E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E92 EWS-DDE Resync

Today, 09:26 AM   #1
Zkinla
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

E92 EWS-DDE Resync

INPA Knowledge could help me?

First off apologies for amateur questions but need to get started somewhere.

I have a 2011 E92 335D.

Battery had been going flat for about 2 weeks, Would jump start but battery was only lasting 2-3 days then would need jump again.

Was supposed to be taking to garage on the Monday to check alternator/battery health but in the mean time thought I’d upgrade my headlights. Car jumped fine, Completed headlight job then went to start car after and it was dead again.. attached jump cables and tried to start but would only crank.. i then tried charging up battery and even hooked up jump leads with charged battery but still nothing..

Tried to scan codes but couldn’t get a read probably due to battery voltage too low.

Ended up going out to buy a new battery, Hooked it up but still won’t start, Was able to read codes with new battery and noticed 4a63 EWS Manipulation code.

Now I didn’t register battery yet as was told the car should still start even without registration but will just need to be done after.

After a bit of research I’m guessing EWS has desynced due to battery being flat.

Have read a ton of posts on bmw forums etc and SEEMS to be a pretty simple fix with INPA providing it’s done properly and that this is the problem causing it to not start.

Couldn’t find any autolecs or mechanics that could fix it due to being either fully booked until end of November or just straight up said they can’t do the job.

Have decided to try fix it myself with INPA. Now I’m aware I don’t have any experience with this sort of thing but am still wanting to learn & have a go at sorting it myself.. (maybe a stupid idea but we shall see ��)

Have got myself a KDCAN Cable and BMW Standard tools installed & setup. Cable is setup to COM1 & latency 1msec.

I’m just wanting to know a few little things before i try connect and resync.

When i click (e90) on INPA I open up engine and get the list of engine options for m57:

DDE 5.0 for M57 TU
Or
DDE 6 for M57TOP / M57TU2

Now I’m struggling to find which is the appropriate one for my engine. I believe I have an M57n2 in my 2011 e92 335d. after checking my VIN. I’ve found a few pages that mention something about DDE 7 for my engine type but I don’t have that on my list and still not entirely sure if this is the one I need or not

Could anyone enlighten me on which DDE 5,6,7 I need to be going into to resync the EWS.

Any help would be highly appreciated

Last edited by Zkinla; Today at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0