12-01-2022, 02:15 AM   #23
Nicolas05
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW g42 M240i

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax30za View Post
Yeah, agreed. Let's hope for their sake they still have the "i" lying around their shop to install it..
I may hope for you they get entirely new badge and not just slap the i on… the badge is not installed correctly at all. It’s not in the right place and letters are spaced wrong.
Man, i would be furious with this job.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 09:15 AM   #24
Ajax30za
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas05 View Post
Quote:
Yeah, agreed. Let's hope for their sake they still have the "i" lying around their shop to install it..
I may hope for you they get entirely new badge and not just slap the i on… the badge is not installed correctly at all. It’s not in the right place and letters are spaced wrong.
I am going to get my boxing gloves ready for when I take my car back to them next week..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 10:31 AM   #25
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

As others said, fishing line, gentle heat gun, and then the 3M wheel should have been the only things that touched that car. The original badge should have been taped as shown above. What complete clowns. Make sure you document everything and get their step by step procedure on how the originally removed the spoiler.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 11:17 AM   #26
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

They let the new guy take this one
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 01:07 PM   #27
Autobahn SoCal
Performance Driving Coach
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 (G87)

Garage List
Quote:
So I picked up my new M240i last week. Drove it 6km to a detailing shop to get a full PPF done and picked up the car yesterday again. The detailing shop phoned me the day they got the car and said there were dents on the boot spoiler, but I wasn't quite sure what they were talking about because the car looked perfect when I picked it up.

This morning after have a good look in the sunlight for the first time, you can clearly see the dents are underneath where the OEM spoiler would have been. The new Carbon spoiler now fitted sits further back and has exposed these dents.

Has anyone else who has done a similar modification seen these kind of dents and managed to get them fixed by BMW?

This first picture is from a video I took of the car when I dropped it off at the detailing shop. The second one is a pic with the new spoiler fitted.
Also, this isn't sitting flush with the top lip it's too low. They need to reinstall better. Is this OEM BMW performance part? If it's too low there's a chance the adhesive or 3M tape won't hold that long as there's not enough surface area to hold to.

https://www.youtube.com/autobahnsocal
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 01:08 PM   #28
Autobahn SoCal
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas05 View Post
Quote:
I may hope for you they get entirely new badge and not just slap the i on… the badge is not installed correctly at all. It's not in the right place and letters are spaced wrong.
This isn't an OEM badge it's way too big. Make them take that crap off and put the real one on.

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 01:11 PM   #29
Ajax30za
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn SoCal View Post
Quote:
So I picked up my new M240i last week. Drove it 6km to a detailing shop to get a full PPF done and picked up the car yesterday again. The detailing shop phoned me the day they got the car and said there were dents on the boot spoiler, but I wasn't quite sure what they were talking about because the car looked perfect when I picked it up.

This morning after have a good look in the sunlight for the first time, you can clearly see the dents are underneath where the OEM spoiler would have been. The new Carbon spoiler now fitted sits further back and has exposed these dents.

Has anyone else who has done a similar modification seen these kind of dents and managed to get them fixed by BMW?

This first picture is from a video I took of the car when I dropped it off at the detailing shop. The second one is a pic with the new spoiler fitted.
Also, this isn't sitting flush with the top lip it's too low. They need to reinstall better. Is this OEM BMW performance part? If it's too low there's a chance the adhesive or 3M tape won't hold that long as there's not enough surface area to hold to.
Yeah. I also think they put it around 0.5cm too far back. I have that on my list of things to complain about 😉
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2022, 01:12 PM   #30
Autobahn SoCal
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

This isn't an OEM badge it's way too big. Make them take that crap off and put the real one on.

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 01:14 PM   #31
Ajax30za
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That badge is from AutoID. Same as the rest of the Carbon kit installed on the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 01:16 PM   #32
Autobahn SoCal
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That badge is from AutoID. Same as the rest of the Carbon kit installed on the car.
Ah ok that explains it. The autoid one isn't OEM size etc because of copyright issues. I have a badge from them and they explained this to me as the fender badge I got from them was too small. They can't make it the OEM size unless it's the actual OEM performance one from BMW. For me it's worth an extra few bucks to have the correct one as it looks bad with the size and spaces all wrong.

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 07:18 PM   #33
LukyLu
Enlisted Member
China
Rep
Drives: G42 M240I

Quote:
The shop said they didn't use "hard" tools to remove the spoiler, so I am not sure who to believe. The shop where I did the work said that they would fix the dents for me though, which does sound a bit suspicious..
Ya they did it!!!! I removed my own and there were no dents.... I caused very light surface marks which were gone after a light buff!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 12:20 AM   #34
marcsg42
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Yes I would be so upset,I’m not sure if I would even let them touch my car again,I would take it some where else that’s reputable and send them the bill,and if they refuse to pay it I would leave bad ratings for that shop ,that’s unacceptable 🤬
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 12:23 AM   #35
marcsg42
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
They let the new guy take this one
I agree
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 12:37 AM   #36
Ajax30za
Enlisted Member
Rep

Just dropped it off now at the same place because they are going to check the ppf job they did.

At the same time fix the dents, fix the m240i badge as well and also do the window tinting..

This is their chance to redeem themselves. I spoke to the owner and he is adamant they didn't use tools, but only the string method to get the rear spoiler off.

Let's see what it looks like when I get it back in a few hours time..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 03:02 PM   #37
beauderek
Client Advisor/Radio DJ
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 330xi/2019 bmw 230i

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
f22 230i delivered 12/27/18/Seaside Blue/Oyster Sensatec/Manual/Heated front seats, Track & Handling package/CF mirrors and rear spoiler/M Sport front bumper/Shadowline trim/M Performance shift knob/1 Series (f21) M Sport steering wheel
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2022, 11:41 PM   #38
Ajax30za
Enlisted Member
Rep

So they fixed the dents, tinting looks good but I am still not 100% happy with the way the AutoID spoiler is fitted.

I will probably go to another place to see if they can fit it better and get it to sit 100% flush with the boot.

At work now so will post pics tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
PP3121357.50
      12-07-2022, 01:36 PM   #39
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

Quote:
So they fixed the dents, tinting looks good but I am still not 100% happy with the way the AutoID spoiler is fitted.

I will probably go to another place to see if they can fit it better and get it to sit 100% flush with the boot.

At work now so will post pics tomorrow.
It also may be a manner of manufacturing differences, ie the convex/concave of the two surfaces may not be exactly the same and it may not be possible to fit better.
I would live with it for a while and see if it bothers you over time, i would guess no one else would notice the "misfit" but then i have not seen the latest. Actually the first picts you posted looked ok to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 01:41 PM   #40
Ajax30za
Enlisted Member
Rep

I will take some pics tomorrow of the new fit, but I will also post a pic from AutoID to show the fit on their car. There is no gap at all on their rear spoiler that I can see.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 02:08 PM   #41
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

unfortunately poor resolution images, makes it hard to tell.
Appreciate 0