E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Charge pipe possible boost leak

06-05-2024, 06:27 PM   #1
Pryxis
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i M-Sport

Charge pipe possible boost leak

Hey everyone,

Flashed MHD Stage 1 and installed VRSF catless downpipe on my 2013 E92 335i xDrive this past weekend. Was driving around fine until my car threw a code relating to a possible leak. The code I got is 2906 - Intake Plenum: Suspicion of leaks between exhaust turbocharger and intake valves. Attached the code below, don’t mind the others.

After doing some research, people advised to check the charge pipe to make sure it’s fitted properly, so I did. I had previously installed the VRSF charge pipe as my stock one cracked on stock boost. 😹 I found a slight gap between the charge pipe and the intercooler on the rubber connector, pictured below. Could this be the reason I’m getting the code? Or is this something else? I tried to loosen the clamp on one end of the connector to try and slide it over the intercooler but it won’t budge. I cannot remember if the charge pipe was fitted like this before, but I’d assume not. I would think that because of the increased boost pressure, it may have slipped off. Any help would be appreciated!
Attached Images

Last edited by Pryxis; 06-05-2024 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 0