E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Pre lci bumper/kidney grills with lci hood 2011 e90

06-24-2024, 04:53 PM   #1
nata_e90
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335xi

Pre lci bumper/kidney grills with lci hood 2011 e90

I'm trying to figure out how it'll look and if it'll even work. I originally bought a m3 bumper conversion kit from ecs (didn't mention it was for pre lci but said it fit my car which is lci ) and it turned out to be pre lci not an lci and I ordered the lci gts m4 hood aswell and I guess I'm trying to figure out how it'll work and if it even will work. Need help lmk
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2024, 12:28 PM   #2
jacob_carmelo
Rep
Drives: 2007 e91 328xi

cannot confirm with your m3 conversion fit, but with SE bumpers i know there are issues with hood/grill and bumper/grill alignment. source -- my prelci e91 and brothers lci e90 are both taken apart right now. we can switch just the bumpers but not the grills. there will be a massively ugly gap between grills/hood that will ruin the look of the front if you keep the prelci grills on there. the shapes are different and LCI grills will not fit in the prelci bumper. you'll likely never get it to work without spending a ton of effort making custom grills.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2024, 12:58 PM   #3
BMW-SRT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63sAMG, GLC63sAMG, x5m, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nata_e90 View Post
I'm trying to figure out how it'll look and if it'll even work. I originally bought a m3 bumper conversion kit from ecs (didn't mention it was for pre lci but said it fit my car which is lci ) and it turned out to be pre lci not an lci and I ordered the lci gts m4 hood aswell and I guess I'm trying to figure out how it'll work and if it even will work. Need help lmk
I have a pre-lci e90 with the rep m3 bumper and the GTS lci carbon hood, with pre-lci grills and i dont mind the look at all.
Appreciate 0