BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

04-06-2024, 01:55 PM   #67
Squidget
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87, 2011 E90 335i

G87 is my daily driver. I think it's great. I really like idrive 8 and the wide display, personally.

My only real dings are lack of dynamic cruise, and that normal cruise kicks you out of Sport mode.

I test drove carbon buckets and found them uncomfortable because I drive MT. The center bolster suuuuucks if you are driving stick. I love the normal sports seats.
Appreciate 2
      04-08-2024, 12:34 AM   #68
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidget View Post
G87 is my daily driver. I think it's great. I really like idrive 8 and the wide display, personally.

My only real dings are lack of dynamic cruise, and that normal cruise kicks you out of Sport mode.

I test drove carbon buckets and found them uncomfortable because I drive MT. The center bolster suuuuucks if you are driving stick. I love the normal sports seats.
By dynamic cruise, do you mean adaptive or what BMW calls active cruise? Also the cruise control (I have active cruise) does not kick you out of Sport mode, it does change the display to the "Road" display, but the car is still in Sport mode if that's what was set.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 11:42 AM   #69
deneed4spd
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 OG<E90 328i<E36 328i

One thing I don’t think anyone called out which happened to my kids in my old F87OG. My kids who were 4 and 7 complained about getting car sick. I think sitting low in the back with a very small side window, with a bouncy ride led to my kids feeling car sick on longer rides.
Appreciate 2
JMcLellan2072.00
ayilar16.00
      04-08-2024, 12:04 PM   #70
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneed4spd View Post
One thing I don’t think anyone called out which happened to my kids in my old F87OG. My kids who were 4 and 7 complained about getting car sick. I think sitting low in the back with a very small side window, with a bouncy ride led to my kids feeling car sick on longer rides.
This is a good callout.

I have a large plastic cup in my backseat for my youngest (8 years old) in case he gets car sick. He has mentioned feeling a little car sick riding in the back.
ayilar16.00
      04-08-2024, 01:23 PM   #71
toprarnen
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneed4spd View Post
You sure it's not your driving? 😝
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 02:38 PM   #72
Kev.k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW Amarok Highline

I went to look at a voodoo blue g80 today and a M2 was parked next to it in the showroom.

I love the g80 arches but voodoo blue doesn’t show them off as good other colours and the m2 arches looked mental in comparison.

Has anyone used one of these as a daily through winter in colder states or the U.K.?

F80 would genuinely scare the shit outta me in really cold, wet weather now n then.
Appreciate 1
Ronin76773.00
      04-08-2024, 03:17 PM   #73
Ronin76
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.k View Post
I went to look at a voodoo blue g80 today and a M2 was parked next to it in the showroom.

I love the g80 arches but voodoo blue doesn’t show them off as good other colours and the m2 arches looked mental in comparison.

Has anyone used one of these as a daily through winter in colder states or the U.K.?

F80 would genuinely scare the shit outta me in really cold, wet weather now n then.
Wish you would have taken a pic of the voodoo blue G80. That is one of the rumored colors for 2025.
Appreciate 1
BroDoze207.50
      04-08-2024, 07:22 PM   #74
Squidget
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87, 2011 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
By dynamic cruise, do you mean adaptive or what BMW calls active cruise? Also the cruise control (I have active cruise) does not kick you out of Sport mode, it does change the display to the "Road" display, but the car is still in Sport mode if that's what was set.
Yeah, it's a terminology thing. Active cruise. Not available on MT (I may have forgot to say that part).

Yep, "Sport Mode" IS the display stuff in BMW's own weird jargon. The performance stuff (damping, brakes, etc.) is called "settings." No idea why.

As an example, you can't display the tachometer on the HUD (a feature of Sport Mode) while using cruise control.
Appreciate 1
M2siast5883.50
      04-08-2024, 07:27 PM   #75
Kev.k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW Amarok Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin76 View Post
Wish you would have taken a pic of the voodoo blue G80. That is one of the rumored colors for 2025.
I’m not usually a fan of blue on m cars but I really like voodoo blue.

Weird situation in the U.K. atm. New cars are cheaper than used due to discounts and 4.9% on new cars and 10.9% on used.

I was hoping they might move on price a lil bit as I don’t need finance.

See what they say tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
Ronin76773.00
      04-08-2024, 08:50 PM   #76
m2not1LE
Private
Rep
Drives: GTI, M2 (on order)

Quote:
I’m not usually a fan of blue on m cars but I really like voodoo blue.

Weird situation in the U.K. atm. New cars are cheaper than used due to discounts and 4.9% on new cars and 10.9% on used.

I was hoping they might move on price a lil bit as I don’t need finance.

See what they say tomorrow.
Which cars are you a fan, particularly within the M2's price range?

Yes they could do more, including an extra overdrive ratio (e.g., 0.58:1 per my mechanical engineer calculations) and should also be equipping these cars with a dual (port and direct, such as Toyota's outstanding D-4S) fuel injection system even though they don't.

But if they did they'd charged more money, which I'd gladly pay but others may not.

Related link here:

https://www.tomorrowstechnician.com/...-why-not-both/
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 08:50 PM   #77
LAGWAGN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 M Roadster, '24 BSM M2

Quote:
I feel compelled to respond here. I’ve heard plenty about how annoying the carbon buckets are with a manual and want to offer a counter opinion.

I put on 300 miles in the last week in a manual with carbons. Zero issues and can already tell I’m going to be glad I got them. On top of that, it is 1 week after a vesectomy. If you’re on the fence, test drive a car with them or rent one on Turo. Source: 6”1” 180lb neutered male.
      04-08-2024, 09:18 PM   #78
JABCAT
Professor
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, it's a terminology thing. Active cruise. Not available on MT (I may have forgot to say that part).

Yep, "Sport Mode" IS the display stuff in BMW's own weird jargon. The performance stuff (damping, brakes, etc.) is called "settings." No idea why.

As an example, you can't display the tachometer on the HUD (a feature of Sport Mode) while using cruise control.
I do find it annoying that it changes the display out of Sport when you activate cruise. I prefer the standard cruise to the Active Cruise. Even set on the closest distance setting it allows too much space between you & the vehicle in front allowing others to cut in which slows you down even more. It applies the brakes in situations where you could just let off the gas to allow the car to slow, and it accelerates too slowly after a car gets out of your way.

I drove the same 250 mi trip every weekend in my 330e with standard cruise and could basically control the vehicle with the cancel/resume buttons and the speed dial. Can't really do that with the Active Cruise.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 09:20 PM   #79
JABCAT
Professor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGWGN View Post
I feel compelled to respond here. I’ve heard plenty about how annoying the carbon buckets are with a manual and want to offer a counter opinion.

I put on 300 miles in the last week in a manual with carbons. Zero issues and can already tell I’m going to be glad I got them. On top of that, it is 1 week after a vesectomy. If you’re on the fence, test drive a car with them or rent one on Turo. Source: 6”1” 180lb neutered male.
I sat in a car with the carbon buckets and my legs are too big. Glad I didn't buy one with them before actually trying them.
Appreciate 1
ayilar16.00
      04-09-2024, 11:55 AM   #80
DSTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M240iX / 23 M2 Tor-Red

Quote:

Germany. Daily. No issues. Stock wheels x2 sets. Michelin winter tires in stock size same as summer. Drive rationally for the conditions or if dreadful work from home as an option for me. Daily driver no problem.
Appreciate 2
ayilar16.00
Kev.k12.00