07-07-2022, 07:04 PM   #23
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
I thought M2 would be coming with CF roof, but this car, (b&W camo), has a sunroof

How can that be?
Aluminum roof is standard. CF roof as well as sunroof are options.
      07-07-2022, 07:05 PM   #24
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_F87 View Post
Quote:
I thought M2 would be coming with CF roof, but this car, (b&W camo), has a sunroof

How can that be?
Thanks for clearing that for me
      07-07-2022, 08:10 PM   #25
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
How do you know it's an aluminum roof?
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN20167.00
      07-07-2022, 09:15 PM   #26
StickyPickle
Captain
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Quote:

How can that be?
If true then there's not much reason to get the CF roof unless you're going for the aesthetics of it because the weight savings going from aluminum to CF are very minimal which doesn't justify the cost/benefit ratio
Appreciate 1
JustinHEMI7448.00
      07-07-2022, 09:31 PM   #27
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyPickle View Post
If true then there's not much reason to get the CF roof unless you're going for the aesthetics of it because the weight savings going from aluminum to CF are very minimal which doesn't justify the cost/benefit ratio
Yeah if the roof is going to cost 3k, it's going to be tough to justify. At that point I'm going moonroof.
      07-08-2022, 06:24 PM   #28
TheFactor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS.08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrm396 View Post
By "dart down after" u mean "gettin smoked by" with no chance of catching it.

Not a hater just facts
I will, by no means, disagree with you. I was more referring to the M2 jumping back on the racing line after letting the GT3RS pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS.08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrm396 View Post
By "dart down after" u mean "gettin smoked by" with no chance of catching it.

Not a hater just facts
I will, by no means, disagree with you. I was more referring to the M2 jumping back on the racing line after letting the GT3RS pass.
I don't think it got smoked and just politely let off and tucked in behind it. I'm with you brother I liked the the looks of that shot in the video and after all we all know it's not comparing apples to apples no doubt. But really digging that M2 👍🏻👊🏻
On a side note I still would of rooted for the M2 partially because I own a M240i and love this little sucker 😆
      07-09-2022, 11:28 PM   #29
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
I don't think it got smoked and just politely let off and tucked in behind it. I'm with you brother I liked the the looks of that shot in the video and after all we all know it's not comparing apples to apples no doubt. But really digging that M2 👍🏻👊🏻
On a side note I still would of rooted for the M2 partially because I own a M240i and love this little sucker 😆
Exactly. When are car lighter then a RWD G80 M3C (just a touch detuned) kindly pulls to the right to let another car pass, that doesn't in any way mean it got smoked. Cool story though bro. There sure are a lot of Porsche huggers lingering behind the bushes here these days.

Back on topic now. Can't wait to see this beauty in the flesh soon... !
2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 1
TheFactor112.00
      07-09-2022, 11:33 PM   #30
TheFactor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
Quote:
Exactly. When are car lighter then a RWD G80 M3C (just a touch detuned) kindly pulls to the right to let another car pass, that doesn't in any way mean it got smoked. Cool story though bro. There sure are a lot of Porsche huggers lingering behind the bushes here these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
Quote:

Yes the Porsche huggers will always be in the wings😁
Regardless these M2 and M240i's are a serious bang for the buck. I also can't wait for this new Little beast to hit the streets 👍🏻👊🏻
      07-10-2022, 02:46 PM   #31
Ronin76
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Im going for the aesthetics on that one my friend.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2022, 07:15 PM   #32
StickyPickle
Captain
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkalhan View Post
Quote:
No doubt it looks better than a color matching roof imo, just don't know if I can bring myself to pay 3K for it if the stock roof will be aluminum and weighs maybe just a few pounds more than the CF one. Even if the hood is also aluminum, I do plan on swapping it out for an aluminum GTS hood once they become available. Project_F87 , would you happen to know if the stock hood is aluminum as well?
Appreciate 1
Ronin76842.00
      07-10-2022, 07:26 PM   #33
Ronin76
Captain
Rep

Quote:
No doubt it looks better than a color matching roof imo, just don't know if I can bring myself to pay 3K for it if the stock roof will be aluminum and weighs maybe just a few pounds more than the CF one. Even if the hood is also aluminum, I do plan on swapping it out for an aluminum GTS hood once they become available. Project_F87 , would you happen to know if the stock hood is aluminum as well?
I hear ya, but are we sure the roof will be close to $3k. I admit that is a steep price. Worse comes to worse, I can the aluminum roof and wrap it black (assuming I select white as an exterior color).

I do like the GTS hood and would love to get that but I do not know who I could go to in my area to install it. That would be a great mod for sure. I think Thic Whips on Youtube did that with his M2. Turned out really nice.
Appreciate 1
Dabozo633.50
      07-10-2022, 07:29 PM   #34
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
M2 uses the OEM hood from the 2 series, which I believe is aluminum this time around
      07-10-2022, 07:31 PM   #35
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I hear ya, but are we sure the roof will be close to $3k. I admit that is a steep price. Worse comes to worse, I can the aluminum roof and wrap it black (assuming I select white as an exterior color).

I do like the GTS hood and would love to get that but I do not know who I could go to in my area to install it. That would be a great mod for sure. I think Thic Whips on Youtube did that with his M2. Turned out really nice.
I had installed the GTS hood on mine myself, it's pretty easy to do. Just all about adjusting 4 bolts; 2 on each side.
Attached Images

07-10-2022, 07:58 PM   #36
Ronin76
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I had installed the GTS hood on mine myself, it's pretty easy to do. Just all about adjusting 4 bolts; 2 on each side.
Does it come in your exterior color as well or did you have to go get it painted?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 01:09 PM   #37
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Does it come in your exterior color as well or did you have to go get it painted?
I had my local customs shop paint it, but had them do a fade with the carbon. Wanted it to be special so it was a little more complicated; but if you're just painting it one color, it's easy for most shops.
Attached Images

07-11-2022, 02:12 PM   #38
ihbase
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90, e91, f31, f87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenssmart View Post
car needs to be louder
Don't worry - BMW will turn up the Active Sound for an "emotional driving experience" or some bullshit like that.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 03:32 PM   #39
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwemersonrw View Post
Just show us the f!ng car already!!!
They are not unveiling it until October.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 02:16 PM   #40
rwemersonrw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition, Acura TSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwemersonrw View Post
Just show us the f!ng car already!!!
They are not unveiling it until October.
Haha thanks! All these teasers are making me anxious haha
Appreciate 0