home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

11-02-2023, 03:05 PM   #23
AcrimoniousMofo
Rep
Drives: BMW M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenLexus View Post
Yeah, the comfort access works most of the time for me, but not all the time.

I don't have it set to unlock when approaching the vehicle, but a lot of time when I have my hand under the door handle, the proximity sensor doesn't recognize my key fob, I guess, and it doesn't unlock. When that happens, I'll just lift the door handle and it'll unlock...sometimes. Other times I'll lift the door handle and it still won't open, resorting to me having to use the key fob to unlock the car lol.

I DO have it set to lock when walking away and that works maybe 95% of the time. At times I'll be a good distance away without hearing the lock beep, resorting to me having to use the key fob to lock the car lol.
Same. Though I have noticed a correlation between this occurring and my key fob being in the same pocket as my Ridge wallet, and I am wondering if the wallet is blocking the radio signal (as it claims to be able to do). I haven't given this any serious kind of testing, but I do try to keep them separate and seem to be having less issues.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2023, 10:42 AM   #24
nype
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i / BMW X5 35d

More of a problem / dislike but wondering if there is a solution other than using voice commands.

I wish the shortcuts menu was accessible by clicking up on the iDrive controller wheel when in CarPlay. It seems that you have to either touch the screen left side shortcuts or press one of the buttons above the controller in order to toggle out of CarPlay.

I’m trying to use the shortcuts menu and controller as much as possible for common regular tasks. The buttons above the controller have a horrible tactile feel and I dislike using them. And with using those buttons just to get out of CarPlay it’s an added step (just to get to the shortcuts menu).

Nothing major obviously. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2023, 11:29 AM   #25
German1967
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi - 2022 992 C2S Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by nype View Post
More of a problem / dislike but wondering if there is a solution other than using voice commands.

I wish the shortcuts menu was accessible by clicking up on the iDrive controller wheel when in CarPlay. It seems that you have to either touch the screen left side shortcuts or press one of the buttons above the controller in order to toggle out of CarPlay.

I’m trying to use the shortcuts menu and controller as much as possible for common regular tasks. The buttons above the controller have a horrible tactile feel and I dislike using them. And with using those buttons just to get out of CarPlay it’s an added step (just to get to the shortcuts menu).

Nothing major obviously. Any suggestions?
You swipe down in the center of the screen to bring up the short cut menu.
      11-11-2023, 11:41 AM   #26
nype
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by German1967 View Post
You swipe down in the center of the screen to bring up the short cut menu.
That doesn’t work from within CarPlay does it?

Also, was trying to use the controller and shortcuts menu for everything, and avoid reaching for the screen.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2023, 01:33 PM   #27
JoeyJoeJo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G42 M240ix

Up on the controller doesn't work in android auto either which is inconvenient but swipe down does.
      11-11-2023, 03:44 PM   #28
nype
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoeJo View Post
Up on the controller doesn't work in android auto either which is inconvenient but swipe down does.
Interesting that swipe down works. Will try in CarPlay but likely the same. Makes no sense that the controller doesn’t work for this.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2023, 03:44 PM   #29
German1967
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nype View Post
That doesn’t work from within CarPlay does it?

Also, was trying to use the controller and shortcuts menu for everything, and avoid reaching for the screen.
I believe it does. Try it.
      11-22-2023, 05:32 AM   #30
German1967
Captain
United_States
Rep

Since Day 1 I have an “Adaptive Light Malfunction” error message that randomly appears. After several dealer visits to isolate the problem (software, hardware) it turns out that indeed one headlight is defective from the factory ($5k replacement under warranty).
      11-22-2023, 06:42 AM   #31
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Since Day 1 I have an “Adaptive Light Malfunction” error message that randomly appears. After several dealer visits to isolate the problem (software, hardware) it turns out that indeed one headlight is defective from the factory ($5k replacement under warranty).
Hell of a mark up as a headlight is approx $1800 retail.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2023, 09:20 AM   #32
Tofuu
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i

Android Auto will randomly disconnect from the phone and then automatically reconnect again. Seems to happen multiple times within the same few minutes when it does happen.

It seems to happen less often when the phone is plugged in and charging to the usb C port.

Quite annoying when it happens while using google maps to navigate somewhere unfamiliar.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2023, 11:35 AM   #33
Littlecoupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofuu View Post
Android Auto will randomly disconnect from the phone and then automatically reconnect again. Seems to happen multiple times within the same few minutes when it does happen.

It seems to happen less often when the phone is plugged in and charging to the usb C port.

Quite annoying when it happens while using google maps to navigate somewhere unfamiliar.
I have this same issue, in fact, it happened this morning twice. I find once it happens, I can take my phone out of my jeans pocket and put it in the tray where the wireless charger is (mine doesn't have wireless charging). It seems to have no issue after that.

With that said, it's pretty rare I get a full AA disconnect, maybe one day a month. I will get little quick connection hiccups once every week or two, I think.

I don't know if it's the 4 year old phone, the (thin) case, being in my pocket, or AA itself. Or a combination of all of the above.

It generally works well, but it has hiccups.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 11:29 AM   #34
Bandit009
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit009 View Post
Radio station scrolling using steering wheel buttons stops randomingly then I need to go to presets to get the scrolling to start again. Scrolls perfectly fine if I am streaming music from my phone.
Recently this is no longer a problem. This gremlin moved out of my car. Maybe it was a sticky button that worked itself out.

Now if my squealing tire would go away I might be in 240i heaven. Lol!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 04:21 PM   #35
Dinosoar
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 230i M Sport

Garage List
2022 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Side-view Mirror Replaced

On my 230 (10/21 build date), the driver's side rear-view mirror retract gearing failed; made popping sounds opening and closing. The dealer said the gears were failing and they replaced it under warranty.

Of course, they gouged/scratched the black surround on the mirror case and I had to go back for that to be replaced.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 11:10 PM   #36
Drivr.Mod
Registered
Rep
Drives: G42 m240i

Reviving this thread. Anyone experiencing a thump or thud at low rpms when accelerating? For example.. when leaving a stop sign upon initial acceleration rear end area will thud. The go away. It doesnt do it 100% but if i keep trying it will replicate.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2024, 05:02 AM   #37
Pentland
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivr.Mod View Post
Reviving this thread. Anyone experiencing a thump or thud at low rpms when accelerating? For example.. when leaving a stop sign upon initial acceleration rear end area will thud. The go away. It doesnt do it 100% but if i keep trying it will replicate.
Do you have it in sport, sort individual air sport plus mode with iconic sounds selected by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 07:40 PM   #38
johnskiller
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw m240i SDrive

Quote:
Re: Comfort Access: locking when leaving so far has worked every time. Unlocking when touching fails maybe 20% of the time for no apparent reason.

iPhone 15 PM: CarPlay won’t connect with VPN active.
I set my iPhone 13 PM to connect vpn after CarPlay connected and it works well.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 09:16 AM   #39
Antique-ace
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Okay here's a new one...
Whenever I remote start my car the steering wheel heating gets turned on regardless of the outside temperature. I have checked the settings in the "preconditioning/ventilation" menu and verified the steering wheel heating option is disabled. I cannot figure out why this is happening. Any help would be appreciated.

SOLD: 2011 550i xDrive, 1995 M3 Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 01:07 PM   #40
ninja_geezer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic RR View Post
I've had a rear diff leak. Not fixed yet, they did an input shaft seal but now believe it's the actuator seal. I'm told this the diff is a different design starting in 23MY.

The Carplay pass through for nav still intermittently shows car in wrong position. Mostly solved with the OTA software back around Aug'23.

Happy to say no reboots of my ID8 so far. I feel like it's inevitable but has been spotless for me. Planning to code a few items like auto start/stop. Update if anything changes.

Most frustrating for me personally, I disabled the walk up comfort access. The normal CA does not respond well. Often have to actually pull remote out and press button . I'm careful not to contact the lock dashes when trying to open. I've had BMWs, Audis,Mercs for years. I know how it's supposed to work. It just kinda sucks. I had an F30 that wasn't great too. Has anyone else noticed same thing?

Sonic
I'm careful not to contact the lock dashes when trying to open
can i ask why this ???
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 01:11 PM   #41
ninja_geezer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1988 View Post
I noticed this happens to me if I open my door instantly as I turn the car off or if I turn it off after opening the door. If I turn the car off and wait a second or two before opening the door the radio stops playing as I open the door.
i used bimmercode to make the unit turn off as soon as i open the door .
Appreciate 1
chris7197378.50
      02-20-2024, 05:39 AM   #42
Sonic RR
I drink and I pretend to know things.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 320I XDRIVE BASE TRASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_geezer View Post
I'm careful not to contact the lock dashes when trying to open
can i ask why this ???
Because that’s the “lock” sensor. Where you touch is designed to tell the system what you are trying to accomplish lock vs unlock.

Sonic
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 06:50 AM   #43
Pentland
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic RR View Post
Because that’s the “lock” sensor. Where you touch is designed to tell the system what you are trying to accomplish lock vs unlock.

Sonic
You’d need a deformed hand or a thumb next to your pinky to hit the grooves when opening the door.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 07:43 AM   #44
BG42
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
You’d need a deformed hand or a thumb next to your pinky to hit the grooves when opening the door.
Maybe extremely small hands. Opening the handle though should be an indication to the car you are trying to get in weird problem I have never experienced.
Appreciate 0