BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications

04-21-2024, 08:40 AM   #23
BroDoze
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBro View Post
Rogue SS kit and bracket installed, also did CDV delete.

Night and day difference in terms of shifting feel, engagement and clutch modulation.

Car drives MUCH better than stock.

No binding or issues whatsoever during install.

Highly recommend the kit and CDV removal combo
Thanks for the update. So what about the RE kit could cause the binding? The fact it’s adjustable? Does it mean it came mis-adjusted from RE out of the box? Or did a customer/installer attempt to adjust it (improperly) themselves?

If both kits are dialed perfectly, what’s the better kit - RE or Auto Solutions? I think, in so many words, RE was saying they were coming after AS specifically and addressing any shortcomings there, but who knows.

Once installed, how difficult is it to adjust? Just pop off the shift boot? Or yank the whole thing back out?
      04-21-2024, 05:08 PM   #24
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDoze View Post
Thanks for the update. So what about the RE kit could cause the binding? The fact it’s adjustable? Does it mean it came mis-adjusted from RE out of the box? Or did a customer/installer attempt to adjust it (improperly) themselves?

If both kits are dialed perfectly, what’s the better kit - RE or Auto Solutions? I think, in so many words, RE was saying they were coming after AS specifically and addressing any shortcomings there, but who knows.

Once installed, how difficult is it to adjust? Just pop off the shift boot? Or yank the whole thing back out?

Go read the response from RE that I posted previously. It's a pain in the ass to adjust and as far as I can tell it's just because I got one that shouldn't of passed through QC.

Edit: After driving around on it a bit: Thank god for deleting that POS CDV. No more jerky stuff because it's trying to "help" me. The shifter though? Meh. I'll order an Autosolutions SSK when they come available. Very notchy, will need a weighted knob or something to make this feel better. For $600 I feel like I kinda got ripped off. If it was $300-350 I'd say it's about right.

Last edited by x622; 04-21-2024 at 11:47 PM..
Appreciate 1
BroDoze302.50
      04-22-2024, 02:58 PM   #25
RandomBro
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (G87)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
Go read the response from RE that I posted previously. It's a pain in the ass to adjust and as far as I can tell it's just because I got one that shouldn't of passed through QC.

Edit: After driving around on it a bit: Thank god for deleting that POS CDV. No more jerky stuff because it's trying to "help" me. The shifter though? Meh. I'll order an Autosolutions SSK when they come available. Very notchy, will need a weighted knob or something to make this feel better. For $600 I feel like I kinda got ripped off. If it was $300-350 I'd say it's about right.
Ya the CDV is a giant POS.

I actually prefer notchy shifters lol. Mainly because it gives me a sense of if it is going into the proper gate. Which is why I enjoy Honda shifters so much. The AS SSK was on my list, but the price, wait time was absolutely stupid.

I'm overall quite happy with the RE kit. But I want it to be 50% shifters haha.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 07:26 PM   #26
youloze
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Here is my IG reel on the kit that I’ve installed to my local customer’s M2.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyPaj...RlODBiNWFlZA==

He changed to CAE a few months later.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4OJq...RlODBiNWFlZA==
Thanks for this. From the video it seems like there is a much more direct feel to the shifter. Are you able to adjust the throw? I'm not so much looking for a shorter throw, just a more direct feel.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13095.00
      04-22-2024, 08:02 PM   #27
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by youloze View Post
Thanks for this. From the video it seems like there is a much more direct feel to the shifter. Are you able to adjust the throw? I'm not so much looking for a shorter throw, just a more direct feel.
I tried, but it is a bitch to move.
Your best bet is to start with RE rear bushing and see how it feels.
If it still not enough, then get the whole SSK, but request from RE to pre-set it at close to stock throw.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 12:19 PM   #28
youloze
Private
Rep

Quote:
I tried, but it is a bitch to move.
Your best bet is to start with RE rear bushing and see how it feels.
If it still not enough, then get the whole SSK, but request from RE to pre-set it at close to stock throw.
Perfect, thanks! I haven't looked into it yet, but is the install of the rear bushing straight forward and quick? Meaning, no need to remove any major components like installing the whole shifter does? I certainly have the experience to do so, but would rather not for just a rear bushing if that makes sense haha.

EDIT: I found a video of the install. Just have to remove the exhaust and heat shield. A bit annoying to install a bushing but I'll probably do it some day. On the meantime, if anyone out there has done just the bushing and wants to chime in with their thoughts I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by youloze; 04-24-2024 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13095.00
      04-24-2024, 01:05 PM   #29
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by youloze View Post
Perfect, thanks! I haven't looked into it yet, but is the install of the rear bushing straight forward and quick? Meaning, no need to remove any major components like installing the whole shifter does? I certainly have the experience to do so, but would rather not for just a rear bushing if that makes sense haha.

EDIT: I found a video of the install. Just have to remove the exhaust and heat shield. A bit annoying to install a bushing but I'll probably do it some day. On the meantime, if anyone out there has done just the bushing and wants to chime in with their thoughts I'd appreciate it.
If you are working on the car while on a lift, you should be able to reach in and remove the rear bushing without the need to remove anything.
While working on the ground with jack stands, I am not so sure. I know for sure that I won't be able get up after doing that, lol.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 01:58 PM   #30
youloze
Private
Rep

Quote:
If you are working on the car while on a lift, you should be able to reach in and remove the rear bushing without the need to remove anything.
While working on the ground with jack stands, I am not so sure. I know for sure that I won't be able get up after doing that, lol.
Thanks! I just saw a second video where they just bent the heat shield out of the way. Should be easy peasy.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13095.00