home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

04-30-2023, 08:35 AM   #1
JoeyJoeJo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G42 M240ix

Another M240i in thundernight inbound to UK

Been a long term lurker on here since I had my 335d in 2015 and after a detour via Golf R and AMG A35, got an M135ix last year and while it's an awesome car, some specs were missing due to global issues so it was never going to be a long termer.

With one eye on the next car probably being the last pure petrol we would buy, was looking at late M2C and very close to buying one until there was an M240i at one of the dealers. I'd obviously been aware of them but seeing in the flesh bumped everything else down the list. With some dubious rationalising and a fair bit of man maths, deal done and snagged a dealer's slot that was about to go into build and now have a July delivery date.

As the aim is to have this for a long time (not sure it will be future classic like an M2C but should hold up well), it was important to us to get all the options we wanted so came up with:

Thundernight
893s
M technology pack (stupid name btw, not to be confused with tech pack)
Technology plus pack
Comfort pack
HK
M accents
Alu rhombicle trim

I miss adaptive cruise from my Golf but couldn't justify the £1000 for driving asst plus for the twice a year I'd use it so left it there and will get some M bits probably.

So it will be stock with some oem additions and other than ppf, nothing else planned (well... maybe some exhaust tips lol)

That's it, just saying hello