BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

03-02-2022, 08:39 PM   #45
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

Quote:
DCC is regular cruise control that slows down when the car is going around a curve
Frankly i hate that "advanced" feature of DCC, slowing car down when in a corner above "normal' speeds....gimme old fashioned NON-dynamic cruise control any day.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 11:34 AM   #46
thepianist1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvalt View Post
I cut this from the press release they did in July when announcing the car:

״ The standard-fitted Cruise Control with brake function helps make driving over longer distances more relaxing. It maintains the desired speed set by the driver (in a range between 30 km/h [19 mph] and the top speed of the model at hand), while automatically adjusting to a comfortable speed in bends.
And the optional Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go function offers even more extensive assistance by using sensor data from cameras and radar to not only maintain the preferred speed but also automatically keep a safe distance from vehicles travelling ahead – with a choice of four proximity settings. This system works when driving at speeds of 30 – 160 km/h (19 – 99 mph) and is capable of braking
the vehicle to a standstill, if necessary, and even setting off again automatically after short pauses lasting up to 30 seconds.
The standard and optional cruise control systems both include a manual Speed Limit Assist function, which allows the driver to import the speed limit registered by the Speed Limit Info system as the new set speed at the push of a button.
Did anyone order this option standalone ($550, see below) or did you have to order Driver Assist Package Professional?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 11:41 AM   #47
Cwatt79
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i M Sport

Driver Assist Package Professional is not available on the G42. The only way to get active cruise control is to order the standalone option.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 12:52 PM   #48
thepianist1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwatt79 View Post
Driver Assist Package Professional is not available on the G42. The only way to get active cruise control is to order the standalone option.
I wish they had that on all models for people who just wanted adaptive cruise control and nothing else that comes with DAP
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 04:10 PM   #49
JoeyJoeJo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G42 M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwatt79 View Post
The only way to get active cruise control is to order the standalone option.
Local markets vary so much. In the UK it's only available as part of £1100 driving assistant pack, can't be bought on it's own. And we don't have a pro pack either
      05-31-2023, 02:38 AM   #50
pw4
Private
Rep
Drives: G42 230i Msport

That's correct - lots of variation by country.

Euro spec cars tend not to have individually selectable options the way it seems to be in USA - something to do with having to do certification testing in Europe with each possible configuration of the car, so BMW limits the number of variables by putting everything in option packs. Annoying for those of us outside Europe and USA!

In Australia, active cruise control is standard on the 230i and M240i and in an option pack for the 220i.

2021 International BMW Club of the Year

Opinions are personal, not those of the club
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 04:12 AM   #51
dy444
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw4 View Post
That's correct - lots of variation by country.

Euro spec cars tend not to have individually selectable options the way it seems to be in USA - something to do with having to do certification testing in Europe with each possible configuration of the car, so BMW limits the number of variables by putting everything in option packs. Annoying for those of us outside Europe and USA!

In Australia, active cruise control is standard on the 230i and M240i and in an option pack for the 220i.
Packaging has not always been the case in Europe though because up to about 3 or 4 years ago you could select options individually on most models.

Packaging is not great imo because it often forces you to take options you really don't want. I hate Comfort Access for example but now if I want options it's packaged with then I'm forced to have it.

As an aside, I suggested to BMW a while ago that if they insisted on packaging Comfort Access with other options then there ought to be an i-Drive option to completely disable it so that those who didn't like it could switch it off. I also suggested fitting the same door handles to all cars irrespective so that cars with Comfort Access don't advertise the fact to car thieves. Both ideas have been ignored as usual. (Rant over!)
G42 M240i xDrive. Brooklyn Grey, 19" Bicolour Double-spoke style 893 M alloy wheels with performance tyres, Technology Plus Pack, M Adaptive Suspension, Harman/Kardon Surround Sound Audio System, Heated Steering Wheel, Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 06:49 AM   #52
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dy444 View Post
Packaging has not always been the case in Europe though because up to about 3 or 4 years ago you could select options individually on most models.

Packaging is not great imo because it often forces you to take options you really don't want. I hate Comfort Access for example but now if I want options it's packaged with then I'm forced to have it.

As an aside, I suggested to BMW a while ago that if they insisted on packaging Comfort Access with other options then there ought to be an i-Drive option to completely disable it so that those who didn't like it could switch it off. I also suggested fitting the same door handles to all cars irrespective so that cars with Comfort Access don't advertise the fact to car thieves. Both ideas have been ignored as usual. (Rant over!)
What part of comfort access can you not disable ?

Aren’t the relay thefts associated with CA a thing of the past now they have keys that “sleep”?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 10:31 AM   #53
Nate48
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i xDrive

My car is currently "IN TRANSIT" and finished production on 4/30. It has Active Cruise Control checked, and mine is fully loaded, and I wasn't told I would have missing features. Would I not have radar cruise??
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 11:41 AM   #54
aiursblade
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42

Garage List
2023 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate48 View Post
My car is currently "IN TRANSIT" and finished production on 4/30. It has Active Cruise Control checked, and mine is fully loaded, and I wasn't told I would have missing features. Would I not have radar cruise??
Don’t worry, this thread was necro’d from 2022, AAC has been back and included for most of 2023.
Appreciate 1
Nate48150.00