F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Studio RSR

Today, 02:40 AM   #13113
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by menem View Post
I would also assume the dip switch combination is the problem, because you can not connect LVDS either 90 or 180 degrees off, the connector itself is keyed, also the +2 pins can only go one way.

What is the other possible DIP combination I should try?

Also, as mentioned earlier, the OEM menu is shown correctly, wouldn't this also be affected if LVDS cables were wrongly connected?

What is APIX1 CID ? I have upgraded to Alpine AL3011 8.8 CID - 9387453024 OEM number
Yes, you are correct, if the OEM menu shows then the LVDS cables are ok.

APIX1 is the older video signal and will not work with APIX2 and vice versa. I believe yours is APIX1 which should work ok with the NBT MMI.

I would search the thread for DIP switch settings that others posted and fixed theirs. There are only a couple more setting options on that, not like infinitive. 11100000 what it should be. Try 01100000 or 00110000

Wild guess: 11110000, or 11000000

Unless your MCU file is messed up, or your CUST Version firmware is corrupt. But I would wait on that for the seller as they should have a better idea.

Are you sure your MMI is for NBT? Any markings? I assume you cannot see the firmware either because of the blank screen
      Today, 03:22 AM   #13114
menem
Rep
Drives: BMW F22 17'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
Yes, you are correct, if the OEM menu shows then the LVDS cables are ok.

APIX1 is the older video signal and will not work with APIX2 and vice versa. I believe yours is APIX1 which should work ok with the NBT MMI.

I would search the thread for DIP switch settings that others posted and fixed theirs. There are only a couple more setting options on that, not like infinitive. 11100000 what it should be. Try 01100000 or 00110000

Wild guess: 11110000, or 11000000

Unless your MCU file is messed up, or your CUST Version firmware is corrupt. But I would wait on that for the seller as they should have a better idea.

Are you sure your MMI is for NBT? Any markings? I assume you cannot see the firmware either because of the blank screen
I just found my old screen, so I've removed all the trim again and tried many different configurations with the old screen.

It seems that MMI menu is always shown correctly on the old 6.5 screen, no matter the dip switch combination (re-connected MMI every time I changed switches) :

but of course, the OEM menu is then not shown since I have coded it for 8.8.

However, with the mentioned DIP switch positions I never managed to get it to work with bigger screen, as if the MMI is ignoring the dip switches (only change I saw was when switch 4 was ON, I couldn't exit MMI screen).

I can additionally try the 01100000, as suggested.

I took a picture of SW version with the old screen connected (see attachment), as for the device, the box it came in says EW-LBMCP-NBT02B
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:05 AM   #13115
menem
Rep
Drives: BMW F22 17'

fe7565 Thanks a lot for your help, I found the solution.

Apparently, I got a different HW version from the Andream seller - EW-LBMCP-NBT02B

This version is different, so the correct dip switch position is this:

Unfortunately, I did not found updates for this version and it does not have the same options like "Use car BT" which I would like to use.

I will talk to the seller because I don't like that this version does not have all the support and updates that are posted in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:17 AM   #13116
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by menem View Post
I just found my old screen, so I've removed all the trim again and tried many different configurations with the old screen.

It seems that MMI menu is always shown correctly on the old 6.5 screen, no matter the dip switch combination (re-connected MMI every time I changed switches) :

but of course, the OEM menu is then not shown since I have coded it for 8.8.

However, with the mentioned DIP switch positions I never managed to get it to work with bigger screen, as if the MMI is ignoring the dip switches (only change I saw was when switch 4 was ON, I couldn't exit MMI screen).

I can additionally try the 01100000, as suggested.

I took a picture of SW version with the old screen connected (see attachment), as for the device, the box it came in says EW-LBMCP-NBT02B
This is a firmware format that is very different from the Andream and Road Top. Cannot be of help here.
      Today, 08:32 AM   #13117
cjescudero
Rep
Drives: BMW F45

Following my last post, which described the experience and process of updating my Andream (EW_NBT_04X) (https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=30493099 ), I decided to update it to enhance stability with my iPhone 14 Pro (which occasionally lost its settings) and to improve some features. Here’s what I did, with some additional details...

I extracted all the files from the reference in this post https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ostcount=11935

My starting point was:
  • SDK Version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
  • CUST Version: EW_B2_1.6.13_n
  • MCU Version: 21.9.13.122
  • HW Version: B_N2_1_G

After updating (in the order specified) the MCU with N3MCU_G.bin (extracted from GD-ENB--MCU--20230112) and the ISPBOOOT.BIN (extracted from lcbmw2e_n_EW_B2_1.6.16_n), I ended up with:
  • SDK Version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
  • CUST Version: EW_B2_1.6.16_n
  • MCU Version: 23.1.12.117
  • HW Version: B_N2_1_G

Additionally, as an extra, I changed the BMW boot "Logo Image" and "Carplay icon" to my own version, which I'm sharing here if you’re interested:
Logo image:
What I've noticed is:
  • So far, more stability, without losing connection (at least from now).
  • Although it might have been from my last update, I can now enjoy the two cameras I’ve installed connected to the module (since my car did not come with them and only has sensors at the back). This is because I can specify how long the front camera stays on after switching from reverse (with its camera) to driving forward ("From View Time Set". Without this, my car would remain a while in reverse (the time it’s programmed to show me the parking sensors) and never switched to the front.
  • Since my last update, I use the car’s Bluetooth audio (highly recommended for the improved audio quality compared to the module’s AUX). Those of us who use it know that SIRI’s sound was very low. With this update, it seems everything remains the same.
  • Regarding the sound of SIRI, nothing has change. Still to low the sound. I am afraid that is a problem with iOS.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:11 AM   #13118
justenx
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
Without posting details about your MMI, hard to answer anything.
Emm I asked about yours, but anyways mine is roadtop b2, running on B2R168_a, will update today to B2R176 as I saw it is the latest here but font think it addresses this issue specifically.
Appreciate 0