11-21-2022, 06:33 AM   #23
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall1957 View Post
T_U_D
Need your honest opinion. How does the blue look in person? Do you think it will age well and become a well accepted BMW color? I was leaning that way but then thought a bit too baby blue and moved to Motorsport white but seeing your video has me second guessing. I like get cars in their exclusive colors. 1M is VO, M2CS is blue.

Thoughts please
Truthfully I do not care for it. I have expressed that repeatedly. I attempted to warmup to it while staring at the vehicle for three or four hours. I wanted to like ZB as I also wanted to order it given that it is the “exclusive color” but I cannot do it.

Note, the videos are not an accurate representation of the color. The DSLR photos that Caerus took are. https://g42.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1962749

Edit, While at the Performance Center multiple individuals stated that they didn’t mind the car, but they did not care for the color. This appeared to outweigh those that liked the color.
Appreciate 4
jhall19571093.00
///M TOWN13142.00
ElHeffe186.00
      11-21-2022, 06:41 AM   #24
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
With large autoshows costing hundreds of thousands of dollars to rent space and equip and staff the booth, they would need the profit from hundreds of car sales to make it worthwhile. I'm sure the few sales that are just influenced by the presence at the show are not worthwhile.

From an IT perspective, a company I worked for in the past attended trade shows sporadically over the years, with the conclusion that the years we attended had no influence on sales volume and leads generated vs the years we didn't attend, just that we had an extra expense the years we paid for show booths. The main benefit was networking with peers, but that could be done at conferences where we didn't have any booth presence.
This kind of thinking is how you slowly cede market leadership to upstart competitors who “come out of nowhere”.

Yes, there’s not going to be much if any ROI in a mediocre booth; might as well stay home if you’re going to stand up a lighted sign, give away some keychains, T-shirts, and 1-sheets, and call it a day. I’ve attended many shows in various industries, and the correlation between companies that do actual meaningful and impactful activations at the shows and companies that see good general business outcomes is undeniable.

It’s like any form of marketing; showing up is great, but you still need to have a strong message delivered skillfully to see and maximize results.

Digital is super noisy because the barrier to entry is low. Everyone has a voice, which isn’t good when I’m a global multi-zillion dollar operation speaking at a similar volume to fly-by-night Instagram brands or whatever. Spaces where you can still talk to consumers without shouting over 1,000 others are extremely few and far between. Anyone not paying up and choosing to rest on their laurels and save a buck and expand margins by some insignificant amount is existentially vulnerable over a long enough time horizon.

If I were, say, Alfa Romeo, I’d seize the opportunity to double down on auto shows and as many real-world, non-digital placements as possible while they’re cheap and incumbents are walking away. Long-term ROI will be huge if done right.

Maybe if they had done that in 2015, I would’ve picked up a Quadrifoglio in lieu of the 8 F8x cars I purchased since then. (And that would’ve been the right choice; the Giulia QV is significantly better than all of the F8x I’ve owned, including the M3 CS.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamdar View Post
Bob Smith told me it was gonna be a press car eventually once it gets plates! Looked absolutely stunning in person and way better than the official pictures…
Awesome - did they say how long it was going to be there?
Appreciate 2
      11-21-2022, 06:47 AM   #25
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
This kind of thinking is how you slowly cede market leadership to upstart competitors who “come out of nowhere”.

Yes, there’s not going to be much if any ROI in a mediocre booth; might as well stay home if you’re going to stand up a lighted sign, give away some keychains, T-shirts, and 1-sheets, and call it a day. I’ve attended many shows in various industries, and the correlation between companies that do actual meaningful and impactful activations at the shows and companies that see good general business outcomes is undeniable.

It’s like any form of marketing; showing up is great, but you still need to have a strong message delivered skillfully to see and maximize results.

Digital is super noisy because the barrier to entry is low. Everyone has a voice, which isn’t good when I’m a global multi-zillion dollar operation speaking at a similar volume to fly-by-night Instagram brands or whatever. Spaces where you can still talk to consumers without shouting over 1,000 others are extremely few and far between. Anyone not paying up and choosing to rest on their laurels and save a buck and expand margins by some insignificant amount is existentially vulnerable over a long enough time horizon.

If I were, say, Alfa Romeo, I’d seize the opportunity to double down on auto shows and as many real-world, non-digital placements as possible while they’re cheap and incumbents are walking away. Long-term ROI will be huge if done right.

Maybe if they had done that in 2015, I would’ve picked up a Quadrifoglio in lieu of the 8 F8x cars I purchased since then. (And that would’ve been the right choice; the Giulia QV is significantly better than all of the F8x I’ve owned, including the M3 CS.)

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 06:53 AM   #26
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
I left the convo alone and responded only after observing the discussion still ongoing (including a response from you, see below).

Quote:
No doubt.

Auto shows were headed to their demise prior to Covid. Covid certainly gave them a final swift kick in the butt.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 07:03 AM   #27
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I left the convo alone and responded only after observing the discussion still ongoing (including a response from you, see below).
I provided a direct yet brief reply. I did not write book. Sorry, but six lengthy paragraphs is a hijack. All good, just stating the obvious.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 07:24 AM   #28
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I provided a direct yet brief reply. I did not write book. Sorry, but six lengthy paragraphs is a hijack. All good, just stating the obvious.
A thoughtful response deserves a thoughtful response. Also relevant to me that the discussion touched on a topic/profession that has made me enough to buy this car many, many times over.

I have nothing more to say on it; thread un-jacked.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 08:21 AM   #29
jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Quote:
Quote:
I agree. Let's get back on topic please. Many "buyers" who don't get the chance to see the actual car in person before ordering need as much info as we can get. Besides, who really gives a crap about car shows and manufacturers thoughts on them?
      11-21-2022, 08:22 AM   #30
jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall1957 View Post
T_U_D
Need your honest opinion. How does the blue look in person? Do you think it will age well and become a well accepted BMW color? I was leaning that way but then thought a bit too baby blue and moved to Motorsport white but seeing your video has me second guessing. I like get cars in their exclusive colors. 1M is VO, M2CS is blue.

Thoughts please
Truthfully I do not care for it. I have expressed that repeatedly. I attempted to warmup to it while staring at the vehicle for three or four hours. I wanted to like ZB as I also wanted to order it given that it is the “exclusive color” but I cannot do it.

Note, the videos are not an accurate representation of the color. The DSLR photos that Caerus took are. https://g42.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1962749

Edit, While at the Performance Center multiple individuals stated that they didn’t mind the car, but they did not care for the color. This appeared to outweigh those that liked the color.
Thanks TUD. Pretty sure I'll stay with white.
      11-21-2022, 09:24 AM   #31
bangerman15
Rep
Drives: No bmw yet

Quote:

I actually MIGHT go back to ZB instead of TR after you pointing out the pics in that link reflect how it is in person. Thanks for mentioning that. Love TR, but always had a thing for baby blue..
Appreciate 1
Biimmer70.00
      11-21-2022, 11:00 AM   #32
MmmmmM2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2016 Mazda CX-5  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamdar View Post
Bob Smith told me it was gonna be a press car eventually once it gets plates! Looked absolutely stunning in person and way better than the official pictures…
How long will it be there?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 04:14 PM   #33
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmmmM2 View Post
How long will it be there?
No idea but you could probably call and ask before making the drive over to them
      11-22-2022, 09:52 AM   #34
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i - Lexus NX300 F

Only way I'm purchasing this car is in British racing green competition spec. 😆😆
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 11:02 AM   #35
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

This is probably the best video I've seen on ZB with some really good closeups all around the car. The video is also in 4K.

Ohh, BMW finally put dressing on the tires.

Appreciate 2
MmmmmM22578.00
      11-23-2022, 12:21 PM   #36
MmmmmM2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2016 Mazda CX-5  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
I forgot to add, but of all things I did NOT expect, I liked the interior FAR more than the exterior. Man, that interior is nice and I would love spending time in there.
Appreciate 1