home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

08-30-2023, 07:57 PM   #1
Fun2ridefast
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ford Mustang Roush Phase 2

New guy here

I'm going to purchase an M2 so I figured this is the best place to get educated. I'm currently driving a Mustang GT that I've done extensive work to but I've had it for six years and it's time to move on. I haven't seen the M2 in person because no dealership in my area has one; they're in transit. I've watched every video and was blown away by the record set at the Ring. I can't seem to find a full list of M Performance options for the car. I understand that if ordering a car M Performance Parts can be added when the car is built. I also read last week that more color options will be added? Anyway, my names Mike and thanks in advance for any information. BTW, I think those carbon fiber appendages they stuck all over the Orange M2 in the YouTube videos are atrocious.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2023, 08:11 PM   #2
clydefrog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Subaru BRZ, G87 M2

Garage List
2024 BMW G87 M2  [0.00]
2013 Subaru BRZ  [0.00]
Welcome!

This thread has a lot of information on what's available for port install along with pricing.

If you're not in a rush I would wait until it's clear what they're doing for MY25 as that's supposed to be when they're tuning in a bit more power and adding a few colors like Voodoo Blue. 2025 models will start production in August 2024.

Colors seem to be still unconfirmed and still seem like rumors based on insider info. I'm sure we'll find out more pretty soon.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2023, 10:18 PM   #3
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87, 2018 Mustang GT traded in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2ridefast View Post
I'm going to purchase an M2 so I figured this is the best place to get educated. I'm currently driving a Mustang GT that I've done extensive work to but I've had it for six years and it's time to move on. I haven't seen the M2 in person because no dealership in my area has one; they're in transit. I've watched every video and was blown away by the record set at the Ring. I can't seem to find a full list of M Performance options for the car. I understand that if ordering a car M Performance Parts can be added when the car is built. I also read last week that more color options will be added? Anyway, my names Mike and thanks in advance for any information. BTW, I think those carbon fiber appendages they stuck all over the Orange M2 in the YouTube videos are atrocious.
Welcome Mike. I too am coming from a modded GT. While we are giving up a bit of straight line raw power and exhaust note, the G87 has a much more refined power delivery, smaller and lighter footprint and the interior is hands down superior. In short its an upgrade I'm happy to make. The new colors you speak of are just the 2 frozen colors available on Nov and later production dates. As mentioned you can also wait until next year for the MY25 with a slight bump in power and additional colors. For the M performance parts you are talking about you can get them port installed. This can be advantageous since they are considered oem and covered under warranty. Exactly why I added the MP HAS for example for a port installed option.
Appreciate 2
      08-31-2023, 08:50 AM   #4
M2PDX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Lots of good info here. (And a bit of drama too).

My recommendation ... Buy one as soon as you can. The 2023-2024 is underrated by BMW, and most dynos seem to peg it around 472 hp. So the 2025 "bump in power" appears to be simple BMW marketing.

It's the last of the fully ICE M cars with a 6MT. Put one in your garage now!
Appreciate 0