BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

09-09-2022, 12:48 PM   #67
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
I've always done coil overs but we'll see. Springs are a third of the price which make them really appealing.
Do you know what options are currently available for the G80/2? Last I checked it was pretty limited. I don't think I saw any springs but would also consider them if they were from a reputable brand with the proper spring rates and ride height. I've always liked the Dinan springs, they also offer shorter bump stops which is a must if you're lowering the car.
Appreciate 1
Ronin76861.50
      09-09-2022, 12:57 PM   #68
Ronin76
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Do you know what options are currently available for the G80/2? Last I checked it was pretty limited. I don't think I saw any springs but would also consider them if they were from a reputable brand with the proper spring rates and ride height. I've always liked the Dinan springs, they also offer shorter bump stops which is a must if you're lowering the car.
I am glad I am getting my car later. I can wait for you more experienced guys to get this work done and then just copy what you guys do .
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 01:21 PM   #69
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m20e3087 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m20e3087 View Post
Quote:
For those getting aftermarket wheels (and even if you aren't) will you be lowering your car? If so, lowering springs or coil-overs? Why one over the other?
HAS kit for sure with spacers. Either after market or just will get the MP HAS before I even take delivery. I am currently on MSS without any issues.
How much does that usually run as far as cost goes. Do you have to make any changes when swapping out summer tires and wheels for a winter tire and wheel setup? Sorry never done any of this before so rather new at this.
HAS kits should not take more then 3-4hrs. If they are quoting higher then that find a new shop. I did my front DIY, took me about 2hrs for the front. But rears I didn't have enough room to loosen one bolt, so took it to shop paid $120. I am not running winter wheels but don't think you need any sort of adjustments with wheels. Alignment is recommended after the springs are settled. If you go with MP, all this will be done either at the dealership or VPC before you take delivery.
Thank you for all the info. Yeah, I worry about the warranty (was just googling it) so I think I may get the M Performance set up and have them do it prior to delivery. Thanks again!
Lowering the car will not void warranty.
Thanks, good to know…definitely showing my ignorance on this subject.
No worries. That's what the forum is for.