Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Heading to Spartenburg in June - trip suggestions?

Hey yall! I am heading to Spartanburg in the middle of June for an M car day!!

I see big plant tours are down, but I would LOVE feedback from anyone who has been at the Zentrum, to give suggestions of what to do and where to go? I can be in town for a few days with a buddy, and want to make the most of the trip!

Thanks!
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 09:49 PM   #2
Backroads Bimmer
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Go to the bmw foundation ultimate driving museum. It's close enough you can see it from parts of the performance center. I went to Blue Ridge brewing company and Hans and Franz biergarten for dinner while I was at the performance center. My wife and I liked both restaurants. The Marriott in Greenville does discounted rates for bmw cca members if you call them. The Marriott puts you less than 15 minutes drive to the Zentrum. If you are staying at the Marriott in Greenville they have a cars and coffee type meet on Saturdays in the parking lot of the Michelin tires building next to the hotel. Palmetto state armory is also not far from the Zentrum or the Marriott if that is something you would be interested in.
Appreciate 3
      04-07-2024, 09:52 PM   #3
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroads Bimmer View Post
Go to the bmw foundation ultimate driving museum. It's close enough you can see it from parts of the performance center. I went to Blue Ridge brewing company and Hans and Franz biergarten for dinner while I was at the performance center. My wife and I liked both restaurants. The Marriott in Greenville does discounted rates for bmw cca members if you call them. The Marriott puts you less than 15 minutes drive to the Zentrum. If you are staying at the Marriott in Greenville they have a cars and coffee type meet on Saturdays in the parking lot of the Michelin tires building next to the hotel. Palmetto state armory is also not far from the Zentrum or the Marriott if that is something you would be interested in.
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 08:41 AM   #4
CadolinaRipr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
Hey yall! I am heading to Spartanburg in the middle of June for an M car day!!

I see big plant tours are down, but I would LOVE feedback from anyone who has been at the Zentrum, to give suggestions of what to do and where to go? I can be in town for a few days with a buddy, and want to make the most of the trip!

Thanks!
Here are some of my pics. I am fairly local if you want to grab a beer and I am around, first one is on me

Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      04-08-2024, 09:24 PM   #5
BRAKE!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4

Greer and Spartanburg is kind of a dead place. I stayed in downtown Greenville w/ plenty to do there - shopping, restaurants, bars, etc. Many areas are strip malls and so you're not going to get any historical feel. There are plenty of golf courses around if you're into that.

The BMW CCA National headquarters are nearby. They always have an exhibit you can pay to check out. It's good to do once, but to be honest, if you decide not to do it, you won't be missing much.

Personally, I would call up the BMW driving school and ask if one of the instructors will be free for instruction on the days you're staying. I think you have to buy minimum of 2 hours of instruction ~$1k, but you can literally pick the car you want to drive and learn a specific skill with a pro driver in the car with you. That's probably the best use of your time and money while you're there (and what I would personally do if I ever went back)
Appreciate 3
      04-08-2024, 10:45 PM   #6
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAKE! View Post
Greer and Spartanburg is kind of a dead place. I stayed in downtown Greenville w/ plenty to do there - shopping, restaurants, bars, etc. Many areas are strip malls and so you're not going to get any historical feel. There are plenty of golf courses around if you're into that.

The BMW CCA National headquarters are nearby. They always have an exhibit you can pay to check out. It's good to do once, but to be honest, if you decide not to do it, you won't be missing much.

Personally, I would call up the BMW driving school and ask if one of the instructors will be free for instruction on the days you're staying. I think you have to buy minimum of 2 hours of instruction ~$1k, but you can literally pick the car you want to drive and learn a specific skill with a pro driver in the car with you. That's probably the best use of your time and money while you're there (and what I would personally do if I ever went back)

Fantastic info thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 12:37 PM   #7
M2Aioli
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 2022 C40

Garage List
2022 Volvo C40  [0.00]
Zentrum museum is great. Small but great. I’ve visited twice and done the tour twice. Tour being the highlight.

Greenville has some good places to eat. Heading up the mountain to Asheville would be ideal. Incredible food scene, world class mountain biking trails and 2 beautiful National forests/state parks. DuPont and Pisgah.
Appreciate 2
      04-10-2024, 04:08 PM   #8
Good 4 2 reasons
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 G42 m240ix, '18 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Aioli View Post
Zentrum museum is great. Small but great. I’ve visited twice and done the tour twice. Tour being the highlight.

Greenville has some good places to eat. Heading up the mountain to Asheville would be ideal. Incredible food scene, world class mountain biking trails and 2 beautiful National forests/state parks. DuPont and Pisgah.
I mean if you're driving up to Asheville you're almost half way to Tail of the Dragon...
2015 VW Golf 1.8t 5-speed (sold)
2004 Chevy Cavalier (hopefully crushed by now)
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 09:50 AM   #9
M2Aioli
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 2022 C40

Garage List
2022 Volvo C40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good 4 2 reasons View Post
I mean if you're driving up to Asheville you're almost half way to Tail of the Dragon...
This is a very valid point….!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 03:01 PM   #10
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

I go to Greenville often for work. Recommend you stay downtown Greenville. Amazing little area, all walking distance, and has some fantastic food. AC Hotel has been my go-to (Marriott property) that's pretty central in the downtown area.
Appreciate 0