BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

Yesterday, 09:26 AM   #4599
gunpwdr
Rep
Drives: 2024 Brooklyn Grey M2

Glovis Sun is set to stop at Freeport, TX next… so it looks like the loading process is complete.
Appreciate 2
Lost2337.00
M5wag57.50
      Yesterday, 10:37 AM   #4600
hobbes259
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C

Cool

Hey folks - new guy here but about to start the ordering process. Haven't spoken to my dealer yet and this will be my first BMW, but I'm gleaning I'll have at least a few months to wait.

A couple of questions I didn't see an easy answer to from skimming the last 10 pages or so:

1) Are dealers attempting to charge markups, or can I expect to basically stay at MSRP? Also, will the overall price be communicated/handled at the time of the order? I'm wary of other new car purchases I've done when the dealer tries to throw in all kinds of BS additions at the end and charge for it, like tinted windows, floor mats, etc. And they won't take them off. Not sure if BMW dealerships operate like this, and not sure if it's really applicable when I'm ordering something customized from the factory.

2) Given that it is a new order, is there any benefit to shopping around at different dealerships? I'm not seeing a ton if the prices are set.

3) Any other tips/trips/things you wish you did when starting out?

Thanks all!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:46 AM   #4601
Ravenseal
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes259 View Post
Hey folks - new guy here but about to start the ordering process. Haven't spoken to my dealer yet and this will be my first BMW, but I'm gleaning I'll have at least a few months to wait.

A couple of questions I didn't see an easy answer to from skimming the last 10 pages or so:

1) Are dealers attempting to charge markups, or can I expect to basically stay at MSRP? Also, will the overall price be communicated/handled at the time of the order? I'm wary of other new car purchases I've done when the dealer tries to throw in all kinds of BS additions at the end and charge for it, like tinted windows, floor mats, etc. And they won't take them off. Not sure if BMW dealerships operate like this, and not sure if it's really applicable when I'm ordering something customized from the factory.

2) Given that it is a new order, is there any benefit to shopping around at different dealerships? I'm not seeing a ton if the prices are set.

Thanks all!
You're in Colorado according to your profile? If so, reach out to me directly and I can put you in contact with my sales person in Denver. They're at MSRP, maybe slightly under the last time I spoke with him before the end of April? I can't promise below MSRP unless you have your own rebates or conquest eligibility.

Retired: 2022 M240i xDrive | 2021 Audi RS5 | 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT | 2016 428i GC | 2011 BMW 335is
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:09 AM   #4602
hobbes259
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenseal View Post
You're in Colorado according to your profile? If so, reach out to me directly and I can put you in contact with my sales person in Denver. They're at MSRP, maybe slightly under the last time I spoke with him before the end of April? I can't promise below MSRP unless you have your own rebates or conquest eligibility.
Oh damn - I moved a few months ago to northern Virginia. Just updated my profile. Shoot!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:14 AM   #4603
Ravenseal
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 6MT

Quote:
Oh damn - I moved a few months ago to northern Virginia. Just updated my profile. Shoot!
Ah. Bummer. I've heard the East/West coasts are slightly more competitive for pricing and allocations. Don't ask people in California about ADM

Retired: 2022 M240i xDrive | 2021 Audi RS5 | 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT | 2016 428i GC | 2011 BMW 335is
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:46 PM   #4604
gunpwdr
Rep
Drives: 2024 Brooklyn Grey M2

Quote:

Thanks all!
1. DC area dealers shouldn't charge a markup but none have gone below MSRP on an M2 without the veteran/loyalty/etc discounts... unless you want an i4, in which case you can get a ridiculous discount. I'm pretty sure you can get a discount for a regular 2 series though. DM me if you want a CA to work with at Sterling or Alexandria.

2. No real incentive other than building a relationship/history with a dealership. I will say that Sterling will tell you they have a 1-year waitlist for their M2 allocations whereas Alexandria wasn't the case for me. I did put a deposit down on a dealer allocation though, which was in early April and my M2 is on a ship as of this writing. You may run into a similar situation since my CA told me they don't have a waitlist for M2's

3. Starting out... BMW isn't terribly different from other luxury car dealerships. I've had very uneven experience with CA's but when they realize I'm serious, I usually work out a deal pretty quickly. See #1 re: CA.

Good luck with your search...
Appreciate 1
ayilar17.50
      Yesterday, 03:25 PM   #4605
Ceeto
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 F87 M2 & 2024 G87(soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
Same here - production date of 4/8 and just switched to 193 today.

Update: 195

Update #2: ETA 5/13 (Brunswick, GA)
I’m still at 160 Released to Distribution - and been there for almost 3 weeks. I finished production in also around early April. Wonder how come I’m not on a boat yet??
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:09 PM   #4606
bibd
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3

90% sure my car didn't make the Glovis Sun (still RFT since 4/20).

This ship info is all over the place, but looking ahead... there's a "vehicle carrier" ship named Tanabata (WW ship) that's currently in port at Veracruz. Due to depart tomorrow, 5/9, for Manzanillo, Panama. Per the WW website, there will be a transshipment in Panama from the Tanabata to the Tosca (another WW ship). Tosca is due to depart Panama on 5/18 for Brunswick on 5/23 and Baltimore on 5/27.

I guess this seems like the next potential option for those still waiting for a ship, though who knows if BMW even uses this ship. Just have to wait and see I guess.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:53 PM   #4607
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2 6MT

Quote:

Thanks all!
I would reach out to a few dealerships in your area. What I've done, is essentially written out an email, which basically says I want to order an M2 (you can list out the exact specs you want to order), and ask if they have an allocation available (or when the next available one is), what the price they would give it for is, and specify you do not want any of the extra dealer add ons at all.

Copy and paste and send an email to several dealerships and you'll have responses fairly quickly from most of them. Don't give them your phone number. Most will try and call you, but I find that leaves room for some stuff that is said verbally, and is not written anywhere.

As far as specific info on markups vs discounts, others can be more helpful on that, since I'm in Texas.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:09 AM   #4608
dallasg87
Rep
Drives: Incoming '24 G87 / 2020 330i

I'm told my car is on the truck from Houston - it should be just 7 days from now that I'm waking up to drive to pick up mine!
Appreciate 1
Lost2337.00
      Today, 12:14 AM   #4609
wetburbles
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Canceled an order that is still stuck in 047. The manager coincidently says there was a production number this whole time….

If anyone is in the San Gabriel Valley area (california) , New Century now has an allocation. (take with grain of salt) This is for 2024 allocation fyi

Content with order with BMW of DTLA. Just haven’t gotten around to tying loose ends.

Last edited by wetburbles; Today at 12:15 AM.. Reason: Context added
Appreciate 1
      Today, 11:24 AM   #4610
M5wag
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M340i

How long should I expect the car to take to get from Brunswick to a south Florida dealer?
Appreciate 0