10-06-2022, 11:41 AM   #331
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Were these the shots that you saw months ago when you gave those first impressions before anyone had seen the car?
Nope, I saw completely different pictures a person I know took when the car first arrived in the USA. They were up close shots of the front bumper and side of the car. Rear still had the car cover on it so they couldn't get any pics of it
      10-06-2022, 11:42 AM   #332
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmmmM2 View Post
He was banned looks like.
AFAIK evo213f10 is not banned.

He deleted at his own initiative a couple of his latest comments.

Reminder for all about trolling, inciting, soapboxing:
      10-06-2022, 11:45 AM   #333
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk95 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo213f10 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo213f10 View Post
Who cares. It's fugly.
What ? Is it giving you the Zandvoort Blues ?
It's fugly. Of course......😆 Y'all need some glasses......🤦
Here are the stages of what's gonna happen:

Pre-reveal - Blurry bad-angled leaked pictures:

Reveal day - very first impressions:

Reveal day and subsequent days - second impressions:

Seeing it up close in real life:
I get where you're coming from but it shouldn't take a few days/weeks of "getting used to it". There's plenty of vehicles of years past that we're immediately well received in both pre-reveal and post launch.

I was on the hype train for this car for so long too. I just find it odd that we're normalizing the process of changing our expectations to match whatever BMW decides to throw at us
People criticize that we shouldn't change our expectations based on what we have seen or what BMW gives us, and that we shouldn't "conform". If you don't like the leaked pics and are that upset as you say you are, pull your allocation and hop off the thread ? because if you hang around then you're just contradicting your own opinion
Lol in what way do I seem "upset"? You're missing the point- what I said applies to any car of this caliber, not just the upcoming M2. I'm not telling you or anyone else what to like/dislike or agree w my POV. Thankfully this is a forum for discussions where people express their thoughts & opinions. Novel idea huh

If you've been around long enough you'd already know I've always been very optimistic about the G87. Not once have I hated on anyone for what they like, the G80/82 included.

And even tho I've pulled my deposit (which I put down 6 months ago fyi), doesn't mean I can't still be active on here while we wait for the full reveal. Idk why people can't question something on here without instantly being labeled as a hater
Appreciate 2
Poochie9104.50
      10-06-2022, 11:46 AM   #334
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
How many new car introductions are love at first sight really? The only recent new unveiling I can think of that where the styling was universally loved was the Lotus Emira. Most of today's new designs all have bits you can nitpick and plenty look better the more you see them especially in person.
Porsche GT4 RS (a friend of mine has one - what a motoring marvel).
      10-06-2022, 11:49 AM   #335
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
How many new car introductions are love at first sight really? The only recent new unveiling I can think of that where the styling was universally loved was the Lotus Emira. Most of today's new designs all have bits you can nitpick and plenty look better the more you see them especially in person.
Agreed. Also the GT3 for me and Lotus Emira. I also really loved what Cadillac did w the new black wings and the new Z06 C8.
Appreciate 1
M3 boi3211.00
      10-06-2022, 12:03 PM   #336
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
And even tho I've pulled my deposit (which I put down 6 months ago fyi), doesn't mean I can't still be active on here while we wait for the full reveal. Idk why people can't question something on here without instantly being labeled as a hater
IMHO a valid point.

Generally speaking, a marriage not materializing after being engaged for some time, does not as such imply a deep-rooted dislike for each other. Just that the persons were/are not meant to be together for future personal endeavors. Honestly managing expectations and purposes is the right thing to do. The break-up doesn't disqualify the couple to express personal views in a respectful way about/to each other.

Regret is common sense that comes too late. Life's too short, so better make the best of it.
M3 boi3211.00
Poochie9104.50
      10-06-2022, 03:13 PM   #337
rk95
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Lmao y'all are wild on this forum 🤣
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 04:22 PM   #338
ronin13013
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

iterations

I don't gt4 rs fits. Its changed very slowly since the 981 to 718 gt4 to 718 gt4 rs Completely different approach.
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 04:50 PM   #339
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
I get where you're coming from but it shouldn't take a few days/weeks of "getting used to it". There's plenty of vehicles of years past that we're immediately well received in both pre-reveal and post launch.

I was on the hype train for this car for so long too. I just find it odd that we're normalizing the process of changing our expectations to match whatever BMW decides to throw at us
+1

I don't know that I've ever loved everything about a car, regardless of its performance potential, price point, manufacturer, etc. I love the GT3, for example, but I don't love everything about it. I really don't care for the looks of the GT3RS at all, but I dislike it less today than I did a few months ago. Talk about a car "growing on you." It's not only a BMW phenomenon.
Appreciate 1
PLF693767.50
      10-08-2022, 12:18 PM   #340
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Yes, baby blue.
Don't let my Chapel Hill Alum wife see you calling it baby blue.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 12:23 PM   #341
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

The only thing REALLY appealing about this car to me the price point. It beats dishing out major dough for a 911.

Even though I don't hate the design. And I think it's a necessary evolution that will eventually pay off in the next model (like the e60->f10->f90)....I can't get past the boy racer SCION like vibes this ones giving off. Don't get me wrong....it looks very BMW. But the F87 felt strong and muscular but also stately and restrained.

Just can't see this thing in my driveway.

I also quit the G80 forum because I couldn't stand the grill nonsense after awhile. And if I buy a G87 I'd have to quit this forum too lol. And I don't want to do that.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2022, 03:48 PM   #342
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:

IMHO a valid point.

Generally speaking, a marriage not materializing after being engaged for some time, does not as such imply a deep-rooted dislike for each other. Just that the persons were/are not meant to be together for future personal endeavors. Honestly managing expectations and purposes is the right thing to do. The break-up doesn't disqualify the couple to express personal views in a respectful way about/to each other.

Regret is common sense that comes too late. Life's too short, so better make the best of it.
Hear hear Artemis

Fun fact: if you live to the tender old age of 100, you will have lived one seventy one billionth of the age of the universe - that is 1/71,000,000,000.

Do you wish to waste such a short life, in the grand scheme of things, on arguing about petty nonsense? Move on, enjoy life while you can still breathe.
      10-09-2022, 05:04 PM   #343
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Hear hear Artemis

Fun fact: if you live to the tender old age of 100, you will have lived one seventy one billionth of the age of the universe - that is 1/71,000,000,000.
Actually, it ain't the number but the quality that matters most: what you did to get the best out of your personal 'timeline'.

To some extent, we're all just passengers here, collecting life stories, some of those maybe confided someday also to our grandchildren, with reminiscent half-shut eyes and a mischievous grin whilst rocking our rocking chairs.

Name:  Alps_2017.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  417.3 KB
KevM2723.50
      10-09-2022, 07:34 PM   #344
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Hear hear Artemis

Actually, it ain't the number but the quality that matters most: what you did to get the best out of your personal 'timeline'.

To some extent, we're all just passengers here, collecting life stories, some of those maybe confided someday also to our grandchildren, with reminiscent half-shut eyes and a mischievous grin whilst rocking our rocking chairs.

Attachment 3003762
Just when I think you can't top your last comment Artemis, you come up with one even more sage than the previous one.

Yes indeed, life is like a game of poker; though you may have no influence over what cards you've been dealt with, how you play those cards, is entirely your choice - so put on your best poker face, and go to battle like there's no tomorrow.
      10-09-2022, 08:04 PM   #345
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSee View Post
Somewhere around here I posted that it reminded me of Carolina Blue. Fellow Alum. I will not be ordering ZB though.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2022, 09:54 PM   #346
soflacarguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: g42 (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSee View Post
Quote:
Yes, baby blue.
I thought everyone already agreed its not baby blue.

It's sand fart blue.

Appreciate 1
      10-10-2022, 04:44 AM   #347
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soflacarguy View Post
I thought everyone already agreed its not baby blue.

It's sand fart blue.

"Zandvoort Blue":
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:
I hear Sanford...
Dutch pronunciation:

The "a" of "Zandvoort" is pronounced like the "a" in "park", "bark", "Bart" or "fart".

The "oo" in "Zandvoort" is pronounced like the "o" in "vortex", "abort", "sport" or "more" (actually, pronounce "vortex" without "ex", or "Vord" instead of "Ford", and you're rather close).

Pronunciation in the US risks to be "Sand Ford" or "Sand Fart"...
      10-11-2022, 08:40 PM   #348
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3, X7, MY

Garage List
24 BMW M3  [10.00]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
"Zandvoort Blue":
I laughed out loud at this little write up

Then I googled this:

https://youglish.com/pronounce/zandvoort/german
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 09:14 PM   #349
donm527
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet Z06

What is the color of that car in the pic??

I really am disappointed in the color choices available on these cars. That would be a fantastic color on the G42 and show the lines of the car so much better.

Quote:

Attachment 3003762
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 09:32 PM   #350
FrankieNuo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23' G80

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [8.36]
Quote:
Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
What is the color of that car in the pic??

I really am disappointed in the color choices available on these cars. That would be a fantastic color on the G42 and show the lines of the car so much better.

Quote:

Attachment 3003762
That's mineral grey, there were about 1 million cars produced in mineral grey.
Appreciate 0