BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

12-27-2021, 03:08 AM   #1
G42Esko
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G20 BMW M340i

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Judging by the painful allocation/build time posts, we're all in the same dreadful boat in terms of wait times.

I'm located in South FL & placed my order for my M240i on Nov 22nd. It is now December 27th and my car remains in it's 047 Status. Zero updates in terms of VIN or Production #. This is my first time ever ordering a car - let alone purchasing my first BMW. What a stressful experience lol, I just want to see some sort of update. The wait ain't so bad when you see things are getting done. I am praying I see some type of progress the first week of January. I'm already expecting my car late February - early March.

Anyone wanna chime in on allocations/order dates/updates? Let's all share some
holiday pain

Cheers

My order :

-Brooklyn Grey
-Shadowline Pkg
-791M Black Wheels
-HK Audio
-Live Cockpit Nav
-Illuminated M Trim
-Red brake calipers
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 10:53 AM   #2
AMMG42
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by G42Esko View Post
Judging by the painful allocation/build time posts, we're all in the same dreadful boat in terms of wait times.

I'm located in South FL & placed my order for my M240i on Nov 22nd. It is now December 27th and my car remains in it's 047 Status. Zero updates in terms of VIN or Production #. This is my first time ever ordering a car - let alone purchasing my first BMW. What a stressful experience lol, I just want to see some sort of update. The wait ain't so bad when you see things are getting done. I am praying I see some type of progress the first week of January. I'm already expecting my car late February - early March.

Anyone wanna chime in on allocations/order dates/updates? Let's all share some
holiday pain

Cheers

My order :

-Brooklyn Grey
-Shadowline Pkg
-791M Black Wheels
-HK Audio
-Live Cockpit Nav
-Illuminated M Trim
-Red brake calipers

This is my first vehicle ever to order and also my first BMW. The delay in the process and not getting information on updates has drained me of all the initial excitement I once had. My order was placed 8/28, Production Start on 10/13, in Quality Check 11/12. It's still in Quality Check to this day, 7 weeks and counting with no signs of moving. CA says due to possible part shortage but has no specific information on what part nor when the part will come in. Also, read that BMW is doing what they call "Hole Shoring". It's when BMW builds the whole car except for the missing part and then can be completed relatively easily when the part shows up. Also, found out from a San Luis Potosi Plant employee that they are on vacation for three weeks which began 12/20.

My Order:

-Black Sapphire Metalic
-Tacora Red Vernasca Leather
-Shadowline Pkg
-Parking Assist Package
-Premium Package
-Remote Start
-797 19" M Wheels
-HK Audio
-Live Cockpit Nav
-Illuminated M Trim
-M Sport Brakes with Red calipers

Last edited by AMMG42; 12-30-2021 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 12:09 PM   #3
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by G42Esko View Post

I'm located in South FL & placed my order for my M240i on Nov 22nd. It is now December 27th and my car remains in it's 047 Status. Zero updates in terms of VIN or Production #.
I have no idea what 047 status is, but your post indicates you have no VIN or production number. That indicates that the dealer did not have an allocation. I had to shop around a number of dealers to find one with an open allocation. If your dealer did not have an allocation to could take a while before they get one. My order was placed and entered production quickly and finished to the point of "ready for transport". Actually that stage is where it is hung up now which doesn't surprise me with the shipping bottlenecks. Anyway mine from order to finish build was really quick.

Also we have a order status thread already...no need for duplicate threads on the same topic.
Appreciate 0