 M2 | '14 Cayenne

Quote:
thank you everyone for the advice!

Went down to dealer, and just put a deposit down for msrp.
$1300 ceramic coating was included in the initial pricing, but they gladly removed it for me.

i didn’t go to bmw peabody, i went the other bmw dealer in boston…the experience was good, very easy to deal with so far.

and they got an allocation for me right away.
Instead of 6month from the email, wait time is 4 months now, which i wasn’t expected.

i don’t want want to take delivery of a M2 in the middle of the winter ��

oh well…. it will be hard to look at the car everyday but cannot drive it ��

i
Congrats on avoiding the wait! Sounds like I'll be in a similar boat as you (both for the car and delivery date )

Did they give you your estimated build week and a production number so you can track online?
AFAIK new allocations haven't dropped yet so sounds like north east dealers are starting to get more allocations than they have a waitlist for
      08-21-2023, 01:15 PM   #15
Dynamic_m235
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i xDrive

Mine was ordered in the beginning on June and it’s about to be here end of this week/ sometime next week so🤷🏻‍♂️
Appreciate 1